1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

How to Get More Apricorn Balls

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Ryan, Nov 22, 2017.

1. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    Apricorn Balls are beloved for their rarity and charming design - you're given one of each Apricorn Ball throughout the game, and that's it... Or is it?

Thanks to some testing with @karatekid770 we discovered that you are able to get more Apricorn Balls - without hacking.

To do this, you must have:
    • Gold/Silver (virtual console edition)
    • Pokebank
    • Poketransporter
    • Must have reached the Burnet Building in Hea'hea City (USUM)
    Load up your copy of Gold or Silver, and prepare any Pokémon for transfer. Save after doing this, then exit the game.

Open up Poketransporter, and then transfer over any Pokémon from Gold or Silver. Move it from Pokebank to your copy of Ultra Sun or Ultra Moon.

Put the transferred Pokémon into your party, then head to the Gamefreak building (next to the Burnet Building). Go up the stairs once, then enter the room to the southeast.

Head to the west side of the room and talk to the man standing in front of the bookcases. If you have a Pokémon from G/S, he will give you one of every Apricorn Ball.

Let me know if this works for RBY! I believe it's a one time event, but feel free to try and see if it works daily.

#1 Nov 22, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
  2. Borie Broer

Melody
    (Meloetta Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽368.8
    Wow, that is really great to know, thank you for sharing! I wish getting more of them was a little easier though, I really love the customisation options Pokéballs give, even if it's just a tiny detail.

3. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    No problem! I had no idea about this so it was a nice discovery. If you have a hacked 3DS, I made a mod for USUM that lets you buy Apricorn Balls (it may ruin the "rarity" aspect for some but it enhances the customization and fun for me).

4. Borie Broer

Melody
    (Meloetta Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽368.8
    That sounds interesting, I like mods like this, I don't have a hacked 3DS, but having this would make catching mons in these neat balls a lot easier.
    Rarity is nice and all, though I only really care for the customisation personally, but these shouldn't be limited to one(or two) per playthrough in the first place, they can still make them rare if they want, just have an actual method to get more, maybe a BP shop where they're 64 BP a piece, or having them as a random spawn that Stoutland can find would at least be something.
    Luckily I do have apricorn balls saved up from different playthroughs, just have to soft reset every time a Pokémon escapes from their ball... :fuming:

5. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,794.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Useful, I'll need to remember to do that when I grow tired of getting trolled by the game while shiny hunting.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I really need to do this, I love me some Apricorn Balls. Some of them got a second item appearance, but not the Moon Ball which I use the most.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Blood-Umbreon

Blood-Umbreon School Kid

King
    (Nidoran♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽21.1
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    OMA! Thank you :-: Don't know how many times I've passed up to use my only lure ball on so many potential team players.

8. Haunted Ditto

Ditto
    (Ditto)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽775.5
    Oran Berry ★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    Wow
    I know many Pokémon related secrets, but this is new.

9. Pory-ZPlayz

Pory-ZPlayz Your Friendly Neighborhood Glitch

Iceon
    (Eevee (S))
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽158.5
    Exp. Share ★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Good thing I have Pokémon yellow and Pokémon gold virtual console.