1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

How did you find LV?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Junkrat, May 18, 2018.

1. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    I know a lot of people came from zformtapu on Fanfiction, but some of us found LV through other means. So what brought you to the site? Or, who?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Jupjami likes this.
  2. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Someone on the LV deviantart account messaged me!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    One day, many many many moons ago, I was doing a search for either the word "Lake" or "Valor" for some other context online, and in my browsing history appeared "lakevalor.net" or some specific thread therein. I didn't ever remember visiting such a place. "Lake Valor, isn't that the place in Sinnoh?" I decided to click to refresh myself of why it was in my history, and as I remember, I didn't remember even then why it was there. But I looked around the site and figured that it had been a while since I was part of a thriving Pokémon forum, and so I joined!

4. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    I feel like this is a very fitting thread to make my 1000th post, woo!

While I'm in the majority of fanfic writers that notified of this place by zformtapu, I don't really count that as my first time "finding" Lake Valor. It was actually a little over two years ago, when I saw my sister sign up for a site: this site, albeit older because it was in 2016. I only have a fleeting image of someone welcoming her and noting her love for Water Types...

A year later, zformtapu reached out to me on ff.net and told me about the site. And somehow, someway, this was the site I remembered from those aforementioned fleeting images, only by reading the name. At this point Serebii's forums were becoming quite polarizing for me (I hung out in the Pokémon anime section where HUGE debates would break out at times) so it was that fading memory of that one member being so nice to my sister that finally brought me to sign up.

So I don't chalk it up to that mysterious ff.net user, but rather my sister and that kind soul who noticed she loved Water Types. Whoever that person is needs a high five.

5. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    I think I found it via a friends link on tumblr.

6. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,620.6
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    I was doing I-have-no-idea-what on deviantart and came across this comment. I wanted to check it out because I was curious about what that Lake Valor could be. It seemed nice, but I couldn't sign up at the moment, so I kept the url, but when I came back ready to do it, it was under maintenance! And it happened to be one that apparently lasted longer than it should've, but I waited (and I'm glad I did!)

7. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    I was messaged on DeviantArt years ago. It was wayyyyy back in 2014. I checked the site out, but I don't remember much aside from the fact that the background was black back then. Socializing wasn't really my cup of tea back then, so I didn't join. I officially joined LV on May 16, 2016 after seeing the message from 2014 again. i like reading stuff when im bored plz dont judge

A funny thing is that I was messaged by the Lake Valor account in DA on June 27, 2016, officially a month after I joined LV.

#7 May 19, 2018
    Last edited: May 19, 2018
  8. Scrapz

Scrapz Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽37.0
    a nicked aerodactyl through wondertrade

Vigilance likes this.
  9. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,644.3
    I was invited by someone on FanFiction.net, though it wasn't this "zformtapu" that people keep mentioning. I've never actually heard from that user. The person who invited me had the username "Katkinz20" and while I never found out who on here that is, I am extremely grateful to them.

10. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,620.6
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    So you came from WTW! What was the Aerodactyl's OT?

11. Pory-ZPlayz

Pory-ZPlayz Your Friendly Neighborhood Glitch

Iceon
    (Eevee (S))
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽158.5
    Exp. Share ★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I looked up custom Pokémon trainers and this site came up.

12. Riddles

Riddles Extra Spooky

Grimm
    (Duskull)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,645.4
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Vigilance told me about it after he saw some of my art that I posted on /r/Pokémon's Discord.

Vigilance likes this.
  13. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    Ah, leave it to Vig to bring a new member here. Regardless, glad you like the site enough to stay!

Vigilance and Riddles like this.
  14. Pokémist

Pokémist Trashcan

smol heart
    (Luvdisc)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,860.3
    Tapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I was reached by Azure(which now changed their name here) , a very old resident of LV on Fanfiction. I visited the site 2-3 days after and decided to make an account. I am glad they invited me, I am more than happy to be here.

15. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I first heard about Lake Valor when I was on deviantArt years ago. I think it was through Deltheor (apologies is I spelt that wrong), since I'm pretty sure I followed them at some point. Anyway I had a bit of a look around site and left. I didn't feel like making an account at the time.
    Fast forward 5 or so years and I was searching for another forum to be a part of, and then I remembered the existence of Lake Valor. So I searched it up and joined.

16. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    i honestly don't even remember
    ben showed me years ago when we first talked but I already had an account by then, pretty sure i dug it out by googling 'Pokémon forum' as i used to do often back in the day...haha

17. Barandofl

Barandofl The eyeless user

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,471.2
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    I honestly have no idea who this 'zformtapu' is. I was invited by someone on FF named 'Katkinz20'.

18. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    Fanfiction, yes. I got a PM by this Katkinz20 about joining LV.

19. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    It wasn't Tapu, but someone on fanfiction did suggest LV to me. I was told by some people that no one knew who it was, and by other people that it was Vig, so I still don't really know who it was for sure.

20. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    oh man it's been so long that i don't even remember now... i think Janna/Sheep told me about it way back when as a forum that she also frequented in addition to PC, so I decided to check it out and sign up. I ended up only posting a few times before disppearing for years though because I couldn't handle multiple forums at a time rip (at the time, anyway).

recently though vig/janna dragged my ass back from PC to LV though and the rest is the history as they say