1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

How did you decide on your username?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Morgaine, Sep 7, 2016.

1. JohtoChimes

Weatherly
    (Castform (Water))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37.0
    I chose mine because I wanted something different than I had used before, and something Pokémon related. Johto is my favorite region, and Chimes reminds me of playing Pokémon when I was little because of the beautiful Sprout and Bell tower theme music. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Reckless

Reckless Won't take the easy road

PokéPoints:
    ₽666.6
    Both of the users I've used on here come from old Bebo usernames I used to have back in the day, those being RecklessFire and RagingLeviathan. Former came from the opening theme of some anime I can't remember, whilst the latter I made up on the fly tbh.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    My username came from the fact that I practice karate xD That's basically all there is to it. I liked the movie reference so it became karatekid, but because that's taken on most sites, I added the 770

4. Thechaosmaster

Thechaosmaster Keeper of Chaos

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽14.9
    Potion ★Poké Ball ★
    I decided my name because I wanted to be unpredictable, did you guys know that Thechaosmaster was not my original user name, originally it was ng to be the master of chaos 18, or something like that but, the next day I changed it to Thechaosmaster, now why this name? Well, I enjoy the thoughts of chaos, to be unpredictable, and to follow chaos, so that is who I am, The Chaos Master.

5. FreezingDreamer

FreezingDreamer Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽28.8
    My username literally describes me!

I freeze often, even in summer and daydream a lot, to the point where teacher had to call me out several times.

6. MCOury1998

MCOury1998 Negaishipper

PokéPoints:
    ₽66.5
    MCOury1998 = First two initials (Mason Cypress), Last name (Oury). Birthyear (1998).

Pretty simple, and maybe not all that interesting. I came up with it a couple of years ago when making a personal blog/website for myself. And, what's below...I just had to... ;)

[3D='meloetta'] [3D='victini'] [3D='kyurem'] [3D='reshiram'] [3D='mew'] [3D='Ho-Oh']​

7. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    I'm very impressed with that there. I'm glad you found so much meaning in your username :)

Can you beat up my enemies when I'm too lazy?

@[member="Vegeta"] please update!!!

I chose my current username (Kouhai) a few years back after I dated a girl older than I. We met in Japanese class, and it was fitting. I'm planning to change my username soon, though, so stay tuned!

I'm very impressed with that there. I'm glad you found so much meaning in your username :)

8. Reckless

Reckless Won't take the easy road

PokéPoints:
    ₽666.6
    U-update? R-really? Erm...Well, for the moment I simply fancied a username change? There was no grand scheme behind it? All told tho I'm doing pretty well on here as far as name changes go. In some other places I had my name changed like 10 times before I settled on something I liked. I'm gonna change it back to either Leviathan or Reckless eventually, but I picked Vegeta for now cuz I really like Dragon Ball atm?

9. UnstoppableGamer

UnstoppableGamer Attention Seeker~

(Azelf)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,435.0
    Great Ball ★★Poké Ball ★Dome Fossil ★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★
    I actually jacked mine from a friend during middle school! XD

I was thirteen at the time, and he said he wanted to call himself UnknownGamer on Xbox Live. I decided to screw with him by calling myself UnstoppableGamer13. It just kinda stuck as UnstoppableGamer or UG13. :sweat:

10. Beffie

Beffie clear your cache

beautiful and perfect
    (Feebas)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,170.2
    Crown of ValorDawn Stone ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    WolfeyStar is just the name I use on every site. The name is just based on wolf, and I added the star part because it sounded nice. My name was originally going to be WolfyStar but that didn't look quite right so I added an E and done.

11. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    1) Read my username

2) You've figured it out.

My username is based off of the Skittles candy, which is heaven's candy. The box part came from memories of my 8th grade composition teacher giving me a big box of Skittles for being so great for the entire year. SkittleBox just sounded nice together, so that's what I go by!

