1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

If you could change LV, would you?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jeydis, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,343.1
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    If you could bring a change to LV, no matter how crazy, what would it be?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. LassusVulpes

LassusVulpes Eclipse Holder

THE BIGGEST FLEX
    (Giratina (Origin))
    Level 55
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.1
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    There's something about the lay out that makes it look reallly cramped, meaning I need to zoom out a little but that makes some things look really long. So maybe some way of making it easier on people who need to zoom out the site?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    WavePearl and SAF like this.
  3. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,326.3
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    I'd give polls a "maximum amount of choices" option where users could vote but only for a certain number of choices. I don't think that's a thing at the moment. And definitely not become the ruthless overbird of the site and put Fletchlings everywhere hahaha no why would I ever do that

SAF likes this.
  4. Skdebop

Arcoos
    (Arceus)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽71.5
    only 2 things 1. easier ways to get poke points like minigames 2. more things to do aside from looking at threads

5. LassusVulpes

LassusVulpes Eclipse Holder

THE BIGGEST FLEX
    (Giratina (Origin))
    Level 55
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.1
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    aight, 1. There is a few ways to get PP, there's Loto tickets *which like, no one buys*. You can just generally be active *but not spammy, spam doesn't = active* , ask a few members who have stacked up on pp, in https://lakevalor.net/threads/request-a-donation.1170/

2. This is a forum site, there's not gonna be much other than write /respond to Threads. You can find many interesting stories by the members of LV at https://lakevalor.net/forums/literature-library.91/ . But generally I don't think stuff like adding Mini games would quite work. This site is held by sticks and duct tape, but it's a good area to be in .

6. Skdebop

Arcoos
    (Arceus)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽71.5
    its ok i understand sorry sometimes i can be pretty stupid sorry for making you waste your time writig that whole scentence :sweat:

#6 Jan 14, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
  7. Jeydis

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,343.1
    No need to apologize, Lassus is just thorough. all of the above are correct, in addition we do hold events during certain holidays where you can earn PP as well as things like medals or special Pokémon catches. Another way to earn PP, if you have some art inclinations is the marketplace where people can order things like sprites, sketches and signature artwork from you. You can find that here: https://lakevalor.net/forums/market.10/

Edit: Oh I almost forgot, I would actually love to have minigames but they are tricky to code and anything with the Pokémon IP is probably a bad idea with big daddy nintendo being as protective as they are with their IP.

8. vaporeon

vaporeon Banned

Eevee (K)
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽0.0
    yes i would add some things but that would take a wile. i wish i knew how to make a game. what i would add would be trading Pokémon and badling

#8 Feb 24, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2022
  9. ChaosFox

ChaosFox Swimmer

Sparkles
    (Jirachi Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽333.1
    Can I point out something about being active one here. Problem is the most active place on here are the Games forum (Which gives no points ) and the RP forum which well with no open group role plays open makes it hard to be active there (not sure of it awards points or not). And yes I could approach someone for a one on one but I am always shy about approaching people for role plays and I have tried leading a forum rp and both times it just flat out failed >.< . And as far as setting a shop..... I am not artistically inclined out side writing and with that I do not think I am that great. though I do have rp partners on other site that would argue that I am good, so there is no point in doing a shop.

Anyway The above was not a complaint as much as just I was point out that Saying Being active or setting up shop..... not the most intuitive suggestions for everyone (especially setting up a shop) Also Neither is the lotto ticket I was going to try it out but haveing to pick m own numbers..... that makes it even more unlikley one would win (unless it's rigged >.< ).

So before I go though as far as changes go well I can not think of anything that I would personally change well I guess I will agree with LassusVulpes that it does feel kind of cramped. It has not caused a sereious issue in my using it but I can see his point on how it might.

Also before I leave I am bye no mean saying someone needs to or should start a new group rp due to what I said I just wanted to point out that it seems (at least to me) one of the more active areas of the site.

10. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,696.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    As a resident roleplayer, I feel the urge to point out that yes, posting in the RP forum does give you activity points. Not sure about PP, but at least your post count will go up in there.

Back to the topic, I just wish there's a "delete" button like the other forums I've ever seen...

11. Jeydis

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,343.1
    Can confirm it gives PP as well. Only the game forum is ignored for post count/points.

For the RP forum, nothing preventing one to start a RP for others to join (even a non-one on one) if you are so inclined. And though those forums are the ones with the most activity there are lots of others to be active in to get points. My main concern earlier is that "vaporeon" and similar young users tend to try and spam threads to try and get points. Multi posts tend to get deleted and the points are removed from the user so no one wins.

Another way to get points is to participate in events on the site, keep an eye on the news desk we post there when new events occur (like the up coming April Fools events)