1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Ideas For New Mechanics

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by KCkitkat11, Mar 22, 2019.

1. KCkitkat11

KCkitkat11 PKMN Breeder

Who
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽0.7
    What are some ideas for new game mechanics like Mega Evolution and Z-Moves that you guys have? My personal favorite idea that I have is genetic breeding. Like, you breed a Pokémon with a Ditto that's holding a certain item, and that can make the resulting baby Pokémon have different physical characteristics, or a new ability or type. What do you guys think of that? And what ideas do y'all have yourselves?

2. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,010.7
    Personally, I want to be able to customize Pokémon. Give them hats and accessories and stuff. Plus fur dye/feather dye/etc. to change parts of their colorations. Make it so that we can make our Pokémon more unique.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Pika

Pika Hiker

Topaz
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽335.9
    ^ oh big yes to that. i hope that they expand the customization to more than just pikachu and eevee someday. all i want in life is to be able to make something like a wailord wear a tiny baseball cap on its head

4. Woo

Woo Bug Catcher

Lettuce
    (Eevee (S))
    Level 4
    PokéPoints:
    ₽33.0
    Customizing Pokémon would be really cool! In a similar vein, I remember prior to gen 7 there were rumors that your starter Pokémon would be able to have the same battle bond ability as Ash's Greninja, and your Pokémon would take the appearance of your trainer. I was bummed when it didn't actually become a thing, but I think it'd be a neat idea to have in the games!

5. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    I agree that customization increases would be great, but I would prefer something like more gimmicky moves. Like a fire type special attack with 140 power and 100 accuracy that burns you as its recoil. Moves like that would be cool, and could effect the meta game in an interesting way.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    Rather than difficulty settings, how about difficulty sliders like in Bravely Default? You could scale trainer Pokémon levels, A.I. intelligence, and the encounter rate to your liking. To prevent it from getting too broken, limit would be 200% or -200%.

RadEmpoleon likes this.
  7. RWBY Gaster

Root Seed
    (Root Seed)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽489.0
    King's Rock ★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    Custom Moves. A move that is the same as hidden power but you can choose its type with a fixed base power and accuracy

8. Chron

Chron Memegeist Guardian

PokéPoints:
    ₽12.8
    I have no idea why I was thinking of Mario Super Sluggers, but it gave me an idea for a fun Pokémon battling mechanic: Some sort of Pokémon Friend Synergy, where two (or more) Pokémon that have a shared bond (whether they were in the Daycare together, were raised and fought together, share egg groups or parents, etc.) give benefits to each other. All the Pokémon games hype up Trainer-Pokémon bonds, but I wanna see more bonding between the mons themselves to give them more character. This could easily be applied in Doubles, with defensive/offensive boosts and potential damage absorption during crisis, but in Singles it could be something like passing a random boost to the Pokémon's friend when switching out. I feel like it'd make Pokémon teams feel more like teams, y'know? That's why I always loved Baton Pass teams, even though they're scummy in nature. They all act as one cohesive unit, and I love that.

9. RWBY Gaster

Root Seed
    (Root Seed)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽489.0
    King's Rock ★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    I thought of another one: Team attack! Only works on a double battle. It works like this: when two attacking moves are used, the faster Pokémon will wait for the slower one. Eg: Charizard used Flamethrower and Pidgeot used Hurricane. As Pidgeot is faster than Charizard with their highest possible speed, Pidgeot will wait for Charizard. The Hurricane powers up the Flamethrower used by Charizard and becomes a spread move which hit both the enemy Pokémon. This also works for some status moves with attacking moves and two status moves (Such as Tailwind and Heatwave and Tailwind and poison gas/smog)

10. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    My mechanic would be to fuse Pokémon tegether temporarily in battle, but not all Pokémon, just certain ones. Kinda like venustoise in the anime.

11. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    This isn't exactly a new mechanic, as it was in Let's Go Eevee/Pikachu for a bit, but I think it would be cool if we could temporarily control our pokémon in the overworld, use them to collect items that previously wouldn't have been able to be grabbed (Like something that is in a tree, or on a cliff, or through a hole that you're too big to fit through.