1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

IdolQuest - Pokemon Contest RP [Roleplay Thread]

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by Pixel, Aug 28, 2017.

1. BaroqueGrimoire

BaroqueGrimoire The Aureate Sorcerer

Nouveau
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽308.1
    Blue Orb ★★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    Ainsley stood backstage and sighed, looking at Gwydion with slight concern. His performance was considered to be too complex last time around, and now, he really wanted to do better. The shiny Gardevoir looked at him with a serene expression and patted his shoulder before placing a pair of sunglasses on his Trainer's head, so it held Ainsley's bangs out of his face like a headband. His outfit was far too summery to Ainsley's taste, consisting of a sleeveless forest green hoodie and beige shorts with white sneakers. Ainsley felt embarrassed, but decided it was best to shake off his fears.

"And let's hear it for Ainsley Hartigan from Petalburg City!" the MC called. Ainsley then walked onto the stage with glee.

"Come, Circe! Give our audience a radiant performance!" he called and tossed Circe's PokéBall in the air. The moment the ball hit the floor it opened and Ainsley's Delphox appeared from the burst of light, sitting on her knees. She bowed deeply towards the audience as a means of greeting them and took out her wand from underneath her fur.

"Well then... Circe! Use Mystical Fire!" he called out and at that moment, she stood up slowly, and the tip of the wand burst into flame. Circe then drew three large rings of fire with her blazing rod, which lowered themselves unto the ground surrounding Circe. Circe herself, however, stood fiercely amongst the rings of flames.

Ainsley grinned proudly at his Delphox. "Great job, missy! Now then... Use Psyshock!" he added. Circe's stoic expression vanished as she lifted up her wand with a large grin. Her entire body had begun to glow purple and, with a single and slow pirouette, she sent out a strange wave of purple energy over the stage floor. "She's doing so well!" Ainsley thought to himself. The flaming rings that were touched by the energy lifted themselves up in the air above Circe, forming three concentric circles of fire.

"And for your final presentation, call forth the summer sun and use Sunny Day!" Ainsley called and Circe put away her wand in her fur. Instead, she held out her paws in front of her and, from inbetween her paws, a small orb of light appeared. The orb glittered and glimmered beautifully and Circe tossed it up into the air between the burning rings where it stayed afloat, radiating brightly. With a final snap of Circe's fingers, the rings of fire burst into scarlet glitter, sending out waves of pleasant warmth towards the audience, mimicking the sun's rays.

Circe and Ainsley bowed together deeply and Circe blew kisses towards the audience as they trotted off to the backstage area where Gwydion was waiting.
    "You did great, Circe!" he cheered and hugged her tightly along with Gwydion. Circe smiled brightly and bowed deeply before being retreated into her PokéBall.

Ainsley and Gwydion then headed off to the waiting area, clearly very nervous about the results.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Pixel likes this.
  2. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,971.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    The judges were deliberating heavily about the scores, but eventually settled and Miss Marine stood up to address the contest hall to loud cheers from the public. Mr. Saito and Mr. Bananas waved to the crowd but stayed seated to allow their colleague to take the spotlight.

"Good afternoon and welcome to the Sandgem Contest. Our brave coordinators have been fighting to win this Beach Ribbon. I hope that everyone enjoyed the summer show as much as we have?" Miss Marine was met with a lot of wild cheers and whistles, causing the female judge to laugh. She waited a moment for the noise to calm down and then she continued.

"As you all know, we, the judges, have a scoring system that allows us each to give 5 points per category we decide to judge on, we add up everything and out comes the final score." Miss Marine explained quickly.

"This time we scored on the Theme, Creativity of the appeal, and the complexity of it. This means that coordinators can earn up to 45 points for this contest," said Mr. Saito, allowing Miss Marine to take a deep breath before she started with the scores.

"And here are the results! In seventh place is Maya Nijima with 20.5 points. While we are glad you stopped with the lyrical music, the performance wasn't up to par with the other contestants. You didn't show off your Braixen, instead you took away from her performance by participating in it so prominently. There still was a lack of communication between you and your partner." Miss Marine revealed, saddened that the coordinator hadn't taken up the judges' advice in the last contest.

"Next up is Hikari Rio with 25.5 points. It was a very nice looking appeal, but it reminded us more of Spring than it looked summery. In fifth place is Iolana White with 28 points. While it certainly reminded us of the Summer, with you and your Corsola creating a beach, it lacked in complexity and it wasn't the most original idea. Shiro Tadashi had placed fourth with 31 points. The performance was beautiful, but not adhering to the theme of the contest. Also riding your Milotic seemed really redundant to the judges as it had no added value to the appeal." Marina went through the appeals, giving a few tips as she went up the list.

