1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

How do you play your Switch?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Dawn, Aug 10, 2018.

?

How do you play your Switch the majority of the time?

1. Docked

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Handheld

7 vote(s)
    70.0%
  3. Both equally

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    It has been suggested that it's a 50-50 split between players who play their Switch docked and those who play in handheld mode, but how do you play yours most of the time, and why?

I've played my Switch docked exactly three times - twice for those two godawful gyroscopic puzzle shrines in Breath of the Wild (I needed my classic controller for tilting) and once for Xenoblade Chronicles 2 because I wanted to compare the experience.

It's unlikely I will play it docked again because I love the handheld convenience of it. I grew up with handhelds and I have my PS4 for console gaming. Using it as a handheld is actually the main (read: only) reason I bought a Switch in the first place.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,650.4
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    I never use it docked either. It's just so much better when you can choose where you want to play! Plus you can use headphones/be more alone when you play whereas with a TV people can just come and watch you. I'm way too used to handheld for gyrosopic cameras like in Splatoon anyway. Moving just the joycon would feel super weird.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Poffin

Poffin King of Destruction

Alolan Meowth
    (Alolan Meowth)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,384.2
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I play every single game in my Switch library handheld mode except for Splatoon 2. I'm used to playing it on a TV from the original game, and I use my Pro Controller (Splatoon color!) and it's perfect. Though when I play the minigame Squid Beatz 2 I change to handheld and plug in some headphones.

4. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,937.8
    Handheld mode--I have a lot of TV loving friends and family, so I'd rather not fight them for the TV. In handheld mode, they get to watch their shows, and I can play Mario in peace.

5. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,943.7
    I primarily play it in handheld mode, but that has more to do with the fact that the TV in my room doesn't have a working HDMI plugin and I can't really use the TV in the living room if one of my parents is already using it. I actually prefer playing in docked mode, but it's just not always an option.

6. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    I don't have one yet, but when I do it'll definitely be handheld. My TV screen is old and absolutely awful, plus it's a lot more comfortable for me to hold it in my hands. The reason I don't have a Playstation or Xbox is because I'm not a fan of playing on a big screen. ='(

7. TripleAAABattery

TripleAAABattery Look at my fluff! LOOK AT IT

Gottem
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 45
    PokéPoints:
    ₽991.0
    I do it both ways. I would usually take it to work with me, and then when I get home I'd dock it to let it charge and to play on my tv. When I'm done with it for the night, it'll be ready for me next day to take to work .u.

8. Nova Ozuka

Nova Ozuka Hex Maniac

Joy
    (Togepi)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.3
    I used to only play handheld, but that was only because I didn't have an HD TV yet. Now I usually play it docked because I have only 1 Joycon that works properly.

9. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    The low battery life and joycon drift have made me gravitate more towards docked mode with a pro controller. I do still have a portable case for when I want to play a game on the go. It’s just not used that frequently.

10. Katanaeyegaming

Katanaeyegaming #FEARTHEWYVERN

Darklit
    (Liepard)
    Level 44
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,810.3
    Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    Docked though I do play handheld when I go out and want a fix of whatever game.