1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

IdolQuest - Pokemon Contest RP [Roleplay Thread]

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by Pixel, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Leila was applauding, Toren lounging around in a sea of magical leaves, the glowing blue leaves like an ocean around him, pink petals laid sporadically through them. Toren took a bite of a Pokeblock he received as a reward for training, he watched with a slight smile. "That was wonderful work you two! You have such a wonderful bond and it really shows."

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    "Aw, shucks." Shiro blushed. "It was nothing, really. I love all my Pokémon equally, they know it too. Well, except Caitlyn, but she was my first Pokémon. She's special."

Shiro made his way behind the tree again, changing out of the wetsuit and into his regular clothing. He laid the wetsuit down on a rock to dry out in the sun.

"Now that training's done, time to relax." Shiro sighed, grabbing a box from his bag. Inside of it there were Malasada donuts - ones he'd made himself - and he began passing them around to his Pokémon. Then, he held out the box to Leila.

"Want some?" He asked.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Cadbberry

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    She looked surprised, "I would love one, these look delicious!" She gently pulled one out of the box. "Where did you find Malasada donuts out here, I have only seen them on the news!" She reached into her own bag pulling out a little knapsack, opening it, it was filled with berries and a jar of honey. "Care for some berries, I grew them in my home town, we are known for our flora... and honey."

4. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    @WavePearl

John simply chuckled as he slipped out of the dining hall. If she finds the chairs comfortable, then I won't disturb her... He then walked out of the Pokémon Center and left town, setting up camp in the forest between Sandgem Town and Lake Verity. As comfortable as beds were, John always preferred camping to buildings that weren't his home in Eucreteak. After setting up camp, he fed his Pokémon team before slipping into his tent for the night, his Pokémon sleeping outside as was their habit and another reason he disliked sleeping in the Center.

5. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    "Oh, I made them myself. I live in Johto, but I was born and raised in Alola, so I learned how to make them when I was younger."

Shiro grabbed some of the berries Leila had offered, and a finger of Honey too. Both of the treats were overly sweet, which was in no way a bad thing.

"Wow, this produce is amazing. You're from Floaroma Town, yeah? I'll have to stock up when I'm there - my Malasadas, heck, all my cooking would taste amazing with ingredients like these!" Shiro smiled.

6. Cadbberry

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    She took a bite of the pastry and nearly melted, she savored the flavor as she swallowed the bite. "You made this! They are so delectable!" She took another bite giddily. With her mouth semi full went to speak, covering it with her hand as she did to be polite. "And I thank you for the compliment, I tend carefully to my crops. It is how I funded my journey!" She swallowed and smiled brightly at him, "If we go through Floraroma, I can get you some more, we have a lot of berry bushes, some harder to find across the region. My mother raises combee, she is taking care of mine while I go on my contest journey. So I can certainly get you any fresh ingredients for baking." She sat back down in the grass, patting next to her for Shiro to sit.

7. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,007.6
    @ShinigamiMiroku

While Maya enjoyed camping as well, if there was an opportunity for a warm bed, she would take it. True, it wasn't her bed at home, but Pokémon Center beds were a nice substitute when she had the chance.

8. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    Hikari and Blossom trained for quite a bit more, realizing that night had already fallen. "Oh," she said, noticing the sky darken, "I didn't realize we've been training fo a long time now. We should definitely get started on setting up camp." With that, she brought out her tent, neatly arranged, courtesy of Psy and Chic's powers. Moments later, Hikari's stomach began to rumble, "We should definitely eat something now, hahaha!"

She then took the time unwrapping the food she had packed from her bag, consisting of Shalour Sables and Lumiose Galettes. She gestured her Pokémon to help themselves from the galettes and the sables. She decided to split the galette in parts too so that her Pokémon could each get an individual slice. "Eat up!" Frost, Blossom, Psy, and Chic all helped themselves to a slice of Lumiose Galette, Pixie, Floreta, Kipkip, and Volt all decided to take some Shalour Sables.

9. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    John awoke early in the morning as his team stirred. He could hear Salazar taking off to find his morning meal; the salamence could be quite picky regarding what he ate in the morning, being a carnivore and everything. He shook off his tiredness and began to cook some breakfast for the rest of the team while contemplating his approach for the upcoming contest. "What style should we go for...? Maybe something tropical?" He looked over at Mr. B, who was doing his morning dance routine. "Just don't make it start raining again like you did last time, okay, B?" The ludicolo paused to salute in his silly way before resuming his dance. The eeveelutions were playing with each other while the rest were either continuing to eat or were training with each other. John smiled; due to their long time together, his own work ethic had rubbed off on them and they enjoyed training even when they weren't immediately needed. His thoughts then drifted to Maya, the young trainer who was still trying to find her place in the world. He immediately understood why; he could see much of his old self in her, and he found himself hoping that she would find the inner strength she needed to overcome this trial and be triumphant, even at the expense of his own efforts.

"No time to reminisce," John reminded himself as he shook his head to clear away the old memories. "Time to begin practicing." With everything cleaned up, he began to practice with Mr. B while the others watched or trained as well.

10. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,007.6
    @ShinigamiMiroku

Maya woke up with a yawn to see John and his team going about their normal morning routines. What I would give for a cup of coffee right now...

She climbed from the bed, showered, and got dressed. Next, she released her other Pokémon. "Come on out, everyone! Breakfast!"

11. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    "I'll have to make sure I take you up on that offer!" Shiro laughed. He stood up, and returned all his Pokémon into their Poke Balls.

"Well, I know we haven't been here long, but I'm gonna start heading to Sandgem Town. Doesn't look like the contest starts for a few days, but I'd still like to make sure I'm not late. Now, how can I get there..."

Shiro pulled out his phone, opening a map of the Sinnoh region. It seemed that Sandgem Town was just beyond Route 201, which was north-east of Twinleaf Town. It looked to be about a day's worth of travel by foot, since he didn't have any Flying-type Pokémon to carry him over.

"I should really invest in capturing a Flying-type Pokémon..." Shiro muttered to himself, putting his phone away. He grabbed his bag, turning back to Leila.

"Well, I guess I'll see you in Sandgem Town!" Shiro smiled, before turning and making his way towards Route 201.

12. Cadbberry

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Leila waved him goodbye, almost finishing her malasada happily. She dipped the last bite in some honey and ate it happily, making an audible, 'Mmmmm Mmmmm'. She screwed the cap on the honey jar with a little logo that reads Heartgrove Honey with a Combee under the name. Leila stood up and sighed, looking out over the lake, "what I wouldn't give to just sit here and weave grass and flower all night." Sugarbelle patted her back and Leila returned all her Pokémon. Starting on her way to Sandgem town, she turned back once to look at the still water and smiled slightly before getting walking.

13. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,046.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
  14. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,007.6
    The Contest Hall buzzed as people took their seats. Backstage, Maya emerged from the dressing room to find her faithful Braxien Krystal waiting for her. "Ready?" she asked.

[Let's do this.] the fox Pokémon purred. [Let's rally from our bad start, and prove to them what we can really do!]

15. Enasencca

Enasencca Ace Trainer

Mercury
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽592.7
    Rage Candy Bar ★★★Rocky Helmet ★★★★★PokéBallPokéBallGreat Ball
    "...And next up, we have Iolana White from Hau-oli City! Let's give her a warm welcome!" There was a round of applause as Io strode out on stage. She was wearing the blue contest dress her mother had given her when she had left Alola instead of the standard tank top and flip flops she usually donned. She winked at the crowd before tossing a dive ball up in the air. "Alright Anemone, let's go!"

Her shiny Corsola appeared in a bright flash of blue light with water droplets falling around her. The Water type twirled pose as she did so, eliciting a few claps from the audience. They didn't look too excited. Well, Io was gonna change that.

"Start things off with Rock Blast Anemone!" She could hear the audience mutter in confusion as the Corsola span, three glowing pink rings appearing and circling around her. They transformed into respectably sized rocks that Anemone launched into the air, one after another. After that she repeated the attack, continuing to launch rocks and hitting the ones already in the air, causing sand to rain down as the rocks broke apart. Soon there was a enough sand on the stage that it could be called a beach.

"Now use Surf Anemone!" Obeying her trainer, the shiny Corsola began to glow brightly, before jumping up into the air. A huge wave materialized below her, and it flooded the area that wasn't covered in sand. Anemone had enough control that it didn't reach the audience or the judges, and only a few drops sprayed the audience. By their cheers and claps however, they appreciated the spray.

