1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Hugszzzzz

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Sheinxy, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Sheinxy

Sheinxy Black Belt

Milky
    (Shinx)
    Level 40
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,893.6
    I don't know, I just wanted to create a thread about hugs, and no one is gonna stop me from doing it :d
    So, hugs. Some people actually dislike being hugged, whereas some love it. Some may find public hugs embarrassing, while some others don't mind.

What about you? What's your opinion on hugs? :3

Personally, I love hugs, I would hug everyone if I could :3
    But I'm also a rather shy person, so hugging in public is something I find a really embarrassing, so I don't do it often ;W;

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    I mostly only hug people when I have a reason for it, like a greeting or parting of family. Outside of those circumstances is weird. I visited an old workplace of mine about a year ago, and one of my co-workers hugged me, and my heart just wasn't in it and the entire exchange is rather weird for me. I don't like her, I actually somewhat dislike her, it was a just-whatever chance meeting, and I was still quite sick and miserable and in perpetual pain at the time. I had absolutely no reason to want to hug her other than avoiding the deny, and it was generally weird.

Generally if you aren't family or friend-who-is-family, or if you are and I've seen you within the past month, I don't want to hug you. Sorry, but it's just not my language.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Moonstruck-Mist

HoverBoots
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 35
    PokéPoints:
    ₽544.9
    "I'm not your average cuddle bug"

I was wondering when I could put one of my daily quotes to good use. I'm not really a big hugger, but I'll give one whenever I get the chance to. Hugs are one of the only mental medicines I have, and they kind of remind me that everything is okay once in a while. If it weren't for certain laws that were in place, I would hug everyone I could. But then again, I don't want to get sick, or get other people sick... so maybe not...

But I still like hugs, and I'm happy with giving them out like a free medicine that doesn't cause any harm to anybody.

4. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,124.8
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I give hugs to family and friends. That’s about it. At big family gatherings (aka Christmas), we greet each family member with a hug (which is weird when I don’t know them all that well)

5. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,275.0
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    Many of my friends can tell you that I hug a lot. I hug my friends, my family, my pets... okay, I don't hug my birds. I'd crush them. But I definitely hug a lot. It just feels somewhat comforting? I let out stress by... breaking things (my pens can tell you that) and hugging something allows me to let out a bit of force - not that I'm very strong. I usually try not to go over-the-top too much, unless it's a friend I don't see much.

6. PoserPanda

SS EGG 2
    (Giratina Egg (Altered))
    Level 74
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,173.3
    Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I cannot stand hugs from anyone. I don't want hugs from anyone other than my husband, and sometimes that is pushing it. I only feel like accepting hugs when I'm in one of my fursuits. Because I feel like I'm the sandy form of Burmy whenever I'm given a hug.

Sheinxy likes this.
  7. seaturtle

seaturtle Bug Catcher

Kyurem Egg
    (Kyurem Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽52.4
    I love hugs but am usually too awkward to give them lol... usually if I do it's to a close friend or it's for a super emotional situation.

8. Sethal

Sethal Vibing to OST

Aurile
    (Alolan Vulpix)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,428.1
    Comet Shard ★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    I dislike giving hugs and receiving those. It's not like I hate them, but most of the time I feel like a handshake would suffice. When I receive hugs, I don't care if it's in public or not, that doesn't matter.

9. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    I love being hugged by someone I care about, and hugging back can be the highlight of my day. When I don't know someone very well, though, it's a lot more awkward. I go to an all boys school, and the other guys aren't as keen on hugs, so I have practically never hugged them. No way any of them know how much I like hugs. Thus most of my hugs come from family. I've found that, generally speaking, girls hug their friends a lot more often than boys. Unfortunately, I don't have many friends that are girls, and it's not like I can just go up and ask them for a hug whenever I want. So unless they initiate it, I am either too awkward or too polite, depending on your perspective, to do it. But yeah, it's always nice. It's my favorite way of letting someone know that I care about them.

10. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    Giving hugs to my parents and pets has almost always been a nervous tick for me. I just feel uncomfortable if I don’t do it daily. As for friends and anyone else, I usually find it a bit awkward since you have to get so close to the other person.

11. Momo Kiseki

Riolu
    (Riolu)
    Level 30
    PokéPoints:
    ₽847.5
    Big Nugget ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Icy Rock ★★★
    HUGGGZZ!! I love hugs. I'm always giving hugs to my friends! ALL THE HUGS!!

12. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,410.7
    Dude, I love hugs! I'm super huggy with my friends and family because I just really like them. Hugging is a simple way to show affection, and it can carry a lot of meaning behind it. I can totally understand people who aren't into physical affection, but it is certainly my love language!

13. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,650.4
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    I really love hugs as a mark of affection! They're awesome and comforting!

14. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    When I'm in a decent mood and it's either with somebody that I'm close to, or they feel particularly close to me, I'm usually willing to tolerate a hug. I rarely ever return it, I just stand there with my arms to my sides and wait for the other person to be satisfied with the hug. I don't like them, but i don't hate them, they're just kinda a thing that makes me feel slightly awkward.
    If I'm not in a decent mood though, if I get hugged I'm going to stiffen up, cringe, and my mind will go completely blank for a moment if I'm touched at all, but especially hugged. I rarely ever seek out hugs (though I have been known to cling to my brother's arm when I'm particularly anxious), and typically try to avoid hugs because they're just not my thing.

15. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    I love hugs, but only from people I know and or am close to. I won't take a hug from just anybody, but if someone I'm not well acquainted with is having a rough time, I may still try to give them a hug to comfort them.