1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

If I could turn back time

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Dawn, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    If I could fiiiiiiind a waaaaaaaaaay
    I'd take back those words that've hurt you and you'd staaaaaaaay

If you could go back in time and relive one day in your life, which day would you choose and why? What would you change, if anything?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Moonstruck-Mist

HoverBoots
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 35
    PokéPoints:
    ₽544.9
    Personally, if I could turn back time, I'd go to whenever I began to flinch whenever someone would raise their hand to me, or why I'm even scared of people in the first place. I'd go back just to know what caused me to be so aware and separated, just to know and understand. I want to know what happened to me to make me so scared and separated.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,338.0
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    It depends. You would keep the memories that you already have in the present, right? If not, then what's the point of going back? You'd just repeat history and make it so that the same thing happens. What controls the fact that you do something different? Therefore, I would go back to the day I was born. If I don't keep my memories, I'd just relive my life up until this moment, nothing special there. If I do... I'd be studying geometry and writing at the age of 1. Then I'd proceed to abuse that ability to gain more knowledge and, if given the chance, use this new knowledge to go back to day one all over again. I'd live through a lot of pain, but I'd grow smarter as time goes on, and in the end, (hopefully) more intelligent than the end I would meet in this timeline.

4. Roman

Roman Black Belt

Odd Egg (S)
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽43.3
    Probably to a day where my grandfather was still alive and, if keeping the memories, try and learn more of the language and culture my family has since buried

5. Wings

Static
    (Shinx)
    Level 100
    PokéPoints:
    ₽677.2
    I wouldn't strictly change anything, I guess. A lot of my present and future (aka moving) has been determined by my parent's jobs. I can't really...go back in time and change their jobs, just because it would feel wrong and change the entire fundamental nature of who I am. My life has been shaped by music (my parents are musicians) and to reverse that would be weird.

I think if I could travel back in time, just for a moment, it would be to give middle school Wings or even elementary school Wings a hug. She definitely needed it, and I'd tell her everything would be okay in the end and that she wasn't alone in her sorrows.

6. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    I'd take myself back to when I was applying to college and do a lot of stuff differently and talk to myself about the process and where I was going from there. A lot of decisions I've made in college as well stems from not having older siblings/people to guide me to the best possible outcome I feel and hindsight is a really powerful tool.

7. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    I'D GO TO THAT DAY WHEN I PROPOSED TO MY EX!!!!
    And say to myself, "Aaaah, gurl, stop! You're gonna meet a much much better guy in future!"

8. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    I'd relive the day when I went to San Diego with my family before everyone hated each other and I didn't have depression lol.

9. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    I’d go back to the end of my eighth grade year and tell myself that transferring schools would not get me away from unpleasant classmates. What would help is gaining self esteem, making more friends, and learning to not worry about what others think of you.

Admittedly, this would completely change the course of events that happened in the last four years, but I wouldn’t be falling into the same pitfalls.