1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

If given the opportunity to see into your own future, would you?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by colours, May 29, 2018.

1. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    Keep in mind that the future is always going to be based on actions you do in the present. Would you take the opportunity to look into your future and have that decide your present actions, or just live purely in the present undaunted by whatever the future holds?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 May 29, 2018
    Last edited: May 29, 2018
  2. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I probably would cause I'm curious like that, but with my luck, I wouldn't like what I see, but once I get there be ok with it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. PokemonMozzy

Flamey
    (Charmander)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽154.5
    Water Stone ★★★
    My actions in the presents will make me think mixed if im going to like the future , but ill be curious to see what the future has in store for me

4. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Is that future set in stone? If so, then nah, I'd rather wait and see what happens. If I can do something to avoid a bad outcome, maaaaaybe. I'd be really cautious when it comes to time travel stuff though. Ripple effects are real.

5. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    While the future may not be set in stone, the problem here is being paranoid of the changes in the future with every action you do in the present. What I'm basically asking is whether or not you would be able to live with that. Even if your future is a good one, a simple slip-up in the present can change all that -- you know, the ripple effect and all.

Would you be mentally prepared for the consequences (both good and bad)?

6. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,620.6
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    Mentally prepared for the consequences? Probably not, knowing me I'd stress so much I would probably mess everything up (or think I did so)...

7. Blood-Umbreon

Blood-Umbreon School Kid

King
    (Nidoran♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽21.1
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Mm I would if it helped my passion and dream to one day either go to the Pokémon world or to bring Pokémon to our world~. I would never regret my decision...and I would love to hug the family I raised since gen 1 and 2.

8. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Sometimes I think it is wiser to not know and forge my own path than to know and follow and predestined sort of path just because I have an idea of what my future would be like.

9. Smarty_Pants001

Eevee
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽780.4
    This would be a dilemma in two ways for me: If I did look into the future, I would probably stress about making sure it does or doesn't happen (depending on whether it was good or bad), but if I didn't look into the future, I'd stress that I was making a mistake by not looking into the future, and that it would give me valuable information.

10. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I would want to know, just so I can see the potential good that my future holds. If I saw something amazing, I would be way more optimistic about my life. Presently, I have a very dim outlook simply because I don't know what I want to do in my life. It feels like so many doors have closed for me that it's hard to even imagine what the future holds. I think looking into the future would give me at least something that I could work towards or away from.

11. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    Noooo. I'd probably grow despondent over whatever I saw and wind up killing myself to avoid it. Either that, or I could become so fixated on it that I could pass up some amazing opportunities just to get a more stable, "guaranteed" future instead...which would be just as bad in some ways.

12. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    Yes so I can change it.
    Or prepare for it.

13. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    Nah I'm good. I still worry about what my future holds and where I'll be in life even two years from now, so I'd rather not see it in case it's something I wouldn't be satisfied with. That and it's just weird knowing what will happen to you in the future... I like things being a mystery. :sweat:

14. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I think I'd rather wait and just experience my life as it continues along. Especially if I knew something terrible would happen. I'd just end up worrying about it for my whole life until it actually happened.

15. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,644.3
    I would look into the future to steel future-me's ideas. It's not plagiarizing if a) I'm the one who wrote it and b) it hasn't been written yet.