1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

How long does your art take?

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by awney, Sep 22, 2018.

1. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Art can either be 10 minute doodles or pieces that take hours or even days to complete. How long does your art take you?

My lined style takes about 20-30 minutes not too long. But my lineless art can take me upwards of a whole day. I do sometimes sketch dumb doodles on MS Paint and those take less than 10 minutes.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    Well, lining art without cleaning up and coloring takes about an hour, depending on what exactly I'm doing, but a bust shot took an hour. With that and coloring and shading, about an hour and a half!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    My lineless pieces take about an hour and a half I wanna say? Doodles take about 10 minutes. But it all depends on the complexity of the subject I am trying to draw honestly.

4. ToryBulbasaur

Milli
    (Meloetta Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽200.4
    Well my handrawn (which is the only art I do) it depends on what I'm drawing. Recently I have been drawing dragons from how to train your dragon and they can take me up to 40 mins. An hour with cleaning and colouring.

5. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    For me it depends on how complex the drawing is, how I'm drawing it (traditional or digital), and how much motivation I have. Most of of my art takes between 1 to 2.5 hours, but sometimes it may take longer (5-6 hours).
    My rough sketches usually take anywhere between 5-20 minutes.

6. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    too long I don't doodle anything anymore, but my full drawing can take me pretty long, I take a lot of time to get it perfect and since I do traditional stuff it can take me anywhere between 3 and 5 hours for the whole process.

7. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    small lineless pieces are taking me a little under an hour now!

8. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    Small drawings are about half a hour or so.. Digital drawings can take hours. One of my latest digital works took 10 hours (..add in that at one point my computer crashed, and I lost over half of my progress and I had to start over.)

9. Beffie

Beffie clear your cache

beautiful and perfect
    (Feebas)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,170.2
    Crown of ValorDawn Stone ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    my dumb little sketches are usually in that 5-10 minute range, while my full out completed digital pieces can go up to 2-3 hours in some cases!! in very rare cases where theres a lot of bg/lighting to draw, it can go up to like..... 4-6 hours depending on how complex it is and how fussy i am on any given day haha..

its a little slower when i draw characters that are new to me or i actually want it to look nice. it once took me 5 hours to do something and a whole hour was blocked for just cleaning lineart/coloring/shading hah. psa to artists: please clean your lines when you do them so you dont have to do them later

10. Swan

Swan Tuber

Caterpie
    (Caterpie)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12.0
    way too long for me, due to always trying to maximize detail... a lot of stuff never gets done due to that (mostly just commissions nowadays)

11. Riddles

Riddles Extra Spooky

Grimm
    (Duskull)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,645.4
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    It really depends. A lot of my art can take 5+ hours, though most of the sketches I did for Inktober took about an hour, sometimes less.

12. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I am now able to successfully do lineless in 2 hours or less depending on details !