"The second runner-up is Leila Heartgrove with an astounding 36 points. Very well done, it was very creative and a nice spin on the normal summer theme! And now I will announce the Sandgem Contest winner. The one, who will receive the Beach ribbon," she paused briefly for a dramatic effect. "John Maxwell with 38 points! The runner-up Ainsley Hartigan with 37 points. Please hold your breath as we want to give a few last remarks." Marine held up her hands as her fellow judges took the word.

"Ainsley, we were very charmed with your Delphox and her appeal. The show you gave was amazing and she really shone throughout the entire performance." Mr. Bananas nodded, his approval shining in his eyes.

"John, you have given us something different and out of the box that still fit in perfectly with the theme. You won justly." Mr. Saito finished for his fellow judges and Marine went to close it off.

"Thank you all for a lovely day here in the Sandgem Contest Hall. An applause please for your top three coordinators of today! John, congratulations on your win, enjoy the Beach Ribbon." Marine waved before she retook her seat.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    You won justly.

The sentence rang in John's mind as he hurriedly walked around outside after the results had been delivered. Despite the ribbon sitting snugly in his case, he couldn't help but feel bittersweet about the events. He certainly had given his all, and Mr. B had knowingly put himself in danger for the sake of the appeal, but his thoughts continued to drift toward his friend, Maya. The girl had really gone all-out in her appeal, enough that he thought for sure she would at least hit top 3, but now he couldn't find her. "I hope this doesn't stop her... but I don't know what to tell her to encourage her now," he mumbled to himself. "Still, I can't leave her alone. If nothing else, she needs someone there for her..." Filled with determination, he continued to look for the girl.

4. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Leila sighed and patted Toren's head, "Nice try bud, third place isn't bad for our second contest." Toren looked down "rose... roserade." Leila shook her head and hugged him, "You did wonderfully, it was beautiful, we will get it next time." She quickly changed and grabbed her stuff before heading out of the contest hall, Toren by her side chewing on a Pokeblock disappointedly. Leila spotted John, the winner of this contest, she smiled and came to his side. She tapped his shoulder gently, "Congrats on the win, you gave an amazing performance!" Toren refused to look at John but gave a low, "Roserade" in congratulations.

5. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,913.7
    "First I don't interact with the Pokémon very much, and now I interact with her too much...." Maya mused to herself. "So which is it? Where can I find a happy medium? I'm also a little mystified by 'lack of communication...maybe I wasn't meant to be a part of this at all."

6. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    @Cadbberry

It wasn't easy to sneak up on the man, but Leila had done it. So intent had he been on finding Maya that Leila's appearance had caught him off-guard. The surprise quickly replaced itself with curiosity as the girl congratulated him. "Thank you, Ms. Heartgrove. You put on an incredible performance as well; you should be proud." Turning his attention to the shiny roserade, he said to Toren, "I especially loved that Petal Blizzard. Your artistic talent is truly something to behold. I would be quite hesitant to face you in battle."

#126 Sep 20, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  7. Cadbberry

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Leila smiled wide, "Thank you very much, John, yours was rather wonderful, I could watch it over and over." Toren stuck his face in the air and flicked his hand through his rose top, sending light sparkling pollen toward him. Leila rolled her eyes, "That is his way of saying thank you, a rather rude one that we talked about" She scolded looking at him disappointed. Leila laughed nervously, "Sorry about that" she pulled out a lint roller and offering it to him, "With a Lopunny, fur is always on clothes...."

8. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    @Cadbberry

John simply chuckled. "I have a Roserade of my own, though she was not feeling up to Contests. But then, she was never a fan of colder climates, either..." He took the lint roller and began removing the pollen. "She likes to cover everyone with pollen when she's upset, so I'm glad that's not the case for Toren. But yeah, this Contest was very difficult, but Mr. B really stepped up to the plate for this one. I thought for sure I was going to lose, as all of you are incredibly talented..." His smile disappeared as he thought of his friend again. "Have you, perchance, seen Ms. Nijiiro? I'm concerned about her, given the circumstances..."

