1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

How do you replay your games?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Eclipse, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    ...this is assuming that you replay them at all, which I could be totally wrong about.

In any case, playing a game for the first time is almost always a fresh new experience, but what about the second time? Or the third time? Or any number of times after that?
    Do you just tend to replay them over and over again, or do you just say that once is done and you retain the memories from that - or just build up your save file even bigger and bigger?

Or, weirder still, do you build up your save file to be the biggest it can be, only to destroy it later in the end?

::::

In my case it depends largely on the genre of the game, as well as the time it takes to complete, and if there are rewards waiting for me the further I progress through a game. RPGs I am less likely to replay because there will be rewards for me later - unless the game doesn't have a very long total play time, in which case I'll get to the end - which won't take long, right? - and do it all over again later.
    Then again, I think Golden Sun is the only RPG that's short enough to do that with. I've been tempted to do that with Etrian Odyssey games lately, even though they're pretty long, because the journey to the end is rather pretty, and due to the class system, there are many different ways to play through it.

Visual novels I have to restart often due to their very nature; they're basically interactive stories, so you can't really just leave it at the end. And then you have games like Mario Party that don't really have a set start and finish, which I don't start over, because there's no real point to it.

::::

And what about the rest of you? How do you 'replay'?

2. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Philosopher's CowlReaper Cloth ★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Great Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    I always try to do challenges, for example when I replayed Mass Effect I was only allowed to use singularity and my team had to do the damage, or for Pokémon I have all the different nuzlockes I can do.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Anubis the Lucario

Robert
    (Nidorino)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽44.7
    Crown of Valor
    I normally don't replay games at all, unless it's a game I really like or an ongoing game like GTA 5's online mode.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    It all depends on the genre for me. For instance, I replay Pokémon games for Nuzlocke challenges, but only after successfully porting all of my best Pokémon to another game or the Pokémon Bank. If it's a game with multiple endings or routes, I replay them strictly to play through those routes and stop after that (Undertale is the only exception to this). Any other game that I love beyond measure I only ever replay at least once before I get bored.

5. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,729.6
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Depends on the game really but usually is do a 100% run/unlock secret ending stuff for none pokémon games or if is pokémon I just do challenge runs in them like nuzlocke.

6. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    I'm a completionist, so I like to look for all the hidden secrets and rare items that can be found.

Which is a nightmare in KotOR1 + 2. >_>;

7. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Philosopher's CowlReaper Cloth ★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Great Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    TELL ME ABOUT IT! It's even worse when you're close and you game corrupts ._. I mean, an excuse to play Kotor again but still

8. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    If I like a game, I will replay it obsessively. If there's Easter eggs and such, I will hunt until I find them. But mostly, I like playing games with challenges, like Nuzlockes, or only using the team a Yuotuber has used, or things like that.
    #MissingNo

9. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    I actually haven't had a corrupted save... yet. Does that only happen on the XBox version? But yeah, that'd be super-annoying to get a really good armour, only to have to replay and hope you pick it up out of a crate or find it in a shop. >_<

10. Barandofl

Barandofl The eyeless user

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    Im a simple person, I just try to beat the game with a better score than my first run.

11. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    PC, i got hit by a virus the messed up a load of my files, rip game

12. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Oh God... that happened to my first laptop. *headdesk* I've learned a lot since then about computers (even had a job for awhile fixing them).

I remember when my copy of Crystal lost its internal battery power... that was a sad day. ;_;

Getus likes this.
  13. HeroofFire101

HeroofFire101 Stirlingite

Ember
    (Quilava)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,343.6
    For Zelda, I replay it for the story, especially Twilight Princess. It's so good in my opinion, and with the rerelease of it made it even better, even with the less twilit insects in the beginning of the game (It still had the creepy ass bug at the end though). I love everything about Twilight Princess, even the music. It's just so atmospheric and intense at times, I love it. (Even though it's apparently a T rated game, and I played it when I was 8-9 years old)

14. Hikari

Hikari Poké Maniac

Ryu
    (Trapinch)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽450.7
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Of the few games I do replay, I try to take a different route than before, or at least do things differently. Whether it's actually being prepared or giving myself a challenge, I can have some in with a replay. Sometimes I just make a new character and do the same thing as before because I haven't played the game in forever, lol

15. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    I like to try different routes if that's a possibility in the game! If not I like to enjoy the scenery more. Just travel around looking!

16. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    I just usually replay the game as is. Sometimes I tend to look deeper into the games (like the scenery and going in depth on the music and why it fits with the stage much to my sister's dismay). Other than that, it's just like my first playthrough.

17. BaroqueGrimoire

BaroqueGrimoire The Aureate Sorcerer

Nouveau
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽308.1
    Blue Orb ★★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    How do I replay my games... Good question! In terms of Pokémon, it'd often be a completion run of sorts, collecting whatever is available and completing the Pokédex as much as I can. That would mostly include the acquisition of version exclusives from the other game of the Generation-specific duo.

As for other games... Hmmmm I suppose the same goes for those as well; I mean, I completed Kingdom Hearts II, and when I replayed it on the Final Mix version, I primarily focussed on getting that Ultima Weapon. *_*

18. Captain Comet

Captain Comet Fallen Star Baby

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,587.7
    Basic Gary Oak ★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Jaw Fossil ★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I only replay games I like that don't take too long to complete. There are exceptions to this though, like if I really just want to experience the story again I will replay it even if it's kind of long.

I don't have really any games with multiple routes/endings. I do love Telltale games, but I would never replay that as I feel like "These are the choices I made, and this is how the game was for me" and if I replay it it will sort of ruin that experience.

19. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I tend to get really excited and rush through the first time, so any playthroughs I do after that are more methodical since I know how the game works and I go for more of a completionist playthrough.

20. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    It depends on the game, but mostly if I don't remember much about the game I delete my previous save file and start it fresh so it's like a new game again. With Pokémon games I look through my PC boxes before deleting the save file just in case there are any potential Pokémon I want to transfer to a version I still play like Moon.