1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

How to get back into writing?

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by AutumnsDusk, Oct 19, 2018.

1. AutumnsDusk

Fennekin
    (Fennekin)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    It's been years since I've seriously written anything and I have ideas for a story but I don't remember how to not make my writing garbage?? Any tips for getting back into it? ;^;

2. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I recently got back into writing as well, (IE this past Sunday) and my best advice is to just keep writing, rewriting, and do some more writing.

It is a process that will lead to progress and the things you need to get back can only be gotten back by practicing.

Write a few one-shots, go all out on the plotting for a bigger work. Just set some time aside to write.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Try writing a prologue first to get back into it. Even if you think it's garbage, you can just keep that part for yourself and not show anyone else. After that just keep writing picking up from where the prologue left off. I'd recommend setting a daily goal for yourself, such as writing for a certain length of time each day or a specific number of pages each day.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. PoserPanda

SS EGG 2
    (Giratina Egg (Altered))
    Level 74
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,173.3
    Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Here's some tips.

1. Use spell-check.
    2. Peer-review your work.
    3. Keep trying.

5. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I would actually start with writing smaller stories, preferably one-shots or something like that. It'll be like dipping your toes back into writing and adjusting to the waters before diving right into the deep end. If you can't think of a short story to write, you can look for prompts or something like that.
    And just start writing. It may take some time to get back into it, but you'll never figure it out if you don't start.