1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

I-it's not like I want you to ask me questions or anything...

Discussion in 'Question & Answer' started by Dawn, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Poffin

Poffin King of Destruction

Alolan Meowth
    (Alolan Meowth)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,384.2
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    If you had to choose between playing Breath of the Wild (again) or Read Dead Redemption 2, which would you put up with? >:)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    Don't think you won't pay for asking me this >:T

Anyway, if I HAD to choose, I'd suffer through Breath of the Wild again, for three reasons:
    1. I already own it, and RDR2 would cost me a minimum of £45 to purchase.
    2. As I've already played it, I can cut down on time wasted exploring and just run from key location to key location.
    3. It's shorter. I could finish the main "story" (and I use that term very loosely) of BOTW in less than a day probably...because I'd want to do the main dungeons before the final boss if only so that didn't take me about an hour to kill. RDR2 would probably take me about 80 hours to finish the tutorial and a month or so.

So there =P

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    Are ya a tsundere?

4. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    Nope, I'm a Type-1 kuudere.

5. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Do ya like tsundere girls?
    (I dont)

6. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    Offhand, I can't think of any tsundere characters in media that I like because they're tsundere...it's not something I generally pay too much attention to! Sometimes it can be kinda entertaining, but I neither like nor dislike it as a character trope tbh. Unless it's overdone, but then, anything that is overdone is generally bad.

7. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Yah.
    So what anime tropes do ya like?

8. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    I think the only common anime trope I've always liked is the Large Ham...tropes get kinda boring after you've seen them so many times, but I don't think I will ever get tired of that one character in a show that chews the scenery to a pulp every time they say something. It's always ridiculously entertaining to watch things get over-dramatised, even when they're supposed to be serious.

That said, I do like it when characters break the fourth wall. Hyperdimension Neptunia is one of my favourite franchises because of how painfully self-aware the writing is; it's basically anime Deadpool, only substantially less violent and more reliant on memes...which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Deadpan Snarkers, Emotionless Girls, and Magnificent Bastards are all wonderful when they're utilised correctly too, although I find these apply more to video games than anime.

9. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Hey, its your bday today? Happy birthday, dear! God bless ya~♡
    Do you celebrate your birthday with great pomp? Like throw a big party or something?

10. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    It is, and thank you :3
    I haven't had a birthday party since I was ten, haha. Generally I have quiet, uneventful birthdays. I usually go to the cinema if there is something on that I want to see, but since there isn't right now I will probably spend the day doing what I normally would, only I have new games to play so I'll play those instead~
    Next year is my 30th though, so I plan on going to Rome for a few days~

Cherry3Fairy likes this.
  11. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Fav cake flavour?
    Mine's probably Dark forest.

12. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,138.7
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    What’s your favorite and least favorite color for shinies, or just in general?

13. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    I like just plain sponge with jam and buttercream. The buttercream is the most important part, because the cake is VERY dry without it. I don't have a very sweet tooth and I'm not overly fond of large quantities of chocolate. xD

I had no idea what a Dark Forest Cake was until I googled it. xD

The best shinies are blue, the worst ones are green.

Blue shinies are often quite bright and a totally different shade from the Pokémon's normal colour...I mean, look at shiny Ditto and you'll see what I mean. Blue also goes very well with white (shiny Glaceon) and it's one of those generally inoffensive colours. Of course there are bad blue shinies (Garchomp) but I think the good outweigh the bad.

Green shinies are just...awful. Because the green is always on a Pokémon that it doesn't suit, like Teddiursa or Espeon. Or it's a very off-green that looks like a faded photograph. It's one of those colours that just doesn't work with pretty much everything. xD

14. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    @Dawn
    How are you liking being a mod?

15. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    It's been pretty nice thus far! Honestly I'm still kinda shocked that I got chosen for the position...I mean, I don't really know anyone, and I am not the most sociable of people. But it's motivating, the staff team has been friendly, and I don't *think* I've stepped on anyone's toes just yet. I have many ideas for events and now I have the opportunity to make them happen, so that's great.

...I am a teensy bit anxious about being useful, but I am a naturally anxious person who generally needs to feel anxious to do anything. xD

RadEmpoleon and Shadria like this.
  16. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,138.7
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    What’s your favorite Christmas song(s)?

17. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    I like Gloucestershire Wassail the most, I think. Darkest Carols, Faithful Sing - Christopher Lee's version of Hark the Herald Angels Sing - is one of my favourites too!

Also, David Kaye's recitation of "It's Beginning to look a lot like Christmas" in Beast Wars Megatron's voice is the greatest thing ever. He does a Beast Wars seasonal greeting every year! It's literally the one thing I most look forward to now. xD

18. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Favorite ice cream flavor? (Hint, the correct answer is cookie dough ;)

Quick! The zombie apocalypse is upon us! Choose three fellow Lake Valorers to team up with for survival and explain why you picked them!

19. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,650.4
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    What made you come back to LV? What made you join in the first place?
    Who's on your avatar?

20. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    I am afraid I will have to give you an incorrect answer, because I like just plain vanilla the most. I don't have a huge sweet tooth. xD

Poffin, because I've known her for a long time now and I'd trust her to make sure my brains didn't end up decorating the walls or inside a zombie stomach.
    Sheep, for similar reasons.
    And...uh...I don't actually know a third person on LV well enough to take them. Maybe Butternut? so we have someone to sacrifice if things go wrong

I've been off and on LV since I joined, but I never really posted all that much until a few months ago. I've just been...very busy, with life and other forums. I am ironically more busy now - I didn't get a job until last year - but I am more motivated to manage my time efficiently so I just have more time and motivation to be active now. But I have been watching you all for over 4 years now...you just haven't been aware of my gaze until now >:D
    I joined because I was looking for a Pokémon forum and thought this one looked better than Serebii or Bulbagarden. Serebii has such an ugly design. xD
    My avatar is Linkle, from Hyrule Warriors. She's basically the rejected design for female Link given personality, a little backstory, and two crossbows. She is ridiculously fun to play as in the game <3

Gwoomy likes this.