1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

How did you decide on your username?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Morgaine, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I have seen members of the forum that have wonderful usernames, ranging from things that have to do with Pokémon to something completely unrelated. But every username has a story. Whether you looked to the left and saw a nice lamp to something that might be very dear to your heart. So, my question is: How did you decided on your username?

AzurAurora is made up from Azure and Aurora, as most might have guessed. The reason why I went with this name, is that when I tried to decide on a name for FFn, I was reading the myths about Aurora the Roman Goddess of the Dawn. And I have always had a fondness for the color blue and Azure is a shade I like very much. Hence AzurAurora came into the world. (Because AzureAurora was already taken)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Maantijger

PokéPoints:
    ₽268.5
    Because I was sick of people making fun of my previous name, I thought I'd come up with a comletely new one and not use Noedels (Noodles), which I usually have as my backup username. Maantijger means moon tiger in Dutch. Tigers and other felines are my favorite animals and I'm a real night person, plus the moon can be very beautiful too. It gives off a sort of mystic vibe, even though most non Dutch speakers will never be able to pronounce it >_>

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    When I was younger, I used to have an imaginary superhero that resembled me. She was originally based on Megaman (I'm not kidding, lol), but that quickly changed into Pokémon. Her full name was Séne Megarai Raichu. I don't remember where I got the name "Séne" from (especially because it's not a real name, much less a real word, lol - it does sound a lot like my name though), but Megarai is a combination between Mega and Raichu (my favourite Pokémon at that time). Raichu was her surname (I was only five years old back then, please forgive me).
    Séne accompanied me in the many travels I had through my vast imagination back when I was still in elementary school. I'm proud to say she's my first OC ever, even though I don't use her anymore and she's kinda been forgotten, oops. I'll always honor her through my username though :D
    The 111 in my name come from my favourite number combination: pretty much any number that only contains 1s works, lol. I originally went with Megarai1111 (4x 1) because four digits looked nice, but I ended up joining a website one day where there was a character limit of 10, so I was forced to shorten it to three digits. I created a DeviantArt account to be able to store the art I made for that website (using 3x 1 to avoid confusion), and I ended up being referred to LV from DA, so I ended up using 3x 1 again to avoid causing confusion yet again :P

So yeah, this is me. Megarai111. Nice to meet you :P

4. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    Joker is a character in smile precure :>

5. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    My username was originally AuraKnight, since my favourite Pokémon is Lucario, I thought that it encapsulated his personality pretty well. After a while, though, everyone one on here just started calling me "Aura", and I got used to it, so I changed my name to Aura.

Pretty boring story but yeh

6. Empty

Empty Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽8.3
    Was thinking about what username I should choose, and realized I have a different username for almost everything I sign up for. Made me realize I never committed to one thing in my life, including building an internet identity for myself. Been thinking about college and I've literally nothing for the 17 years of my life. Chose this depressing username. It was the first time I decided on a username so quickly. I could be optimistic and say since I'm 'empty', theres space to grow.
    I'll be starting off with digital art and try to do it seriously. I made userbars in the past so I'll be going back and expanding. I enjoy learning about the inspiration/origin behind usernames. Its great to learn for fun!

7. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    My goal was to think of something iconic, yet simple. I've taken upon many usernames - and therefore many identities - in the past, and I always like to adopt a new name whenever possible. While having the same username everywhere does improve consistency, thinking up new names is half the fun.

I'm not sure if my fascination with dragons started with this, or really began to increase because of this, but my favourite video game is the Golden Sun series (three games, but one overarching story), the object that made it the most unique was the Djinn and Summon system, and my favourite summon in the series is Eclipse, the dragon whose wings span the skies (and block out the sun). Perhaps not surprisingly, its light counterpart Crystallux is the runner-up, but that's another story. Eclipse - iconic, yet simple. And thus the name of Eclipse was born.

My alternate name, Wynnveiled, which I created later, is first and foremost a pun name - it's a portmanteau of the name Wynn, and the adjective 'wind-veiled'. I don't remember exactly where I first heard the phrase 'wind-veiled', but it invokes notions and visuals of mystical creatures shrouded in mystery and hidden by the breeze. The Wynn part comes about because, at the time that I developed this, I was currently using a banner with Wynn the Wind Charmer as the subject.

8. Mimic

Mimic Tuber

PokéPoints:
    ₽64.7
    I play Dungeons & Dragons quite often, & one of my favourite encounters involved a mimic, & it became a running joke in my friend group, so I obtained the name, much better than my previous username for everything else, which was Drakar.

