1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

IdolQuest - Pokemon Contest RP [Roleplay Thread]

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by Pixel, Aug 28, 2017.

1. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    @WavePearl

John chuckled and motioned for her to follow him inside the Gym. Apparently they were in the middle of maintenance, so the lights were all on. The duskull statues that formed neck-high walls did not have their eyes on, so while the shape was still slightly creepy they did not look nearly as threatening as they had the first time he'd traversed the narrow passageways. Quickly reaching the back, he silently held up a finger to his mouth and winked at Maya, then stepped forward and shouted "FANTINA!!!" at the top of his lungs.

"Ohohoho... even as you age... you're still an impudent brat, Maxwell..." Seemingly out of nowhere, a woman wearing a shiny purple dress appeared before them. Despite aging, Fantina retained her grace and charm. "And dragging a protege around? What nonsense are you up to this time? And a young girl, at that; I have to wonder at your motives..." she added, though her voice revealed her humour.

"Your grasp of the Sinnoh dialect has improved, Fantina," John replied, not falling for the bait.

Fantina smirked and replied, "And your skill in the Contests has improved greatly, Maxwell. I remember your graceless fumbling, all those years ago." Turning her attention to Maya, she said, "I have no need to guess why you are here, as I have been watching this year's circuit, as is my duty. Girl, you wish to improve as a Coordinator?"

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Leila looked out to the water but shook her head, "enough time with the water, we need to train or something" She started out to route 202, her heart a little heavy but holding her pride high. She had won the first ribbon so far, that was a good start but without much feedback, she didn't know what to work on. Finally, her phone began to beep with an alert, flipping it up she read over the new details. "A-An Aipom... Oh no, oh I am so bad with normal types." She gulped worried, she tried to remain her normal calm self but this was something she was not prepared for.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    Hikari's phone suddenly beeped. "Hm? What could this be?" she asked. When she checked her phone, it gave her a notification about the details of the next contest. A random Pokémon was to be given to her and the Pokémon assigned to her is a Togetic. "Oh, another Fairy-type! Maybe I can work things out with Togetic!"

Fairy-type Pokémon are usually Hikari's forte. Her family ran a perfume shop back at Kalos which let her work with Spritzees and Aromatisses. Plus, she has Floreta, the Floette and Frost, the Alolan Ninetales. Both are Fairies which gave her confidence in using said type. "Even though it's not compulsory, I think I'll participate and do my best here!"

Cadbberry likes this.
  4. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    As Shiro strolled casually through Route 202, his phone went off. It was another alert for the event.

"For those participating, head over to Pal Park immediately, as the event starts now. Trainers can use their own Pokémon to either Fly or Surf there, or take one of the many boats docked at the beach on Route 219." Shiro read aloud. "Guess that doesn't have anything to do with me."

Route 202 had been shorter than Shiro expected, and he soon arrived in Jubilife City, home of the next contest. He took about 5 steps into the town, before he was suddenly approached. There were two people - a young woman in a pink dress, and a man with a camera.

"Hi! We're with Jubilife TV, and we were wondering, are you perhaps Shiro Hidashi, from the Sinnoh Contest Rally?" the woman asked.

"Uh, yeah?" Shiro nodded. The woman squealed, grabbing Shiro's hands and jumping up and down

"Oh, oh! You have to come do an interview with us! The Sinnoh Contest Rally is the biggest thing in Sinnoh right now, everyone's talking about it!" the woman said excitedly. Shiro managed to let out an 'uh, sure", before being dragged by the hands across town by this woman and her cameraman.

5. Enasencca

Enasencca Ace Trainer

Mercury
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽592.7
    Rage Candy Bar ★★★Rocky Helmet ★★★★★PokéBallPokéBallGreat Ball
    Io blinked in shock at the notification before hurriedly throwing one of her dive balls into the sea, as the latest boat had already set sail. Immediately her Gyarados burst from the depths and made quite a lot of peoe scream.

Grinning cheekily and giving them a salute, Io hopped from the harbor and onto his back, before the two left for Pal Park.

6. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,937.8
    @ShinigamiMiroku

"Yes ma'am--I've gotten off to a bad start, and after pondering what the judges said both times, I've come to realize that my problem is focusing too much on me, and not enough on my team, when it is the Pokémon that need to shine." Maya explained. "So I come to learn from a master--how to I put the focus on my Pokémon and not me?"

7. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    @WavePearl

Fantina smiled sympathetically as she turned to pull a Pokéball off of a shelf behind her. "Tell me, young one - why is it that the Pokémon League tournaments are televised all over each region, with some being shown even all over the world?" she asked cryptically.

8. Cadbberry

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Leila seemed a bit frazzled, all of a sudden her plans to Jubilee were canceled in the middle of the route between, as her phone alerted her to head to Pal-Park. She was one of the few trainers who didn't have a flying type Pokémon or a water type. Leila turned on her heels, trudging back to Sandgem town to get on the boat. It should be docked there now, or so she hopped. She re-entered Sandgem town and walked back to the beach, route 220, 219 being the ocean its self. A boat just docking for the contests at Pal-park

9. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,937.8
    @ShinigamiMiroku

"The trainers and coordinators have worked very hard to get there, and the League strives for us to be the very best?" Maya guessed. She wasn't sure if Fantina had asked a trick question or not.

10. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    @WavePearl

Fantina scowled for a moment before releasing her drifblim. "Not quite, child. You see, they love watching the Pokémon in action - whether it be the furious action of battle or the well-timed movements of appeals. In the end, all trainers and coordinators are naught but vessels that carry Pokémon to different venues for them to showcase themselves. However..." she said as she began to groom the balloon Pokémon, "that is not to say that we trainers and coordinators are unneeded. Were this the case, then they would simply need to go out into the wild and watch nature take its course. However, we provide the missing component that is vital to a Pokémon's success or failure." She tapped the side of her own head before clarifying, saying "Our minds. Think of it as chess - you are the player, and your Pokémon are the chess pieces, each with its unique movements and attack patterns. The pieces themselves do the work, but you provide them the necessary opportunities for them to shine. Do not forget: even a pawn can defeat a king."

It was here where John cleared his throat. "Fantina, you're being too wordy again," he said.

"Cheeky brat," Fantina shot back before returning her gaze to the girl. "You have already won half of this personal battle - you recognize the need for your Pokémon to stand out in the contests, rather than your skills as a coordinator. Many do not ever understand this, and so fail at being both trainer and coordinator. You, however, shall succeed if you do not waver from this path."

11. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,937.8
    @ShinigamiMiroku

Maya contemplated what Fantina had said for a moment. "You do bring up excellent points...but how do I rally from the bad start I have? If I can even recover from this bad start in the first place?"

12. Cadbberry

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Leila boarded the boat, she seemed like a fish out of the water as the boat bobbed up and down. Her legs shook as the woman who was one with the forest was moved out of her element. She gulped and took a seat on the boat as it disembarked to Pal-Park. While the event was not necessary, she wanted as much practice and as much inspiration as she could get. She opened her ribbon case and ran her finger over the Twinleaf Ribbon, she was proud but wanted to show what she could really do, which was more. Leila pulled out her Pokédex and then pulled out a little guide to Sinnoh and began research on Aipom and tried to think of interesting combos while she was taken across the sea.

13. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    @WavePearl

Fantina raised an eyebrow. "Tell me, young one: how much does being a coordinator mean to you? Why did you become one?"

14. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,937.8
    @ShinigamiMiroku

"I was inspired by Grand Coordinator May, Grand Coordinator Dawn, and my mother, who is herself a great coordinator that now teaches coordinating at the local trainer's school." Maya explained. "I hoped when I first started I would be as good as the Grand Coordinators, and make my family proud. But at this point...I'm beginning to wonder if I made a mistake..."

15. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    @WavePearl

"So you do not do it because you enjoy it, but to live up to some legacy or be like those you admire?" Fantina asked. "If such is the case, then you will not succeed in your efforts. If you wish to become a top coordinator, then you must let go of your presupposed expectations." Having finished grooming her drifblim, she recalled it and put the ball back in the case before continuing. "Life is not about living up to expectations, or trying to be like other people. I know this, for I was just like you at your age..." Fantina said as a bittersweet smile appeared on her face and her eyes seemed to look back in time itself. "I moved here a number of years ago because I wanted to become somebody. At my home, I was a nobody, a random trainer that others fought and won against, so I had hoped that in this new land I would find my purpose. For awhile, I even took the name 'Melissa' to try and fit in as I took on many coordinator challenges.

"And I failed. Two years I tried hard to win, but repeatedly I would not even make it to the battle portion of the challenges, which is what I specialized in. Eventually, I quit and went on a journey of the land itself. I asked myself the same questions you ask now, and I came to realize that being a somebody is not a worthy goal. I reconnected with my beloved Pokémon and together we became strong. When I told my parents what had happened, they were not in the least surprised - they said that I needed to experience failure in order to grow as a person.

"I returned and began to experience victories as well as failures; it was another two years before I had won enough times to enter the Grand Coordinator Festival. For me, however, the real victory was finding myself, growing more comfortable with myself and my Pokémon. Eventually I became such a strong coordinator that I was offered the chance no coordinator gets: to join the League and become the gym leader here at Hearthome City. That was not a goal I had chosen, but by this time I realized it was an opportunity to become that much stronger in my coordinator skills, so I accepted. Many coordinators have come and gone; even May and Dawn will simply become pages in the annals of the history of Pokémon Coordination. What matters is for you to be sure of your path and never give up, no matter how long and hard the road ahead may seem."

John, for his part, was surprised at this admission. Fantina had never given many details of her life to others; she usually preferred to be a mysterious entity, so this meant that the woman clearly saw in Maya what he did.

16. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,937.8
    @WavePearl

Maya gasped at hearing Fantina's story. "So does this mean I shouldn't look up to anyone?" she stammered. She wanted to be sure she had heard Fantina correctly. Of course she loved to coordinate, but she had those she looked up to, as well.

17. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    @WavePearl

Fantina shook her head. "My grasp of this language is still not perfect. It is fine to admire others, but do not base your decisions on what they do. You walk your own path; no one walks your path, and you do not walk the path of others. Surely you have seen this just in your interactions with this foolish brat," she said, flashing a sly grin at John, who merely raised an eyebrow in amusement. "Your own competitors have all done different types of appeals, right? This shows that though they are coordinators they walk their own path. Find your own path. Also," she said as she turned her gaze back to Maya, her expression filled with compassion, "do not be so concerned with becoming good immediately. You are still young; you have far more time than someone like me. Take your time, enjoy the bond you have with your Pokémon, as well as with other people."

18. Enasencca

Enasencca Ace Trainer

Mercury
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽592.7
    Rage Candy Bar ★★★Rocky Helmet ★★★★★PokéBallPokéBallGreat Ball
    Io got there in the nick of time; the contest was just beginning. Cursing, the blonde recalled her Gyarados before hot footing it into the changing rooms.

Apparently they were considerate enough to give Io a matching outfit, which was a bright green and embroidered with flowers. Her owb hair was braided with flowers as well, which meant she matched perfectly with the Grass Type she was supposed to use.

Taking her place backstage, Io was given a Pokéball holding her partner for this contrst and a few minutes to improvise some kind of plan. As she waited the girl looked up a list of moves for Sunflora and began deciding how to go about with her performance.

"Up next, Iolana White from Hau'oli City!" Taking a deep breath, Io took her place on the stage and gave her best grin.

"Let's give them a performance they won't forget!" With a flick of her wrist she sent the Pokéball soaring into the air. There was a bright green flash of light in the shape of flower, before Sunflora appeared in a flurry of petals.

"Alright, start this off with Grassy Terrain!" She had been informed beforehand that her Partner had this as an egg move. She watched as the Sunflora gave a cheerful smile, raised its leafy appendages and danced gracefully. The Pokémon began glowing a light green. The pulsating light was released from its body and across the floor like ripples. Wherever the light touched the stage grass sprung up.

Soon the light show died down, leaving a beautiful meadow on the stage, the grass all still softly glowing. Io grinned and announced her next order. "Use Double Team Sunflora!"

The Grass Type obeyed, glowing a white color. White orbs of light soon appeared and dotted the meadow, before turning into a copy of Sunflora. The stage became a flowery Meadow as each Sunflora regarded the clapping audience, petals waving softly.

But Io wasn't done. "Let's finish this! Petal Dance Sunflora, then use Grass Whistle!" All the Sunfloras listened, beginning to sway, petals appearing and circling around them. At the same time they brought their leaves to their mouth and blew, an enchanting Lullaby filling the stage and bringing with it a sense of calm.

When the Symphony was over the illusionary Sunfloras disappeared in flashes of light, leaving only the original standing in the middle, illuminated by these flashes. The grass disappeared, the glowing green light receding back into Sunflora's body before dying down.

The Audience went wild, clapping and cheering. "That's it for Iolana White! Give her a big hand!" Thunderous applause followed the blonde as she took a bow, recalled Sunflora and headed out.

Pixel likes this.
  19. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    "Goodness," Hikari muttered, "the everyone's performing so well." She had a few minutes to talk with Togetic and form a small bond with it. When she looked at its moves, she gasped in surprise. "You have quite the interesting moves here..."

Hikari was afraid and nervous. This was the first time she was working with a random Pokémon, but she wanted to make this a memory she can't forget. "And now, let us welcome Hikari Rio from Lumiose City!" The announcer called. She took a deep breath and collected all of her thoughts. "Remember," she thought, "this is all about Togetic and how the audience will react."

Hikari threw Togetic's Poké Ball into the air, yelling "Go, Togetic!" When the white stream of light emerged from the Poké Ball, another stream of light followed that branched into different streams of light, forming a crown when Togetic made its entrance. It was really enthusiastic and was prepared for the contest. "Fairy Wind!" Hikari called. Togetic began forming a big mass of pink, fluffy mist that surrounded the entire stage.

"Now use Light Screen!" Hikari commanded. Togetic began forming multiple circular rings after hearing the move. They were all scattered around the stage, much like the pink mist that was already present. "Use Aerial Ace!" Togetic then began to spin around, getting ready for the Aerial Ace. Consequently, the mist from the Fairy Wind began to surround Togetic who was spinning in a drill-like motion.

Hikari then smiled. This was it, the climax! " Pass through the Light Screens!" Togetic then began passing through the Light Screens one by one by using Aerial Ace, each time making it disappear and form crystal-like shapes as it disappeared along with the mist that the Fairy Wind produced. Of course, passing through them waa no easy task, but the credits go to its ability Hustle.

When Togetic finished, Hikari finally decided to finally end the performance. "Dazzling Gkean!" Togetic then began to shine in a bright light, the light fusing with the crystals that were formed earlier producing a rainbow-like structure that only lasted for a few seconds.

"What a spectacular display from Hikari and Togetic! Let us all hive them a big hand!" And with that, the crowd began applauding their performance.

Pixel likes this.
  20. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,937.8
    @ShinigamiMiroku

Grateful tears formed in Maya's eyes. "Thank you...but how to begin finding my own path?" she asked. "If I'm starting over from square one, where do I begin?