1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

I CAN'T NAME MY RIVAL? WHAT?

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by LostSpirit, Feb 4, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    In Pokémon RSE, the ability to name your rival was removed.

Thoughts on this? Why do you think they didn't allow you to choose the name? Were you disappointed that you couldn't name your rival?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    I was kinda disappointed, yeah. Naming my rival was fun since I could name them weird things, or have them stick to my own naming scheme, haha. It was never really anything that impacted me that much though.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,046.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Eh, I didn't really care since I usually always just gave my rival a common or pre-made name anyway.

4. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    I was surprised and pretty shocked, though honestly this didn't matter much to me. I always named my rival what they were intended to be named, always so losing this feature wasn't a huge problem.

5. guest

PokéPoints:
    ₽723.0
    I like that there's a given name but having the option to name them to something you want would've been cool. There could've been the option to pick from default names too, including May/Brendan of course, like how it was for DPP's rival.
    Having no option to pick the name was pretty weird now that you mentioned it actually, hmm..

6. Doomhound

Doomhound
    (Houndour)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽77.7
    I always had the best names for my rivals, I definitely miss the feature. Don't see why it suddenly has to be censored personally

7. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    It wouldn't have felt right to me to call Brendan anything else but his actual name so it didn't bother me at all.. in fact, I didn't even realize you couldn't name him. That feature was very minor and forgettable for me ahah.

8. Treecko007

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    I wasn't unhappy with not having that ability, but that's because i chose the female character (a homage to my old friend Teleah) and was quite surprised to find that the boy rival's name was Brendan, which is one letter off my name!! so i can't say i was unhappy with that!

9. Smooshie

Smooshie Feebas Enthusiast

Mimi
    (Feebas)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽270.2
    I felt a little sad since it's part of the fun naming your rival but other than that I was okay with it! XD Well, it's good for some people who find it tedious to name their rival.

10. Nator

Nator Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    It was one of the many reasons why I wasn't fond of the third generation. Naming rivals was the best!
    They obviously did it in an attempt to put more "meaning" behind your rival. Needless to say, your rival didn't even play an important role in RSE. They weren't League Champion, they weren't secretly the son of a villainous organization's leader; they were just... your friend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.