1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

I just thought of something...

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Shadow Blaze, Sep 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadow Blaze

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    So... Right now I've just been hoping that the sixth generation of the Pokémon anime is better than the fifth, because I really didn't like that one. Ash wasn't all that great in Diamond and Pearl, but in Black and White he just got worse. Hopefully he'll come back around in X and Y.

Either way, I do plan to try out this anime, and even more so now that I've thought of this one. In a thumbnail on the homepage of Serebii, where it shows the "next in Japan" thing on the side for the anime, there's a picture of Ash with Pikachu and Bulbasaur. Since Pokémon X and Y are having two sets of starters, one of them being the Kanto starters, do you think Ash will bring his old Bulbasaur with him to Kalos, or at least get to Kalos, catch a few Pokémon, and end up going to the PC for Bulbasaur when seeing other people picking Kanto starters? He's already got his Charizard on him, and Bulbasaur is an unevolved Pokémon, which would be better for new Pokémon fans who are sitting at home picking their first Kanto starter.

I'm going to branch off here for a second just to say that Bulbasaur has definitely been my favorite of Ash's Pokémon to date. He was in Ash's team for the longest time too, wasn't he? From the beginning of Kanto all the through until around half-way (or something) through Johto? I don't know for sure. I know that Ash's Bulbasaur gets a ton of praise, but that's for good reason. In my opinion, Ash's Bulbasaur was the Pokémon that showed the most interesting personality of all the Pokémon he had. We've seen Pikachu make the decision to not evolve, but he would have had to use a Thunder Stone. Bulbasaur got the level of evolution, and when the time came to evolve he made a conscious choice not to.

Looking at how this is about the new anime, and most people here have given up on the anime completely, I doubt this will get a whole lot of replies, if any, but I felt it was at least worth bringing up...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. eeveeongirl

eeveeongirl Collector

PokéPoints:
    ₽34.6
    I'd enjoy seeing bulbasaur, I never really liked charizard, and if squirtle came back that would be awesome because blastoise is my favorite mega of the three. This anime looks more promising to me, the female character, Serena? I think, actually has a history with Ash so their relationship will be very different from any we've seen before hopefully. And Clemet (sorry if I misspelled) looks like he will be a companion with more of an attitude, FINALLY! I'm going to try the new anime and give it a fighting chance, I did go back to black and white for a short period because N came in and I actually enjoyed his character so maybe Pokémon is learning

3. Shadow Blaze

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    I definitely going to try watching Pokémon X and Y anime too. Something else I've noticed is that... Well... Does Ash look a little older to any of you? I know this is probably just wishful thinking, but in a lot of trailers Ash looks a little older to me, but that might just be that he has teeth now.

I'm not going to sit here and tell you that I didn't go back to Black and White to see N show up because I did. Ash was still an idiot, but N is such a great character and the episodes had such great plots that if you just ignored Ash the bumbling idiot, the show was great!

4. Oim

Oim Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    Maybe his old Bulbasaur will come back and finally evolve.

Also, unrelated but I'd like to see him actually win the league this time. Would be nice, because he's been going at it for like 15 years now and has failed every time so far (to my knowledge anyway).

5. Shadow Blaze

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    I'm not sure if I'd want to see his Bulbasaur evolve. After that episode when Bulbasaur chose not to evolve it would be a character killer to me. Although, I wouldn't be surprised at all if they were to make it evolve. Mega promotion, you know?

Nope. Ash hasn't won.

6. JirachiWish

JirachiWish You only get two wishes

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    Hmm... maybe it's a different Bulbasaur, or maybe Pikachu was with someone else's Bulbasaur? I'm not sure, but it would be great if it really was Ash's Bulbasaur. I hope it doesn't evolve though!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Shade

Shade Sailor

Lux
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽380.5
    Ultra Ball
    Hmm interesting notion. After not being impressed by Sinnoh I pretty much gave up on the anime and having recently heard that Brock is once again gone in XY repelled the appeal. This however sounds mildly interesting.

In my post in the thread analyzing Ash's character I mentioned how impressed I was with him in the Johto Episode 'Two Hits and a Miss' where he coaches a Hitmontop trainer and the only Pokémon he used in that episode was Bulbasaur. It certainly is a sentimental character for those of us who have followed the series from the beginning. Apart from Pikachu Ash carried Bulbasaur the longest; throughout Kanto, the Orange Islands all the way to the end of Johto.
    Honestly I doubt it will evolve, perhaps it was Squirtle but one of the two had feared evolving due to the prospect of the evolved form turning on Ash as Charizard did. Though Charizard eventually did come to respect Ash I doubt that changes the fear. It certainly doesn't change the possibility.

It does somewhat annoy me however that almost none of Ash's Pokémon ever evolve (with the exception of Pikachu) and of the few that do even fewer reach their final forms. Example: His Chikorita evolved into Bayleef but never into Maganium.

8. Fizzysoda

Fizzysoda Valor Lake Cryptid

(Jirachi Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,390.9
    Soda Pop ★Reaper Cloth ★★★Amulet Coin ★★★
    Automatic generated message
    This topic has been closed by a moderator.

Reason: Inactive thread

If you disagree with this action, please report this post and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it.

Kind regards,
    Lake Valor Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.