9. Almandine-G

Almandine-G All Men Are Equal

Eggu-Sama
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽25.4
    My name originally started out as "OfficialRedG." It had become my normal username for quite some time, so when I signed up I naturally used that. The name stemmed from a previous username, "RedGamercat," which I used frequently round the place. For length's sake however, I usually cut down to just RedG, which later adapted to "Official" RedG simply cause it sounded good I guess. But that's not the full story!

RedGamercat was actually, in its first form, GamerPeel24. I have no idea where the name stemmed from but it was my first. The name became Gamercat because of a dumb character I created in LittleBigPlanet, which then became RedGamercat thanks to the character's colour (creative, I know). Course, all that's wayyyyyyyyy before I joined LV.

But, all things must end, and so too did the OfficialRedG. I'd grown bored of the name personally, so I decided it was time to change it up, and after putting research into it I settled on Almandine-G. Why? Well for a start I chose the name based off a precious gemstone called Almandine Garnet, a stone which varied in colour from deep oranges to deep reds. It's super pretty, and I liked the word Almandine, so it became my choice. The G was pure luck that it matched Garnet, which made me happy cause it meant that part of my very first username is still living on to this day, even if it is just an initial.

And that is my name's (too long of a) story!

10. EchoSouls

EchoSouls Contributor

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.2
    I chose "EchoSouls" because I wanted a username that might put an image into someones head. I honestly don't know why I like my current username so much haha, I used to be SilverRiverCat or SilverChainedCat, but i wanted a name that sounded more mythical. I often think about potential usernames for different websites, so when i realized EchoSouls wasn't taken on this website, it's actually become my main username for everything.

11. MoonLightOwl25

MoonLightOwl25 PKMN Breeder

PokéPoints:
    ₽34.8
    I choose this name because owls are one of my favorite animals also they love the moon and staying up all night so that's why I choose the name

12. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    Dust is everywhere and we all make it. Someone called me Dusty after I leant them a keyboard and I liked it.

13. CGStryker

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.7
    C. and G. are my initials, and "Stryker" was the name of the first OC I made, when I was a kid.

14. Cay

Cay Ultralight Beam

PokéPoints:
    ₽72.0
    i chose it because thats what ppl call me and all my name changes were getting confusing lol

15. Reunilu

Reunilu Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽366.6
    I used to follow this artist whose last username went by riniuu. She doesn't have an account anymore because of art theft, but one of the last things I remember before she disappeared was that she changed her name to riniuu because "it sounded cute to her ears". Some time after she disappeared, I made an account on danbooru, but I wanted to disguise my identity. I don't remember why, but I remember that much. So I took the name of my favorite Pokémon, Reuniclus, and tried to imitate the cuteness of the name riniuu by taking out some of the consonants, and thus created the name "Reunilu". Ever since then, I've grown very fond of the name.

16. Shada

Shada netflix binging

(Taillow)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽252.7
    Repel ★Charizardite X ★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Galladite ★★★★Bottle Cap ★★★★★
    Azure is my favorite color, although I don't wear it often, and edge because i'm hella edgy or not
    (It's also my favorite arte in the Tales of Series, but that's besides the point.)

17. ~Nova~

~Nova~ Birby Friend

PokéPoints:
    ₽284.5
    Ah, my username history.

My first real username was PuffyPenguin54. I was eight, okay? (And penguins are cute)

Then, later, I changed my main username to XArceus942, 'cause I was still young and obsessed with Arceus at the time.

Then, I changed my FF username a few times before deciding on Lady Nova. The Lady part came from the feminie version of Lord, which I thought would make me sound powerful or something. The Nova part came from three places- one was one of my first OCs, and I wanted to honor her, and another came from NOVA, that science-y show on PBS. I used to watch it all the time when I was younger, because my dad always that kind of stuff. Also, honestly, Nova sounds cool.

Then I changed it to just Nova because I kind of outgrew the Lady part, and everyone was calling me that, anyway.

18. Cilan

Cilan Sailor

PokéPoints:
    ₽128.9
    I just want to be known as "Cilan" wherever I go in Pokémon communities, when I can get away with it.

19. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    I got it from Achroma, aka Colress when Black 2 & White 2 were coming out. Pieced together that Achroma was really Achromatic and there you have it. ;)

20. Clipsy Chan

Clipsy Chan School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.8
    I got my name from one of my OCs. He has amnesia and doesn't remember his real name, so he was given the name Eclipse by one of his friends; but most people call him Clipsy. I started using the name Clipsy Chan when I made my Twitter account (which I never use ^^; ), and it kinda stuck. Now I use it as my pen name, for my art and stuff.

If anyone's wondering, this is Eclipse: http://sta.sh/2rv60mes9yf?edit=1