1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

IdolQuest - Pokemon Contest RP [Roleplay Thread]

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by Pixel, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Leila nodded and giggled as Toren slowly approached the Ice type Pokémon, her fairy charm drawing in the poison and grass type. "Ros- Roserade!" he said confidently. As Leila turned to face Shiro she saw him already heading behind the tree to change so she turned her head quickly with a blush, not wanting to invade on his privacy. "maybe we should train too Toren."

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Enasencca

Enasencca Ace Trainer

Mercury
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽592.7
    Rage Candy Bar ★★★Rocky Helmet ★★★★★PokéBallPokéBallGreat Ball
    Io grinned and capped her hands at Amphirite's performance. "That was beautiful like always! I think I'll be using Anemone though. I have a plan." Having said so the blonde recalled both Pokémon and headed to The Pokémon Centre she was staying in. She was directed to the dining hall and sat next to two other trainers, which she vaguely recognized as two of the coordinators from the previous contest.

Once she settled down she called out Amphirite, who deserved a treat after all her hard work. The Primarina hummed as Io gave her some of her own meal, which was a simple bowl of salad, a plate of fried fish (whcih Amphirite adored) and some rice.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,980.9
    @ShinigamiMiroku

Once Maya had finished her food, she asked "So what do we do for entertainment? I did remember to pack my guitar so my team could enjoy some campfire tales if we had to camp..."

4. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    @WavePearl

"Believe it or not, I actually have no musical talent whatsoever, so I usually spend any free time I do have - and I usually have more of it nowadays - reading. However, I'd love to hear you play," John replied as he began to stack the used plates, bowls, and silverware.

5. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,980.9
    @ShinigamiMiroku

Maya retrieved a familiar guitar case, taking the familiar yellow-brown instrument from inside. Lita sparked with excitement as Maya carefully brought the beautiful instrument into tune--what kind of a song would she sing tonight?

The well loved acoustic guitar had come with Maya on many journeys, serving as a source of entertainment around the campfire, and enthralling audiences onstage. Granted, Maya was not as good a storyteller as those that told professionally, like Pewter City's Gym Leader, Brock. but she still practiced her storytelling as much as her coordinating.

6. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    @WavePearl

While Maya pulled out her guitar and began setting up, John quickly removed the dishes and took them back to the kitchen. He set them on a conveyor belt to go through a washing machine in the back, then quickly slipped back into the dining hall, nodding respectfully to Io as he passed her as he returned to the table where he and Maya sat.

7. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,980.9
    @ShinigamiMiroku

Maya finished tuning as John returned. "Welcome back--I do take requests, so don't be afraid to ask if you want to hear a particular song."

8. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    @WavePearl

John thought about it for a few moments. "Well, given it's nighttime, I find something relaxing would be preferred. As a kid, there was this one videogame I liked to play... the ice level was especially memorable. Don't know if you know of the theme, but it's called 'Phendrana Drifts', from Metroid Prime." He then paused and added sheepishly, "I don't listen to much in the way of popular music; primarily just classical and jazz."

9. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,980.9
    @ShinigamiMiroku

"I have heard that theme before--and tabs are out there for it." Maya smiled before beginning the familiar theme--or the best it could sound on an acoustic guitar.

Lita seemed interested in the tune, and how her mistress would add periodic flourishes to give the tune a dreamy effect.

10. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    @WavePearl

John closed his eyes, his body visibly relaxing as the notes floated through his ears. As she played, he began to softly hum along. A content smile tugged at the edges of his lips, childhood memories surfacing as he remembered traversing the icy terrain. Absently he could hear his pokeballs opening, his team coming out to listen while avoiding destroying the PokeCentre property, but he was too focused on the music to pay it any mind.

11. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,980.9
    @ShinigamiMiroku

As the last chord faded away, Maya noticed that she had an audience--both hers and John's teams had come out to listen. "Any requests?" she asked.

12. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    @WavePearl

John's eyes were still closed as he continued, for another moment, to allow the music to reverb within his mind. After the moment, he opened his eyes and shook his head. "That was more than enough for me. Play whatever suits your fancy."

13. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,980.9
    @ShinigamiMiroku

Lita whispered something to Maya, and Maya just smiled before beginning a familiar song. In the town, where I was born, lived a man, who sailed to sea...

The song seemed to attract some kids, all of which were singing along to "Yellow Submarine"

14. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    John looked on as several children began singing along. "I guess it's true what they say, that legends never really die..." He knew of the works by The Beatles, but never really listened to them. However, Maya's sweet voice and excellent guitar skills made the song more enjoyable for him, and he found his foot tapping to the beat of the song.

15. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,980.9
    @ShinigamiMiroku

Maya knew plenty of songs, both classics and newer material. She had also tried her hand at writing original songs and tunes. But no matter what she played, the guitar was a welcomed companion on any contest journey, and an easy conversation starter.

Her father had played for her when she was younger, and then she in turn learned to play from him. Now that she was writing her own songs, she did try and play them in front of her parents as often as she could.

16. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    @WavePearl

As the song ended, John softly clapped, clearly pleased. "I wasn't aware that The Beatles had any fans among the younger generation. You performed quite well," he said as he chanced a glance at a clock. "Well, I do believe it's about time to turn in. We both have preparations to begin for the next contest, after all. Rest well, Ms. Nijiiro."

17. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,980.9
    @ShinigamiMiroku

"Good night." Maya smiled as she put her instrument away for the night. "My parents have a huge collection of old records they are in the process of digitizing, so I learned a lot of old classics listening to those."

With that, she yawned and drifted to sleep, with Lita curled up on the pillow.

18. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Shiro emerged from behind the tree once he was done, now wearing a full-body wetsuit. It was much more extravagant-looking than it was when it was folded - it was designed to look like the Pokémon Goldeen, but with greens and yellows instead of oranges. Shiro always felt a bit embarrassed wearing it, but he knew that style points played a part in contests too.

"Sorry, does it look weird? I had it custom-made for aquatic performances - it's easier to perform with Serena while riding her, and it looks better." Shiro explained, his face lightly blushing.

19. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Leila turned and gasped, "It looks wonderful, I love it! The colors are just delicate and well crafted all at once." She was stood up, her feet in the water, she patted Sugarbelle's head who was playing in the water, "Keep your eye on their training, try and give them enough room, alright?" Sugarbelle nodded moving her self more to the corner of the lake to splash about so it didn't bother Serena and Shiro. "If you are wearing that to your performance Shiro then I am gonna need my mom to send me a new outfit or something" she joked before getting out of the lake. "Alright Toren, ready to do some training." Toren quickly turned and ran toward Leila, looking back at Caitlyn to see if she was watching him or not.

20. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Shiro climbed onto Serena, and they began practicing. It wasn't really a routine, moreso just practi moves and combos, seeing what looked better. After about an hour of this, they were done.

"Ah, good session." Shiro smiled as Serena lowered herself to the shore, allowing Shiro to get off. He gave the large serpentine Pokémon some well-deserved head-rubs.