1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

How did you find LV?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Junkrat, May 18, 2018.

1. Captain Comet

Captain Comet Fallen Star Baby

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,549.0
    Basic Gary Oak ★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Jaw Fossil ★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Wow surprised I never posted here.

I've told this story before but only in Discord and fairly condensed. Buckle in because it's a doozy.

My journey starts when I was maybe 14 or 15 or so. I had an account on FanFiction because an irl friend brought me to it. One day, I was invited to a forum on there with a few other people. There weren't many as it was just recently made, however most of the small group there seemed to either know each other irl or at the very least were all on a forum previously that died and made this one instead.

So this was just an RP forum that was pretty much just kinds being dumb. But at some point (I don't remember when) a certain member joined. I won't say her name as she is now banned, but we'll call her Azi as a placeholder. She was fairly active here, but nobody else knew of this yet.

She was there for a while, and some arguments started happening. Mainly involving me because I use to have a pretty bad temper. A few (which did not involve me any more than anyone else) got really bad, and the forum ended up essentially being deleted and remade several times, by varying people. Sometimes it was someone from that OG group, sometimes it was Azi, I think once or twice it was even me.

Anyway, at some point, Azi eventually invited one of her irl friends that was also on here. He is also banned now (for different reasons) so we will call him Duke.

Basically, Duke was a major asshole. He loved to just be a dick for no reason, specifically to me because of my temper. The worst part of this was, Azi (who was typically the admin if these forums at this point) always sided with him, saying it was my fault that I let myself get pissed off at him, even though he was clearly in the wrong for blatantly pushing my buttons on purpose.

Most of these argument didn't amount to much. We continued RPing with various stuff. It was a Pokémon forum so we mainly did Pokémon-related stuff. At some point we decided to make a Discord server. That did not turn out well for me as all I had at the time was a laptop that didn't like to load Discord and a school-owned iPad I couldn't download the app on (the site wouldn't load there either.

Anyway, this ended up just being a separate place for the same shit. Arguments broke out a lot. Yada yada yada. But at some point, at a time when Azi and this other person on there hated me, she mentioned this thing called LV. I had missed the actual conversation about what LV was, and got mad because she refused to tell me.

During this, Duke, of all people, PMed me and told me what it was, offering to take me there kind of in secret. I know I just made it sound like I hated this guy's guts, and I usually did, but there were other times where I just wanted to be friends. This was one of those times.

So, he brought me to LV, and we agreed I would use a different name so Azi and this other guy didn't know who I was. And so for some reason I chose Weavile Sly as my name. Don't remember why, I think at the time I just really liked Weavile.

Anyway, I went on as him for a few weeks or so. Then I decide to tell Azi that Weavile Sly was me.

And she already knew. Apparently she caught to the way I acted and figured it out.

That was about 2016. I was active for a bit, then disappeared for a while. I still kept the home page as one of my startup pages on my browser, but rarely ever actually did anything. Occasionally I would get on a bit of a kick and participate in an event or RP or something, but those never really lasted.

Skip ahead to about the latter half of 2018, and I found the Discord server and started becoming super active there. By this point that forum group on FF was completely dead.

Smash definitely helped get me active on here, as a few of us started playing 3DS a lot in anticipation for Ultimate. It was mainly me, Vaquero (who was named Arod at this point) and DemonicKraken (who was Squidy822 or something at that point and has since left the forum).

This was a fun group minus the fact that that old temper came back a slight bit. I would just get pissed off at being bad at the game compared to Vaquero, and it would get out of control at points. This eventually led to me being banned for a month in early 2019.

During the time that I was banned, I ended up (by complete coincidence) having some realizations about who I was and who I wanted to be. The forefront of all of this was me realizing I might be transgender, but also I closed a bit if reflective emotional stuff about myself.

Basically, by the time my ban was over, I was a completely different person, and that is who I am now. And I'm glad for it. So I'll also use this time to thank everyone who suffered through my rage and are friends with me now.