9. Cadbberry

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    She smiled, "Toren would try to sweep her off her feet, such a ladies mon." Toren chuckled and posed dramatically. Leila rolled her eyes and shook her head, "I am afraid I have not seen Ms. Nijiro, I just came out of the contest center after changing." She fixed her dress quickly noticing the strap slipping. "Is everything ok with her John? I can help you find her if need be."

10. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,913.7
  11. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    @Cadbberry

Smiling for a moment at Toren's antics, John quickly frowned even more. "She came in last place twice in a row... You can probably see how bad that sounds. She holds a lot of potential, and as both a teacher and a friend I want to see her reach her potential. Would you help me find her?"

12. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,913.7
    @ShinigamiMiroku

Hot tears ran down Maya's face--in her mind, she thought she had improved. But to come in last again? That really stung.

She mulled the possibility of just dropping out of the rally. I didn't come here just to be a bottom feeder...so what am I supposed to do here?

13. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Shiro exited the Contest Hall, a little disappointed in himself for getting fourth place again. But, he did understand what the judges had said - maybe his intentions weren't exactly clear with his performance. It was kind of hard to see the sun-like corona of light formed from the frozen Aqua Rings at a horizontal angle. He made a mental note to see if he could teach Serena how to use Aqua Ring, but tilted to be vertical. Perhaps he'd be able to use it in a future performance.

As he made his way around Sandgem Town, he noticed it was much smaller than Twinleaf Town - there were a few houses, a Pokémon Center and Poke Mart, the laboratory that belonged to Professor Rowan, and the beach that lead to the water routes of Route 219, 220, and 221. Apart form that, there were a few landmarks here and there, but the town just seemed generally empty.

"It doesn't look like there's much to actually do here..." Shiro sighed to himself, heading north towards Route 202. He opened his phone to check the Contest Rally app and see if there were any updates. Apart from the fact that it was set to be held in Jubilife City, there were no other details on the next contest.

"Guess they're being more careful with how they update the app. I wonder who got fired after what happened last time." Shiro chuckled to himself. Suddenly, there was a notification in a different section of the app. Shiro flicked to that section, letting out a soft gasp as he saw the news.

#133 Sep 20, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  14. Cadbberry

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Leila nodded and started to walk to town, "This isn't a big town, she can't have made it far." Toren ran up behind her, pointing to the center of town, a fountain with a girl sitting on it. "John, I think I might have found her." Leila nodded her head toward the fountain.

15. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    @Cadbberry @WavePearl

"Assuming she's still-" John began before they saw her sitting in front of the fountain. "... Sorry, please excuse me..." With that said, he walked closer to Maya, who had been facing away from where they were approaching from. As he got closer, he could not hear anything but clearly saw the trembling of her small form. "Hey..." he softly called out, putting a hand on her shoulder.

#135 Sep 20, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  16. Cadbberry

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Leila nodded at him and patted Toren's head, "Good eye Toren. Now then, shall we look around town." The two started their way around before Leila went into the Pokémon Center, returning Toren to his Pokéball and handing it to Nurse Joy to take care of. She sat in the waiting room for a few minutes until a Chancey came to her and handed the ball back. Leila bowed her head in thanks and headed back outside, her hands attempting to slip the ball back into her bag. Finally, Leila got it into the bag but running into and falling over a small sign at the beach's edge. "ACK!" She shrieked in surprise as she landed in the sand face first.

17. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,913.7
    @ShinigamiMiroku

Maya looked up to see John and smiled. "Hi there...Forgive me for looking like a mess." she stammered as she wiped away her tears. Lita was nearby with a box of Kleenex, concerned that her master was even crying to begin with. The sparkling Pikachu knew that this had to be serious if her master was crying.

18. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    @WavePearl

"You've nothing to apologize for," John replied as he sat down next to her. He handed her his kerchief, a silver-colored silk cloth. "I thought you could use a friend right now..."

19. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,913.7
    @ShinigamiMiroku

"Thanks." Maya accepted the hanky. "Are you sure you want me to use this to wipe my tears? It is beautiful...."

20. Enasencca

Enasencca Ace Trainer

Mercury
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽592.7
    Rage Candy Bar ★★★Rocky Helmet ★★★★★PokéBallPokéBallGreat Ball
    Although Io wasn't happy placing fifth, she was taking it well. For her first contest here in Sinnoh, she felt she had done reasonably well, even if she scored lower than expected. She made a note to do even better for the next contest as she drank her fruit smoothie in the Pokémon Centre. She could see the winner of the contest comforting the last place coordinator, who was crying. Io felt herself smile. How sweet.