1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

How to access the Internet on DS games

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by RadEmpoleon, Apr 14, 2020.

1. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,111.9
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    As you all may know, the internet services for the DS were discontinued in 2014. However, there’s still a way to access it today, through an unofficial server called Wiimmfi.
    Connecting is actually pretty easy, and you can do it on any DS system, whether it’s a DS lite or a 3DS. This works best with a wifi with no password, like a mobile hotspot, but I have had success using a wifi with a password.
    -Save your connection to the DS, and go into the connection settings.
    -Find the option for “auto obtain DNS” and click no. The options to change the primary and secondary DNS should light up.
    -Change the primary DNS to 178.062.043.212 (and make sure the secondary DNS is 000.000.000.000)
    -Save and test the connection. It should be working!
    I have used this method to connect to the GTS in White 2, and it still works now. (I’m currently working on trying to complete the National Dex!) I don’t really know any other DS games that connect to the internet, but this method will work for it too.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Apr 14, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
    Neb likes this.
  2. bakugo

bakugo Camper

(Kyurem Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽588.7
    I should try this someday on my old ds lite, or even my 3ds.

3. Faded Autumn

Mawile
    (Mawile)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,166.8
    Dawn Stone ★★★★
    Huh, that’s good to know!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Jupjami

Jupjami Thy friendly neighbourhood birb shaman

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,572.7
    Leaf Stone ★★★Dragon Scale ★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    ooh, thanks for the nice info~! (if only I had a ds though...)

+ - wait, does it work on emulators too? wait that's a stupid question of course it won't but we never know that just shut up already! ok   never mind~

5. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,927.3
    Interesting. I'll probably never use it, though. White was actually the first game I used the GTS on, so I suppose it might be fun to try this out some time.

6. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    I like the workaround. I may use it if I ever pull my DS from the dust of my closet.