1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

IdolQuest - Pokemon Contest RP [Roleplay Thread]

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by Pixel, Aug 28, 2017.

1. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    @WavePearl

"Of course," John replied, smiling nostalgically. "Mother would hang me if I let a girl cry on her own, and what's the point of a kerchief if not to soothe the tears of one?" Saying this, he grinned widely, hoping to get at least a chuckle out of her.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    "A special event will soon begin, please stay tuned for more details..." Shiro read aloud. "Huh, guess this is one of those second-chance events they mentioned at the beginning. Hopefully they update us with the details soon."

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Leila groaned and spat out a little sand, and brushed her legs and face off, "Oh phewy..." Her leg had a bit of a scratch from the sign and her cheeks and nose were pretty red from landing on them. She sat in the sand and pulled a small bandage from her bag and covered the scratch before standing up and dusting her bottom off. "Well that was not very graceful." She sighed, looking out at the mini beach.

#143 Sep 21, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  4. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    Hikari sighed. She wasn't really happy with the results, although maybe she didn't really show off summer that time. She was hoping that somehow, Blossom's dance would be good enough to remind the judges of summer. "Oh well, there's always next time."

She wanted to congratulate the others too. She didn't want to move on alone anymore, so she wanted to see if there was a way that she could travel together with the other coordinators.

5. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,898.9
    @ShinigamiMiroku

A tiny smile started to form on Maya's face as she dried her tears. "That makes sense, I guess."

Just then, her PokeNav buzzed with a message. "Hm...special event coming soon...stay tuned for details."

6. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    @WavePearl

John's buzzed as well. He took a moment to glance at it before putting it back, seeing as no important details had been given. "No point in worrying about it. Let's forget about the contests for a bit. Tell me, have you ever ridden a salamence?" he asked.

7. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,898.9
    @ShinigamiMiroku

"I've seen it done in the movies and in games..." Maya confessed. "But I know a few dragon trainers that can actually do it."

8. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    John grinned and pulled out a Pokéball. Salazar roared with joy as he appeared from the ball, though he quickly noticed the rather somber mood and reigned himself back in. John quickly hopped up onto Salazar and held out his hand. "Let's go! There's nothing quite like flying on a salamence, and Salazar has the best wings this side of Mount Coronet - that I can guarantee," he exclaimed.

9. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,898.9
    @ShinigamiMiroku

Maya took John's hand, and eased herself aboard the majestic dragon Pokémon. Maybe I've been going about this the wrong way... Maya thought to herself as she felt the Salamence's scales ripple with strength and power. I've been focusing so much on myself in these performances, that I forget to let the Pokémon shine. That's what contests are all about--let the Pokémon shine, not you.

10. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    @WavePearl

John smiled as she settled down behind him. "Alright, Salazar, nice and easy to start out with... let's go to Hearthome City." Salazar, understanding what he meant, gently began to flap his wings and take off into the sky, though he knew to keep to a low altitude so as not to jeopardize either rider. As they flew off eastward, Salazar slowly began to pick up speed, and soon they were flying quite quickly. John laughed happily as they sped along over southern half of the Coronet Range, flying through crevasses between the numerous peaks and dodging some of the taller trees in the area.

11. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,898.9
    @ShinigamiMiroku

The ride was surprisingly steady--Maya was awed at how beautiful Shinou looked from below. But when the Salamence picked up the pace, she was laughing with delight--riding a dragon Pokémon was fun!

12. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    @WavePearl

It wasn't too long before they touched down near Amity Square in Hearthome City, though Salazar decided to do a fly-by of the city so they could get a good view of the entire city. After landing, John slipped off and fed Salazar his favourite treat - a liechi berry - before helping Maya down.

13. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,944.4
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    @Pixel @WavePearl @⋆SeeU⋆Hime⋆ @Cadbberry @Tonochi @Enasencca @ShinigamiMiroku @Baroque Grimoire

Event Location: Pal Park, end of Route 221
    Event Details: Coordinatiors will be assigned a random Pokémon, and are to give a performance using only that Pokémon. There is no theme, and judging will be done based solely on how good the performance is. All Pokémon are fully-trained, can know a combination of any 4 moves they can learn, and will follow any order they are given. This event will have a 48 hour entry period, and entry is not compulsory.

Pixel: Yanma
    Wavepearl: Misdreavus
    SeeU Hime: Togetic
    Cadbberry: Aipom
    Tonochi: Hoppip
    Ena: Sunflora
    Shinigami: Gligar
    Baroque: Ledian

14. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Shiro's phone buzzed again - another alert on the app.

"Wow, so many so quickly? Oh, it's the details of the event! Hmm... it looks interesting, but my Pokémon is Yanma... I guess I'll skip this one, it does say 'not compulsory'." Shiro said to himself, putting his phone away. As he looked around the edge of Sandgem Town, he could see a few familiar figures making their way around town. They were probably his opponents.

"Looks like they'll be sticking around for a bit longer than me. Off to Route 202!" Shiro said to himself,, before making his way out of Sandgem Town, and on to Route 202.

15. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,898.9
    @ShinigamiMiroku

Maya winced when she read over the details of the event. "A Misdreavus...I'll be sitting this one out too--I've never worked with a Ghost-type before, and wouldn't have the foggiest where to begin."

16. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    @WavePearl

John looked down at the email and raised an eyebrow. "Don't blame you; ghost-types are notoriously difficult to handle. Took me a few years to fully synch with my dusknoir, and I had to ask Morty for help. Not looking forward to using gligar; had a gliscor, and he was a mean one. One of toughest Pokémon I ever raised... took a really close call for him to soften up. Still, I relish the challenge, so I think I'll take part in it. For now, though..." he put the PokeNav away and motioned toward the town as Salazar flew off to get some lunch. "Where would you like to go?"

17. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,898.9
    @ShinigamiMiroku

Maya was awed at the size of Hearthome. Celadon City would easily fit in there several times over, and there would sill be room!

"I...don't really know...where would you suggest?"

18. Enasencca

Enasencca Ace Trainer

Mercury
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽592.7
    Rage Candy Bar ★★★Rocky Helmet ★★★★★PokéBallPokéBallGreat Ball
    Hearing her phone beep, Io grabbed it and took a look. It was announcing a special contest, and the Pokémon she had received was a... Sunflora.

She had zero experience in grass types, being a water type trainer, but hey, there was no harm in trying right?

19. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    "Well," John said as he began to lead her around, "the main part of Hearthome is Amity Square, a Pokémon park. You can walk around with a Pokémon and interact in non-battle situations with other trainers and their Pokémon. Used to be limited to certain, small Pokémon like 'baby Pokémon', psyduck, and some others, but they recently expanded to allow for a more diverse community of Pokémon to interact and have fun." Gesturing to a large dome-shaped building between the two entrances to Amity Square, he said, "Of particular interest here, almost eclipsing the Gym - no pun intended - is the Contest Hall. The home of the Sinnoh Contest circuit, it's where everyone goes for the final rounds."

He then led her to a building on the eastern side of the city. "This is the aforementioned Gym. Its leader, Fantina, is not only a strong Gym Leader - she runs the Contest Hall and is a talented Coordinator in her own right. Keeps her busy, to be sure, but she loves the activity, despite her specialty being Ghost-types." He then chuckled at the memory that surfaced. "She was the reason I studied under Morty, as a matter of fact; her only Ghost-type rival outside of Hoenn's Elite-Four member Phoebe is Morty." An idea formed in his head and he turned to her. "How about I arrange for you to talk to Fantina? I'm sure she has excellent advice for you."

20. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,898.9
    @ShinigamiMiroku

"I suppose there's no harm in it." Maya smiled--the first time she had smiled in the past day. "Maybe she can tell me a few tips on letting the Pokémon shine, and how to avoid making the show about me instead of the Pokémon."