12. ClefairyKid

ClefairyKid (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    Psychium Z ★★★★Poké Doll ★★Waterium Z ★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★
    I don't like it anymore but at the time I needed a nickname for the back of my high school jumper, and seeing as I had no natural nicknames I combined my real name with the name of a Pokémon (contrary to common assumption, it's not my favorite one, but it's a pretty ok one). The kid on the end is a refernece to constantly being mistaken for being much younger than I am (12 when I was 17, 17 when I'm 24 etc,) But I do want a better one if I can come up with one, since it's no good having a copyrighted and specific thing in a username.

13. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    My sister had this name originally but abandoned it and I swooped it up when we were children.

14. Owly

Owly Friend of the Eco, Foe of the System

Torako
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,981.7
    Long story.
    St.Owl, or variations of it (St Owl, StOwl, StOwl7, etc) is basically my constant username on most sites, so that didn't change here. I wasn't sure of the spaces-and-punctuation-marks rules for usernames, so I went on the safe side.
    I originally got my name in the old Pottermore days, when there was still a live chat. Many people often signed their posts with a nickname, and I wanted one, too. I based it off either my Animagus or Patronus (can't remember which), but in all the tests I took, I either got a stag or an owl. Being a very creative ten-year-old, I mashed them together and made up a beautiful new creature: the stowl.
    One catch: Pottermore had all these posting restrictions, and stowl wasn't a word, so I couldn't use it. It did allow st.owl, however. Gradually that morphed into St.Owl, which I remain to this day.
    (fun fact: I'm actually agnostic. The "st." part doesn't imply saint in any way. Although I still get called that, among many other things.)

15. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    That sounds so similar to me haha! You have a great username. ;3

I honestly took this name from someone else. Years ago I played a web game very similar to Pokémon that has since fallen completely inactive, and there was a user with the name Sheep there. It clicked instantly. I didn't think I'd stick with this name for too long but it quickly became my online identity and now I can't change my name.

16. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    My username here is the same as my username on Fanfiction.net. I have that username because I wanted to think something up quickly, so I named it after an angel from Supernatural called Samandriel. Even now, I'm not sure why. I haven't watched that show in years.

My other usernames pretty much everywhere are either RussetBramblePelt (because I used to really love Warriors and my warrior name was Bramblepelt and I found later that I couldn't change my username on certain sites and it's stuck that way) or PreRagnarok (because I'm a huge mythology nerd).

17. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    I just decided to use my oldest username for the upteenth time. No one else has ever used and I really like it so I thought hey, why not stick with it?

18. Kecleon

Kecleon Mod Crew

Ace Wings
    (Staravia)
    Level 53
    PokéPoints:
    ₽993.1
    Blue Orb ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    Okay, so it should be fairly obvious what my username is based off of. Kecleon is my favorite Pokémon, and 352 just happens to be its Pokédex number. I've just loved Kecleon everything since I first suddenly bumped into it in my Emerald game. (For those of you who don't know, Emerald had moving sprites, and Kecleon's sprite literally vanished when I battled it, which was mind boggling to a young kid seeing it for the first time.)

This love was only solidified when I discovered that Kecleon were the most powerful Pokémon in the PMD games. So, I decided I would name myself either Kecleon352 or KecleonFan if the first one isn't available.

19. Darcy

Darcy Strongest Blade in Valor

Eurydice
    (Brione)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,068.1
    Philosopher's CowlPsychium Z ★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Galladite ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    I've had a lot of different usernames over multiple sites, usually to do with whatever I am the most obsessed with at the time. For my current username, I wanted to do something Wonderland-themed but "QueenofWonderland" or "QueenofCrazy" or whatever was a bit too generic. Then I remembered one of the many titles of the goddess Nuit (a goddess in Thelema) was 'Our Lady of the Stars.' I thought it sounded nice, so I switched up the wording a bit and came up with 'OurLadyOfWonderland.'

20. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    Time to update!

I have had a huge number of names online. By huge, I mean that I'm known by at least 10 people under about 35 names that I can remember.

Fast forward through the long list of useless names and ones I got bored of to now, where my username is also my legal name. Figured this is a great placeholder at least until I come up with a name I may stick with more permanently online, but I don't really mind being called Greyson online anymore, so have at it :)