Yeah I know I went a bit past just when I First got here, but I felt it was important. When I got back after the ban I even made an entirely new introduction thread of myself. So I'm going to pull a technicality and say that was me joining the forum a second time. I talk a lot deal with it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Katanaeyegaming

Katanaeyegaming #FEARTHEWYVERN

Darklit
    (Liepard)
    Level 44
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,810.3
    Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    Well it is certainly a complicated one so have a seat and get some popcorn.

It all started back in late January 2013 when a close writing associate(who I also happen to now work for) told me that he had heard about this cool new Pokémon forum that had only been out for a few months called Lake Valor. At the time I told him I'd check it out but things involving the two of us writing and some very shitty circumstances with the living situation we were at during this timeframe caused me and my family to move to Kansas(where I still live to this day).

Fast forward to November 2014 where I registered for Pokémon Showdown after learning there was an online battle simulator for Pokémon. I messed around with it until about a month later where I found out that Lake Valor was hosting a server of Pokémon Showdown where I recognize a few faces from the thread from due to me being fairly active there on the old server Frost and the official showdown server.

Around February 2015 I had heard rumors for a while that the showdown server was going to be closing(when it did IDK but it did eventually close) But I had registered to the site. Although I was not active really I did lurk plenty of times during 2015 2016 and throughout most of 2017. I didn't come back after that choosing to have the account remain dormant for whatever purpose I'm still not sure but I did get emails of the summer scramble events.

I saw what time of year it was and well I came back in 2021 and will most likely remain here for the time to come.

3. NyxieRina

Cryptid
    (Urufuman)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽460.0
    GS Ball ★★★★★Oran Berry ★★
    How did I find Lake Valor?

Well it must have been around 2018-2019. I was browsing through DeviantArt on an old account when I randomly came across a Lake Valor group. I dont remember if I found it through someone wanting to put my art into it, me looking for more DA-Discord RP groups to join or just through randomly browsing. I cant remember the details anymore. All I know was that I was curious and excited to see a Pokémon focused forum and quickly joined.

I was fairly active for a while. I played lots of games in the Game Corner, posted my art, set up a shop and even messed around in Discord for a while. Then I couldnt keep up anymore. Whether it was from the stress of being a high school student catching up, me getting overwhelmed with all the groups I had joined or some other pressure I dont know. Either way I decided I needed to cut off one thing from my priorities and that thing ended up being Lake Valor. I left the discord server and site in 2019, still with a commission in my shop and some doubts if that was the right decision.

Two years later in 2021 I was bored and wanted to find sonething else to distract me and fill my time. I didnt want it to be a high commitment thing since I was in college now, just something to keep me entertained. Then randomly, I remembered the RP Institute here that I never got a chance to join. I remembered some memories I had of this place and decided I'd come back. Not even a day later ans I sat back with my new impulsively made account in LV. Which brings us here today.

Im not sure how active I'll ramin on this site. Ill probably end up pettering out in activity later on, but for now Im here and ready to have fun

4. Dwight

Dwight School Kid

Red Boi
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 4
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1.9
    I was Google searching some trade opportunities for BDSP and foud LV

5. Skdebop

Arcoos
    (Arceus)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽71.5
    Trying to find the combination for the shapes puzzle in Pokémon ultra moon

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. RWBY Gaster

Root Seed
    (Root Seed)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽489.0
    King's Rock ★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    For me, it is through a fanfiction website called wattpad. In 2018, I was working on a fanfiction about RWBY and Pokémon. I made a setting where RWBY characters somehow able to obtain copies of Pokémon Sun and Moon, or other 3DS main series cause I don't really remember, and zformtapu invited me join Lake Valor. But, sadly, due to reasons I don't want to talk about, the original fan fic has been deleted by me. And I am not sure if zformtapu left LV or not, or just super inactive