1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

How did you find LV?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Junkrat, May 18, 2018.

1. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    I was on serebiiforums doing bankball collecting. One day I got a message from a recently banned user to come and join. I followed the message in hopes of expanding my collection and instead found the wonderful community we have here. I doubt I ever would have found this place had it not been for that mysterious message.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. PokemonMozzy

Flamey
    (Charmander)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽154.5
    Water Stone ★★★
    I found it from a person who recommended i play this in devintart

3. Smarty_Pants001

Eevee
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽780.4
    I found it through fanfiction. Someone named "alolanfriend" PM'd me about it, and I figured I might as well try it. I have no idea who they are on here, though.

4. Otter Mii-kun

PokéPoints:
    ₽0.0
    I came upon this site via an affiliate link on a now-defunct Pokémon forum (Ever Grande City) that some other members of this place's userbase came from.

5. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    Somebody commented on my pokémon story on fanfiction.net and suggested that I give Lake Valor a try. I must say, I'm really enjoying myself here.

Vigilance likes this.
  6. Thundawave

Mythical Egg
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽132.8
    I was relatively close to Scrafty back when she was an admin here, so I heard the name mentioned a lot. However, it took me a while to join or even get remotely active (Vig reminded me of this place's existence earlier this year).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Vigilance likes this.
  7. Shayminlover123

Aria
    (Sneasel)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽724.4
    One of the mods messaged me back when I was active on DA 5 years ago. I'm glad I got introduced to such a community. This is one of the few forms I'm still somewhat active on.

8. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    Glad to hear your guys' stories! lots of different origins but we all love Pokémon! :love:

9. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I was messaged by someone who had seen my fics on Fanfiction.net. Ironically, I've hardly posted any fanfics on this site since I joined... ^^'

10. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I met a masked Achromatic on Omegle back in 2014. He was streaming. I skipped him after a few minutes, then someone who was watching the stream found me and linked the stream to me. And the rest is history.
    [​IMG]

11. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,229.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    When the Azurilland forums were shifting to a new website called Marriland, there was a shift from the glitchy “curse” forum software to “XenForo.” I asked Thundawave, an admin (and a former member of this website) if this new software worked on mobile. She said yes and mentioned Lake Valor as an example. I was immediately impressed by how friendly and tight-knit this community is. So impressed in fact, I joined an hour later.

12. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,003.8
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    So my friend on Wattpad told me about LV and I joined that morning. I just made the account and didn’t do anything with it. It wasn’t until mid September of last year that I got a PM on Wattpad from zformtapu saying to join LV, to which I responded that I already had an account. So my friend was why I joined and zformtapu was why I came back.

13. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,990.4
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    Odd... I also joined because of the same user "zformtapu". They said they'd prefer to keep their identity on LV secret, so I'll respect that, but I'm really curious as to who that is...

14. Arctiquaza

Arctiquaza Never quite gone

Honor
    (Gallade)
    Level 32
    PokéPoints:
    ₽934.0
    Sail Fossil ★★★
    I also got here through a ff pm, but not zformtapu. It was actually a different user named alolanfriend!

15. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    I could have sworn I already posted in a thread like this. I came here from a PM by alolanfriend in fanfiction. I originally only saw the site as an avenue to promote my fanfiction since fanfic is over-saturated and hard to get recognition. I'm not the guy to do social media at all and I'm a rather inward person not wanting to talk about things (hence my few posts despite my age and activity) so at first, all I did was post my fanfiction. Over time I got invested in talking with other writers in the creative commons and really connected with sharing my ideas in the forum. I only expanded my horizons from there.

16. LassusVulpes

LassusVulpes Eclipse Holder

THE BIGGEST FLEX
    (Giratina (Origin))
    Level 55
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,827.6
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    I got here from my older brother Ryex (Not his real name) a long time ago. If you remember 2/24/2020 I made a long ass post about this stuff.

17. Geroniny

Geroniny The Spacecraft Of Miracle

Azure
    (Kyogre)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽771.9
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Blue Orb ★★★★★Charizardite X ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    I Was Brought Here By A Former Staff Here With A Note On Deviantart.

18. Jupjami

Jupjami Thy friendly neighbourhood birb shaman

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,572.7
    Leaf Stone ★★★Dragon Scale ★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I was also invited by zformtapu~ But at first I didn't bother checking it out; I ignored it and went my merry way... Then after a while I got bored and said, 'why not~?' So here I am~

19. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,357.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    As for myself, there was this fanfict on Instagram titled "White as Bone" (iirc). I followed it for quite some time before the author gave a link to the fanfict here in LV for his (or their? I forgot, really :sweat:) followers. That was the first time I came to know LV, though I left after a long time of no updates on White as Bone.

As for why I came back, it's actually thanks to Neb talking about him becoming a mod here in a Discord server. So curiosity kicked in, then got the best of me, and here I am.

Jeydis likes this.
  20. Sethal

Sethal Vibing to OST

Aurile
    (Alolan Vulpix)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,428.1
    Comet Shard ★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Thunder Stone ★★★