1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

How do you feel overall about the Let's Go! games?

Discussion in 'Switch Pokémon Games' started by AutumnsDusk, Oct 13, 2018.

1. AutumnsDusk

Fennekin
    (Fennekin)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Is there anything that sells it for you in particular, or something that made you not want to get it? Which version are you getting, or are you getting it at all?

2. Aalacer

Moonwalk
    (Lunatone)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽484.7
    Its core premise, to remake Yellow, sounds good at first, but all Go elements and connectivity that they implemented and the minor competitive aspects of the game made me realize that these games weren't for me at all.

If I had to choose between both versions I would pick Eevee, tho.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    AutumnsDusk likes this.
  3. Talarc

Talarc Swimmer

Muro
    (Whismur)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽935.8
    Aside from the excitement of revisiting Kanto again, there's nothing that really leaps out at me in Let's Go. I'm interested to see how well the new capture mechanics work out. Since I'm not a competitive player, it doesn't really bother me what the competitive scene is like.

My main problem is that I don't have a Switch and since I'm moving abroad in December, it doesn't seem like a good time to get one. I guess that means I can just watch other people play it and make up my mind later.

Currently leaning towards Eevee, but I still haven't decided.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    AutumnsDusk likes this.
  4. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    I am very glad that they capitulated and included proper controls. I will NOT be forced into using rubbish motion controls of any sort - they're not fun, they never work as intended, and they are nowhere near as intuitive or enjoyable as just pressing a button. So that you don't HAVE to use them in handheld mode (which is the only way I play my Switch) is actually a deal breaker for me. The games could be the best ones since Gen IV and as long as you couldn't use proper controls I wouldn't even look at them. Now, I will probably buy Pikachu and give it a try, just to see how it is.

I haven't been keeping up with the news and features, but I don't think I really need to...it's Kanto again. I've played through Kanto more times than I care to count.

AutumnsDusk likes this.
  5. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    Positive. The graphics are immersive and stunning, and I absolutely adore both Pikachu and Eevee as Pokémon. Been excited for these titles since initial information was leaked, meanwhile many people I know (including the boyfriend) aren't too enthused haha. 3: But I really want to revisit Kanto on the Switch, regardless of how 'simplified' these versions are!

6. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I'm really looking forward to seeing how all of these new mechanics work out. I probably will get the game, partly to satisfy my own curiosity, but mostly because it looks like fun. When I do get the game, it will probably be Let's Go Pikachu. If I can't evolve my starter Pokémon, I would like to have an electric type over a normal type. And if I can evolve my starter, I like Raichu better than the Eeveevolutions. Besides, I've heard that Growlithe will be available in Let's Go Pikachu, and I really love Arcanine.

7. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,338.0
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    Maybe. I already have a lot going on in my life, and I'm happy with what I already have, so I probably won't get the titles. Besides, it's just Kanto and Pokémon Go, one of which doesn't interest me and the other of which I have.

8. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,010.7
    Overall I like what I've seen so far. The only things that I really don't like are the Go style gameplay and the new rival. I won't be getting it when they come out, but if I do get Let's Go eventually I'll go with Pikachu because I like Pikachu more than Eevee.

9. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    There is nothing really pulling me to these games, if I end up getting a copy it will be Eevee, I have developed a dislike of Pikachu, but I am a bit meh overal on PLGPE