Now the stage was truly like a Beach, with Sand and "Sea" together. Perfect for the Summer Theme.

"Let's finish this Anemone!" The Corsola began swimming through the "ocean" gracefully, jumping out and twirling. Every time she surfaced she used Recover to glow brightly and grab attention before she went underwater again.

Finally the Corsola jumped out one last time and used Bubble Beam, pretty blue bubbles shooting out of her mouth and launched into the air. Anemone landed on the sand with a flourish just as the bubbles above her burst and showered her with water droplets and sparkles. The crowd went wild, cheering and hooting.

"An amazing performance from Iolana and Anemone! Let's give them a hand folks!" The announcer yelled. Io flushed happily as everyone clapped, recalling Anemone and going backstage. The sand and water disappeared as soon as she did so, being the result of a Pokémon move and therefore temporary.

Pixel likes this.
  16. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,007.6
    The applause for the previous competitor died down as Maya--wearing a red flame-print Alolan shirt for the occasion instead of her usual costume--and Krystal hurried into position.

After receiving the cue to begin, some low key tropical music played as they arrived onstage, Krystal bundled up in the pink aura of Magic Coat. "Krystal? Why are you in a coat at the beach?" Maya asked in feigned curiosity.

[Oh...let me slip into something a bit more...fun!] Krystal grinned as she combined Will-o-Wisp with the Magic Coat, bursting from the pink-blue-purple flames and lights in an Alolan shirt of her own and sunglasses as the low key music picked up into "Jump in the Line", to laughter as the audience clapped along to the song. [Hope you brought your bathing suit!] she smiled as she unleashed a Psyshock, using the three blue-purple-pink orbs that appeared to send a volleyball at Maya, who expertly returned the serve, to more cheers.

Krystal got showier and showier with each round of Psyshock, sending the ball higher and higher into the air each time. But Maya managed to eagerly return each serve, until a massive Psyshock explosion sent the ball veering slightly to Maya's left. "Okay, Krystal, that's a point for you." Maya conceded, to some "aw"s as master and Pokémon embraced.

"It's not a day at the beach without fireworks!" Maya grinned, prompting Krystal to combine some whorls of Mystical Fire with Will-o-Wisp, creating colorful bursts that more or less resembled fireworks for the big finish.

As she and the Braxien took a bow and returned to the holding room, Maya hoped deep in her heart that she had at least done somewhat better than before....

Pixel likes this.
  17. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    "...Next up we have Shiro Hidashi, from Violet City!" the announcer called. Shiro felt much more confident about himself than he had at the Twinleaf Contest, but he was wearing the odd-looking wetsuit instead of his usual suit-and-tie combo. He just hoped the judges or crowd didn't think any less of him. As he made his way onto the stage, the performance area opened up to reveal a large pool of water. This, of course, had been installed into every contest hall to accommodate for aquatic Pokémon that could not perform well on land. Shiro's Milotic, Serena, was a perfect example.

"Serena, the stage is yours!" Shiro called as he threw his Ball Seal-encased Poké Ball into the water. It sunk to the bottom, and a faint light appeared as Serena emerged, rising from the depths surrounded by a flurry of pink and blue bubbles. Shiro ran towards his Pokémon, the Tender Pokémon lowering her head to allow him to ride her.

"Serena, let's start with an Aqua Ring!" Shiro commanded. Serena complied, letting out a melodious cry as 3 rings of crystal clear water began to rise from the pool, surrounding the Milotic as they spun.

"Alright, now use Ice Beam to freeze the Aqua Rings!" Shiro ordered. Serena tilted her head upwards, a blue ball of energy forming at her mouth. Bolts of bright blue lightning emerged form the ball, connecting with the rings in an arch, freezing them solid.

"Let's finish this up - Safeguard and Mirror Coat!" Shiro said, smiling. Serena let out a beautiful howl, her body sparkling with white light, an effect from the Mirror Coat. As she did this, a cylinder of green energy formed around Serena, the coloured light passing through the frozen Aqua Rings. This caused the light to reflect through them, making beautiful sun-like coronas of light appear around the already glistening Milotic. Shiro cheered as the crowd erupted with applause - he'd managed to capture the beauty of the sun using a Water-type Pokémon. Once the performance was over, Shiro gave Serena a well-deserved pat, before returning her into her Poké Ball and making his way off-stage.

