1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

I give up

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by Azazel, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    You guys ever working on something for a while, only to decide you hate it and don't want it and just...delete it?
    I did this today, it feels like a waste but I literally had no ideas.

2. Moonstruck-Mist

HoverBoots
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 35
    PokéPoints:
    ₽544.9
    My Hybrid was one of the first stories I ever worked on. I deleted it recently, however, after a recent look-through told me I would have to redo the entire story again. I feel disappointed that I had to, but I'll get back to working on the remake one day.
    But right now, I don't know if I ever will be able to. I lost interest in the story ages ago.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,338.0
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    I've scrapped/discontinued quite a few of my fanfics. A few of them I lost interest, one of them I couldn't quite write, and a third was just... bad.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,138.7
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I’ve given up on a story I was writing called The Mahina on Wattpad, and I deleted it. A different version of the story I wrote on Wattpad, I gave up on, and it sits in my drafts in case I decide to pick it up again.

5. Nova Ozuka

Nova Ozuka Hex Maniac

Joy
    (Togepi)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.3
    When I typically cancel/discontinue something, I keep it around and recycle some of my concepts, especially characters.

For example, Zephyr the Umbreon came from an old fic I started on deviantART called When Heroes Rise, but since I discontinued it, I made him and some of the other cast members characters in Pokémon Resonance. Then there was the story I started for NaNoWriMo a few years back. Some of the concepts I included for that one came from a project that I scrapped.

6. TripleAAABattery

TripleAAABattery Look at my fluff! LOOK AT IT

Gottem
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 45
    PokéPoints:
    ₽991.0
    multiple times, unfortunately. Most unfortunate one was probably when there was a project that me and a group of friends had for developing an RPG Maker game. I was the one who was coming up with designs of some monsters or ideas for monsters. We were working on it for a couple of months before most people lost interest and ultimately, the project was scrapped.

7. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    I was working on my first original epic story. It was a fun idea that was supposed to mix magic and machines, but I ended up scraping it after I started running though my content far faster than I envisioned and the only way I was going to save the series was to redo most of what I've written. Suffice to say, I was disappointed and when I realized that I needed to redo most of it, that killed all motivation to continue onward. I scarped the project so I could focus on a new epic story.

8. Talarc

Talarc Swimmer

Muro
    (Whismur)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽935.8
    Ah, I can sympathise with just having to give up. Sometimes ideas just don't work, or there's one scene that you just can't find the right way to write. It's frustrating, but it just happens sometimes.

I abandoned a fic I was writing a couple of years ago because the plot just didn't work and I'm in the process of abandoning my current longfic because it's just too weighed down by poor choices I made six years ago when I was starting out with it. I don't delete my fics though since you never know when someone might come along and think they're worth reading. It's also quite nice looking back at my awful, five-year-old fics and comparing it to my current writing. It makes it easy to see that I have indeed improved!

9. Geroniny

Geroniny The Spacecraft Of Miracle

Azure
    (Kyogre)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽771.9
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Blue Orb ★★★★★Charizardite X ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    I Always Delete Or Stop Writing Chapters, But Not A Whole Series As If I Delete The Series, I Will Forget What The Story Is Originally About. But Time To Time, I Will Delete Chapters Or Completely Reboot The Chapters To Make Series Keep Updated To The Latest.

10. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I've never run into the problem of not knowing where I want to take a story, but I have lost motivation for a number of stories/series and just stopped writing them. So, at least for now (maybe I'll go back to them someday) those stories are abandoned. However, I did keep them up and available for people to read. Even though my writing has changed a lot these past few years, and I can't help but cringe when reading some of my older work, I still keep the stories available for other people to enjoy. Even when my work wasn't completed, and it's old and not my style anymore, it's still my work and it's nice sometimes to go back and see how much I've progressed. I like to think about how I might have done the stories differently had I written them now. And, most importantly, I keep these stories available and don't delete them because even if I don't like them, somebody out there does. Somebody out there loves my story, even if it's not completed, and I don't want to take that from them. I know the disappointment of having a story that I like being deleted and unavailable to me anymore. I don't want to do that to anybody else.