1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

How long have you been roleplaying?

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by Pari, Oct 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    When did you start? How did you start?

I started back in 2011, script style in dA. Then I upgraded to paragraph format in 2012! So about 2-3 years. I don't remember what exactly inspired me to start, script style it evolved from chats and paragraph I guess I thought it looked fun haha.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,557.2
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I've been role-playing since I was 12-13, it was pen and paper back then though, not forum RPs, I'm actually fairly new to forum RPs believe it or not. Only a little over a year actually, so I'm not veteran in terms of how long I've been doing forum RPs.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. WroughtIronX

WroughtIronX Still_Burning

PokéPoints:
    ₽40.0
    Seven years, although never in a forum. Always a live text chat. Mostly through Skype.

4. Lucy

Lucy ☆ 𝖉𝖗𝖆𝖌𝖔𝖓 𝖘𝖑𝖆𝖞𝖊ð

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    Been RPing for roughly 10-11 years; started in fourth or fifth grade and did script format on 4Kids's forum. I was part of a Tokyo Mew Mew/Mew Mew Power RP that someone made~ I think I did script for a good while, then transitioned over to paragraph format on a lesser known virtual pet forum. When I was about 14 or so I got into RPing on LiveJournal, which had paragraph (for third person) and a script-esque form (the character spoke dialogue and would conduct various actions). I mostly RP in paragraph format on Proboards and Jcink RP sites now or in script format on Skype, though I sometimes consider going back to Dreamwidth (which LJ RPers migrated to) and have even contemplated trying to RP on Tumblr.

5. 8-Bit-Eevee

8-Bit-Eevee Crow of the Tempest

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.0
    Does playing D&D count as roleplay? :P

No, but really, I've only been roleplaying since around 2 years ago. I'd always done it via live chat before joining LV though.

6. Cay

Cay Ultralight Beam

PokéPoints:
    ₽72.0
    I started January of this year on another forum, paragraph style. I do prefer script-style in chats for fun, but paragraph-style lets you incorporate more twists and turns into your story.

7. Kano

Kano whelp

Mew Egg
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽31.0
    Longer than I care to think about.

Hahah, uuuuum... I started in.. 1999.

Kinda started with newb roleplay in chatrooms, and over time became longer posts on forums and social media sites. Now days I roleplay with a couple of specific friends, usually on tumblr, though these days I don't have as much time for it as I did when I was younger.

Roleplaying was one of the first things I did on the internet, when I first learned how to use a computer in grade school.

8. empire_c2

empire_c2 School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    I started forum role playing late 2006. A friend at school was doing it and I thought it was cool. I don't do it as much now as I would like due to life and such, but I still post into role plays when I have free time. I usually do longer posts (min one paragraph). Couldn't tell you how many rps I've been a part of and now in. I just love the storytelling of it and it helps me creatively. It has helped me in other ways too. Thanks to role playing I can write and develop stories a lot stronger than before.

This year I'll be D&D rping for the first time. My character is made and just finding a play date has been complicating. I'm excited though :D

9. LunarRabbitPikachu

LunarRabbitPikachu Angel of the Moon

Saura
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37.7
    Moon Ball ★★★★Poké Ball ★GS Ball ★★★★★Mario Mushroom ★
    I think I started to roleplay in real life when I was 10 and stopped after a couple of months. Once I got to the internet, I started to roleplay again when I was 12.. So, I've been roleplaying for 9 years. ^^;

10. Shayminlover123

Aria
    (Sneasel)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽724.4
    I've been roleplaying since......2008. About 8 years. However I took a 4 year break between 2008-2012.

11. shinygiratinaz

shinygiratinaz Boats Against the Current

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.5
    I started roleplaying here a few months ago with the Demon Lands roleplay. Yeah, I'm still pretty new to the whole thing. Since then I've done a lot of short format roleplays, though I enjoy longer ones too.

12. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    In Spanish...some years ago...I think that 3. But in English i started here :D. I started in "Taken to Labor" a Short Format Roleplay started by Endrewswiftwind. I really like rolepleying >.<

13. Nyanja

Nyanja › The fairy king ›

BEN!
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽217.4
    Crown of Valor
    I've been roleplaying for a very long time but if I can recall correctly, I think I've started back in 2005 or 2006. I was in 5th or 6th grade back then so my writing skills were very low. My first roleplaying site happened to be related to a old book series I used to read called Warrior Cats. I still roleplay to this day and I've gotten a lot better then I've did in the past. I used to write 5 sentences compared to giant paragraphs. Gotta love looking back at your old RP posts.

14. Ryex

Ryex A nerd

PokéPoints:
    ₽26.7
    Roleplaying is still fairly new to me, but since a friend of mine has been doing it for a fairly long time, it just sorta rubbed off on me.

15. Phantom of Music

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    Am I the only one new to roleplaying?! I'm so confused! Someone help me, please?!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.