"Well, I did it - make the sun with a Water-type Pokémon. That's gotta net some points in the creativity department for sure." Shiro thought aloud as he made his way to an empty change room to change into his regular contest attire.

18. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    "After that wonderful performance, we have Hikari Rio from Lumiose City!" the announcer cued, allowing Hikari to finally enter the stage. Being second to last in the Twinleaf Contest really put the pressure on her, but she decided to shrug off every single doubt and worry off. After all, what was the point of performing around this large crowd if she was to act cowardly?

"Blossom, dance for us!" Hikari said, twirling around as she began to throw Blossom's Poké Ball up in the air. When the white stream of light finally began to form in the shape of a Lilligant, multiple pink petals began flying in all the four different directions, followed by Blossom doing a pose. When Blossom finally reached the ground, Hikari knew that it was time for Blossom to dance.

"Dance with Leech Seed for us!" Hikari called out. Lilligant began to release small green colored seeds into the ground, slowly growing into vines that surrounded the Pokémon. Strange for a Pokémon who was fit for dancing, but what mattered is that Blossom was doing her best in this performance. It continued dancing while some of the vines kept on growing, before executing the next move given to it.

"Quiver Dance!" Hikari said. Blossom was quickly enveloped in a bright, white light. It began to move and dance around the stage, influencing the vines from the Leech Seed to sway in two different directions. While Blossom was using Quiver Dance, it left multiple afterimages of itself. By multiple, it meant that there were almost enough Lilligants in order to fill the stage!

Hikari had to get Blossom to act fast before her afterimages disappear. This was it, the climax. "Blossom, Petal Dance!" Blossom quickly looked at Hikari before nodding back at her, putting all of her focus into executing her next move. Blossom began to release multiple petals as she moved gracefully while still having Quiver Dance in effect, leaving not only afterimages of itself, but also the petals that were moving with Blossom as well.

The afterimages slowly disappeared one by one as the Quiver Dance ended, leaving a trail of Lilligants as Blossom moved. Once the Petal Dance ended as well, Hikari knew there wasn't going to be much time before Blossom gets confused. "Mega Drain, now!" she called out, not waiting for the confusion to kick in before she gave Blossom the command. Sure enough, before Blossom became confused, she was able to use Mega Drain on the vines created by the Leech Seed. Since it wasn't receiving power, the Mega Drain took all of the energy it had, causing it to disintegrate in the air, leaving faint, green sparkles that rained on the already confused Blossom, who tried her best to not look like she was confused.

An applause from the crowd followed afterwards; Blossom lost her balance, causing her to sit down back in the ground. Hikari quickly went towards her and helped Blossom get up, and the two waved afterwards. "Hopefully the dance you did was summer-y themed for the judges. After all, there wouldn't be a better definition of summer other than Alola," Hikari smiled, calling back Blossom when she finally got back inside the waiting room.

Pixel likes this.
  19. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    John's face remained neutral, but only because his age brought wisdom. Inside, he was definitely nervous. While his theme was still unique, the fact that someone else had based their performance off of Alola had still hit him. Despite his second-place ranking in the last one, John knew that it would make no difference in this appeal, so he and Mr. B would have to pull out all the stops. After Hikari stepped off the stage, the lights were lowered to the point where no one would be able to see him (as he had requested beforehand), and he quickly slipped out onto the stage and placed unlit torches in twelve points on the edge of the circular stage. He then took centre-stage as the MC announced, "Next up is John Maxwell of Eucreteak City!" The thirteenth torch, which he had held onto, burst into flames, illuminating both him and Mr. B. He then handed the torch to Mr. B while he sat down, pulled out a pa'u and began to play a beat with it, synching it with Mr. B's Own Tempo ability - due to the nature of the Pokémon, he was always dancing to his own internal beat.

