1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

How often do you do challenge runs? What is your favorite challenge?

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Sheep, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    What a title..

How often do you guys play through the Pokémon games with a challenge run? What challenge runs have you completed, and what is your favorite challenge? Discuss challenges here!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. DemonicKraken

KIRA
    (Clamperl)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.6
    Legendary Triforce ★★Star Piece ★★★★
    I'm in the middle of my 1st Nuzlocke. (that i'm taking 100% seriously and am going to complete...)

its on Alpha Sapphire, and i was gonna make it a story but then i didnt wanna do stories so eh

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    Not that often, because I end up getting really attached to my buddies and then I quit halfway through ;v; I tried a Heartgold nuzlocke run in the past but gave up because it was too hard LOL I'm also almost finished with my X wonderlocke, but I put it off so I could play Ultra Sun. I think once I transfer all my Pokémon from Sun to US, I'm gonna try to do a Sun (wonder)locke.

4. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I do them fairly often, my favorites are wonderlockes as you never know what you get.

5. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I never challenge myself. I've never done a nuzlocke or anything because I get way too attached to my team.

6. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,650.4
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    I never tried. Honestly, I don’t even know if I want to. It seems fun but hard too...

7. Otter Mii-kun

PokéPoints:
    ₽0.0
    I honestly don't care for 'challenges' at all. I know I probably wouldn't make it through the vast majority of them. With the way most of the main series games are designed, I prefer to do it my way, though I do rely on Bulbapedia and various strategy guides for help along the way.

8. Uber-Dan

Uber-Dan PKMN Breeder

Rayquaza Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽150.7
    Great Ball ★★Poké Ball ★
    I never really done them. I guess i was never interested.

9. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,983.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I do it pretty often because I like doing them and it adds a bit of extra to the games and actually makes me go back and play the older games more.

10. That Weirdd Guy

That Weirdd Guy PKMN Breeder

Buddy
    (Sableye)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽27.4
    I personally love challenge runs! I have to say Nuzlockes are great starter, but adding things on to them are my favorite. Right now I am enjoying a monotype nuzlocke in Pokémon Emerald that uses only grass types. It is quite hard, but rewarding.

11. The Eccentric Axolotl

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,415.8
    Bicycle ★★Razz Berry ★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★
    I've done two Nuzlocke runs; one for Fire Red, one for Emeraled, I also plan on doing one for platinum as soon as I get a copy of it.

12. guest

PokéPoints:
    ₽723.0
    I find myself playing challenge runs more often than normal runs, at this point it's easier to restrict myself than have complete freedom (I have no idea how to pick a team of 'mons freely now, there's too much choice!). Nuzlocke runs are especially fun as blind playthroughs so I've nuzlocked my way through quite a few new series entries now. There's a bunch more tension when you don't know which Pokémon you'll encounter, which gym types are coming up, which moves might be used against you... The victory is much sweeter that way too~

Nuzlockes are definitely my most frequent challenge but I love monotype runs too, especially with normal types!

13. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    Personally, I don't get the appeal of challenge runs (besides randomizers? Do they count?) so I don't really do them. As others have mentioned, I get attached to whatever team I happened to make, so Nuzlockes and the such have never really been for me. :x