1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

How do you visualize your art?

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by awney, Sep 30, 2018.

1. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Do you have a clear image of what you want to make before you put it on paper? Or is it more like blobs in your mind and then once you start drawing you get a clear picture?

I very much never have a clear idea of what I want before I make it. So usually its just blobs.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Riddles

Riddles Extra Spooky

Grimm
    (Duskull)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,645.4
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I'll typically have a basic pose in mind, and maybe a couple of other little things. Other than that, though, I have no idea what it'll look like until I've actually drawn it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Ah Same. My end result is always way different than how I pictured it in my head

4. Beffie

Beffie clear your cache

beautiful and perfect
    (Feebas)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,170.2
    Crown of ValorDawn Stone ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    i visualize my art as being good until i hit the new canvas button

i guess i kinda have an image of what i want it to be?? im able to see all the expressions and poses in my mind and it looks so nice but i dont think this is very good for people to do because you end up getting disappointed in the final product because it looks nothing like that original concept...... so i guess its better to visualize simple so you dont get let down lol

5. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    i guess it depends on how the artist feels about their own art.

6. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I have some ideas in mind, like with my Zanpakuto spirit. I had the outfit, and the general colors in mind, but I left the rest till the moment I was actually starting the drawing.

Sometimes it doesn't really work out, but other times I am so pleasantly surprised! Like with my Teddiursa. That is one of the drawings I am the proudest of up to date. But I was imagining something totally not what the results were~

7. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,794.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I don't do it a whole lot still since I'm just kinda drawing from refs mostly but I do have some pieces where I pictured a simple pose like the Dratini I drew not long ago.

8. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,631.2
    I tend to have a clear image in my mind of what I want to draw that quickly disappears when I go to actually draw it. If I'm lucky the final result ends up something vaguely resembling what I started out trying to draw.

9. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    Sometimes I get a clear flash of an idea and I have to sketch down a rough thumbnail of the idea because it usually comes when I'm in the middle of doing something else and, in the past, if I dont sketch it down it goes away from my head.
    Sometimes it comes in bits and bobs like if I think strongly about the section it expands sorta like unlocking sections of a map in a game hahah!!
    Other times it develops from an idle moment where I'm mindlessly doodling and I can be like "oh! If I change this bit I can do this!"

awney likes this.
  10. Sheinxy

Sheinxy Black Belt

Milky
    (Shinx)
    Level 40
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,893.6
    I start having a rather clear image of what I want to draw, and I end up drawing something that doesn't look at all how I imagined it x)

11. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    i wish i had a clear image of what i wanted haha. it would make my art process a lot easier.

12. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    ._. I usually see my art as a anime/manga styled thing, sometimes even freaking animated
    which really puts my expectations high, only to crash a bit when they're finished as a still image. This is why I really want to improve my animations, as I can't stop seeing my ideas in motion.