"Begin with Teeter Dance!" John announced over the drum. Mr. B began to dance in a fluid fashion, spinning the flame-lit staff in a dizzying fashion. John followed Mr. B's movements, changing his drum tempo to match the ludicolo. "Alright! Time for Razor Leaf!" Mr. B began to shake while spinning the staff above him, lighting the leaves on fire as they launched outward. They landed on the posted torches, which then lit up the stage with a burst of flickering light. John could be seen more clearly: despite the tan lines, he had definitely spent the week of preparation by preparing his own body by eschewing most forms of clothing, so that his body looked closer to that of an Alolan native than the Johto native that he was. He had also donned traditional Alolan clothing beforehand that showed off his well-trained form, the cloak he'd used to hide it before the show under his seated form. His gaze was as intense as the fires that danced around them as he shouted, "Alright, finish this off with Swords Dance!" The torches lifted up and began to dance in the same pattern as the torch that Mr. B held. The ludicolo, which had been moving around the stage during his dance, returned to the centre and stuck the pole into the ground as the finale, causing the other poles to follow suit. This caused the extra fuel to jump up, making the flames flare up even more before returning to their normal size.

John, who had finished playing as Mr. B did his flourish, stood up and bowed with Mr. B to the audience, who was cheering for them. Slipping the cloak back on, he took up the poles and returned backstage, hoping in his mind that this was enough.

Pixel likes this.
  20. Cadbberry

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Leila paced backstage, her performance worried her, she was using another grass type, "were the judges going to dock points?" She wondered. Her heart was pounding out of her chest as the announcer called out, "Now we have Leila Heartgrove from Floraroma Town!" Leila walked out on stage, smiling, a flower crown atop her head and in a frillier outfit, a top that was green ruffles with a diagonal strap across her stomach to a frilly green skirt that went to her knees, it looked reminiscent of a bathing suit but more formal for the contest scene.
    Leila stopped at center stage and grinned, tossing her capsule and seal covered Pokémon into the air. "Let's start the show, Toren!" A bright flash of sparkles came from the Pokémon, the black and purple colors along with the sparkles reveal the shiny form of the Roserade. Blue stars poured from the ball like shooting stars, Toren used them like steps to flip and twirl its way to the floor. The audience applauded at the movements Toren made as he gave a slight bow to them. Leila giggled and clapped, "Alright Toren, let's start with a cool Magical Leaf!" Toren nodded and aimed both of its rose-like arms at the floor it began to release hundreds of magical leaves, most in a blue color, Toren moved his arms up and they became a wave of blue glowing leaves. The audience letting our oohs and ahs at the glowing wave, each leaf perfectly placed as to form the shape of an ocean wave. "Now! Why don't we show everyone how a grass type relaxes! Use Petal Blizzard Toren!"
    Toren nodded and ran past Leila, the high-fiving, well Leila low-fiving since Toren is only 2'11", and pink petals began to swirl around Toren like a cocoon of pink petals. The petals became like a Van Gogh painting as they swirled and locked together. Toren made contact with the wave of blue leaves the blizzard popped the magical leaf wave causing it to spill down like a crashing wave, sparkles followed the leaves as they spilled down and surrounded a now laying down Toren, the petals laying on the sea of blue magical leaves like little pink fish in water. Toren moved his rose hand through his large white rose petals on his head and winked at the audience like the flirty Pokémon he is. The audience laughed and looked at the ocean scene he had created with only leaves and petals.
    Leila smiled at the scene they had learned yesterday and how great it looks on a large level. "That was perfect Toren, now let's finish our scene! Use Seed Bomb!" Toren jumped up and pointed his rose hands at the ground, the small buds on the bouquet and jumped up as he launched Seed Bomb. It exploded on the ground causing a wave of energy as 3 popped out at once causing the leaves and fly into the air with a cascade of sparkles. Leila twirled around, "Now let your light shine with Mega Drain!"
    Toren closed his eyes and its flowers began to glow, his ability Technician beginning to take effect as the normal Mega drain becomes incredibly powerful Mega Drain. Toren swept his Mega Drain over the leaves and as they began to draw near he ended the move. This left hundreds of little white and yellow orbs floating like miniature Volbeat's dancing on the air. Leila beamed at her Pokémon, incredibly proud of his performance, and came to his side amidst the orbs of light and took a bow with Toren doing the same. "Thank you all!" Leila said overjoyed, she stood tall and waved, people, cheering loudly as she headed off the stage. Toren following behind her happily leaving a trail of rose petals as they went. "That was great Toren!" Leila squeaked when off stage, picking up the poison and grass Pokémon she hugged him and sit him back down.

Pixel likes this.