1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

How did you decide on your username?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Morgaine, Sep 7, 2016.

1. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Duo Maxwell, of Gundam Wing, is one of my favourite anime characters, and his nickname is "Shinigami".

When I went to make my name on GameFAQs, however, "ShinigamiMaxwell" is too long, so I had to come up with something a bit shorter. At the same time Wing was airing, Inuyasha was airing and was pretty popular (despite actually being older than most of the anime being shown on Toonami at the time). One of the characters on it is named "Miroku" and is one of the stronger characters in the show (especially since the creator had no choice but to gimp him by creating poisonous bees for the bad guy - Naraku - to control and ward the houshi off) due to his "Wind Tunnel" (what is basically a slowly-expanding black hole in the palm of his right hand). Truly a 'death god' for those who are unprepared. So, "ShinigamiMiroku" was born. Sadly, only the Youtuber "Gaijin Goombah" has pronounced it correctly on the first try... XD

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I changed my name, not so recently, to MarineAurora. I wanted to get rid if the assonance in my username and decided to pay tribute to my love for the sea and included another shade if blue, Marine.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    Okay so somehow I've never posted here :D I made up my username on the spot when joining LV and liked it enough to use it in multiple other places since. I don't remember why I wanted to have Luxray in my name, but I liked it a lot at the time and obviously thought luxury was the perfect complimentary word (even though some people Cad thought my name was luxrayluxray...smh). I prefer to be called Lux these days, but I still like my username.

4. Starlistic

Castle
    (Shellder)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽39.5
    The username starlightisms got too clunky for my liking, and "star" + suffix "-listic" essentially had a similar effect, so here I am! I've been throwing this username all over the place recently.

5. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Awney is me. It was a nickname I got a long time ago and I just kept the name even tho no one calls me that irl anymore

6. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I'm a big fan of alliteration, and I figured, "Hey, why not, let's try doing something with J, not a lot of people use J in alliteration!" I chose jukebox due to my love of 80's music, and Jukain because it's been my favorite Pokémon for years (Sceptile in English)

7. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    Vigilance cause I see everything... :P It's something I came across once somewhere at sometime that intrigued me.

8. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,650.4
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    Mine is Goomy + woomy
    Goomy for, y'know, the Pokémon and woomy is a Splatoon meme ;-)

9. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    SyWry came from one of my unfinished fanfictions. He was an assassin and the main character in a world much like Black lagoon. I never finished the series (I didn't even post it) but I liked the name so much that I decided to keep it as my username. The name itself was supposed to be exotic in look and sound.

10. Crest

Crest Hex Maniac

Tirion
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽198.0
    The username I signed up with was Tororo, after one of my favorite characters of the same name from the anime Sgt. Frog/Keroro Gunsou.
    When I went to request the change, though, I was actually torn between "Crest" and "Crush" (both names I had been considering for one of my OCs) for a while. The rest is history, though I did end up picking Crush for the character's name after all.

11. Furie

Furie Black Belt

Slagros
    (Umbreon)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽60.9
    I got mine from a book I really like called Imajica by Cliver Barker. John "Furie" Zacharias and Judith (another name I go by on other forums) are the two main characters. I love their complex relationship so I usually choose one of their names as my user name.

12. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    Well, I honestly couldn't think of any good or original usernames. I sat on it for a while before I was like, "why not just make my username my favorite music genre?" and thus, I became vaporwave.

13. kindred

kindred Collector

friend
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽205.8
    i think i chose my username 'cause i just really like the word kindred and the definition of it. it's the username i signed up with and i haven't changed it once haha.

14. Auric

Auric Platinum Addict

Another one!!??!
    (Azelf)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽35.6
    Black Glasses ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Soda Pop ★Oran Berry ★★
    *The Torian part of my name i got from my nickname in Diablo 3, which is one of my favorite games
    even though i suck at it too bad i can't play it anymore.
    *The reason i chose 680 is because.. well, i don't really know.

15. DeleteAbsol

DeleteAbsol Absol-utely Bad

Pichu
    (Pichu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20.9
    Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    Delete... that name came from me playing one of those generic rpg's on facebook a while back. While it was generic it was still fun to get online and talk to other people and do stuff together in a guild. My friend CAPS LOCK started the trend. Before I knew it our leader was named control and our best player was named Alt. To prevent someone else from taking it, and because my friend wanted me to take it, I ended up changing my name (which was my real name, which also started with a D... kinda fitting honestly) to Delete.
    Absol... one of my favorite Pokémon since the days of me playing Blue Mystery Dungeon... I loved that he comes out of nowhere to help you with your quest, with no real benefit of his own.
    I need a username one day for something and Delete was already taken... so I just ended up putting the two together... and that was how DeleteAbsol was born ^_^

16. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    "Wolf Expert" comes from an old art site I used to be on before it died. I was (and still kind of am) obsessed with wolves at that age, along with fantasy stories, so I always tried to make my username for any site I joined something like "mystic wolf" or "fantasy wolf", pretty much anything that sounded magical and pretty to me at the time. Although now I cringed when I typed those out. When I joined that site, every name I tried was taken and I hate putting numbers at the end of my name, so I just kind of picked Wolf Expert because I couldn't think of anything else. Yep. It was my last choice for a username. But it stuck.

I started uploading my fanfic on there, but then the site went down for a while so I started uploading it on fanfiction instead, where I kept the same name just so people could find me okay. I sort of moved to DeviantArt and kept Wolf Expert there for the same reason (spelled Wolf-Expert I think, it's been a while since I was on). The person who told me about Lake Valor messaged me on fanfiction, so I thought it would make sense to keep the name when I moved here.

If anyone's curious since I kind of have a Riolu aesthetic going on right now, yes I'm aware that Riolu/Lucario are jackals, not wolves.

17. Nyanja

Nyanja › The fairy king ›

BEN!
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽217.4
    Crown of Valor
    How did I get my beautiful name you say?

Well it's rather simple really. All I did was put nyan because a cat goes 'nyan' then I put 'ja' at the end to make them a cat ninja and BAM Nyanja was formed! That my friend is how I ended up with the name Nyanja and it's one of my favorite usernames!