1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

If you could explore one old region in these games...

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Achromatic, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Which would you pick?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Skullbash

Skullbash I will become the Pirate King

Ralts ♂
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,895.3
    GS Ball ★★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    It may be a bit cliche but I've always enjoyed Kanto far more than the rest. I enjoy the Pokémon better and I like the geography as well.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Furie likes this.
  3. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Kanto's closest, so that would make sense, wouldn't it? And since it's connected to Johto and they just released gold and silver, if it happened maybe we'd get 2 for 1.

Furie likes this.
  4. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Kanto would make sense as it's got the closest ties with the Sun/Moon games, the protagonist coming from over there. I'd also like to see it as it's been a while since we've been able to explore Kanto, and I'd love to see what it looks like with updated graphics.

5. Wiso Altred

Wiso Altred Dragon Tamer

tetsu
    (Ledyba)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽66.8
    In S/M you could possibly drift onto Johto or Sinnoh I'd personally love it if Sinnoh was the next region onward, You'd have 8 badges and be the first Alola champion to officialy challenge the other regions and fulfill Kukoi's dream of "Showing the world what Alola's got!"
    And if its anything like HG/SS The levels are gona spike up like crazy, so Cynthia might have a level 80 mega-garchomp and a Blackhole Eclipse Spiritomb

Aspect wise The trio of Azelf Mesprit and Uxie are kind of like the Koko's since each represents a certain trait and protects the region if everything goes wrong.

Also A/M/U protect the world from D/P/G while Tapu Koko/Bulu/Lele/Fini Protect it from UBs

6. Beffie

Beffie clear your cache

beautiful and perfect
    (Feebas)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,170.2
    Crown of ValorDawn Stone ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    I know these games just got remakes, but I'd love to see Hoenn in these games!! As we all know I'm Hoenn trash so I'd like to see a Gen7 style Hoenn. But it wont happen i cry

7. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    Well, with Mantine as a new Ride Pokémon, maybe there could be a course to get to Kanto after the story and return to the player's hometown (which town, though?) Or maybe some research into the S/M player's backstory.
    #MissingNo

8. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Kanto for sure. Our character is from there, so it'd be cool to go back to wherever our hometown is and see what's up!

9. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    Sinnoh all the way! The Ultra Wormholes remind me of the portal Giratina created in Platinum, an anomaly in the time-space continuum ;w;

10. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,943.7
    I want a portal to open up in the post game that takes you to Kanto, but with the twist of being the Kanto from S/M's universe rather than US/UM's. That way you could follow up with what happens to Lillie after S/M and maybe even meet your old character if you have the game linked to a Pokémon Global Link account.

11. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I'm wondering that maybe Sinnoh could be somehow integrated into USM. Dialga, Palkia and Giratina all have their own dimensions (Temporal/Spacial Dimensions I believe, as well as the Distortion World). And with the new Ultra Wormhole mini game, maybe we might accidentally fall into one of these dimensions... hehehehe

12. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    I would love Hoenn to appear! I barely saw a Hoenn reference in the original SM games and the region had so many great and memorable characters that can't be neglected. And we've had enough of the Gen 1 pandering anyway.

This is Gen 7, not Gen 1. God, I'm so sick of all the Kanto references...

13. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    It's either Kanto or Sinnoh. If one of the two make it in, I will squeal with delight.

14. Geroniny

Geroniny The Spacecraft Of Miracle

Azure
    (Kyogre)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽771.9
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Blue Orb ★★★★★Charizardite X ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    Unova Or Kalos.
    They Have A Great Story In Their Game, I Want To Visit Both.

15. Fizzysoda

Fizzysoda Valor Lake Cryptid

(Jirachi Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,390.9
    Soda Pop ★Reaper Cloth ★★★Amulet Coin ★★★
    As much as I want Unova to be brought back in full 3D glory because it's my favourite region second to Hoenn, I think Hoenn would make more sense. Exploring the sea routes & deep-sea trenches on a Mantine/Wailord(?), and there's also that whole space center & wormhole thing they mentioned in ORAS. Could Deoxys possibly be a virus from Ultra Space? Who knows?

16. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,943.7
    It should be noted that if they were to add an old region into the games, they would probably want to go with whatever region it's been the longest since we've been able to explore, since they would effectively be introducing the region to a new generation of fans. Right now that would be Sinnoh, which hasn't been in a game since Platinum in 2008, nearly a decade ago. However, since it's pretty much guarantied that Diamond and Pearl remakes are coming in the next couple years (maybe next year to coincide with the tenth anniversary of Platinum?) that leaves Kanto and Johto tied for the next oldest, since they haven't been in a non-virtual console re-release since HeartGold and SoulSilver in 2009. Now, it would be awesome if they could include both, but extremely unlikely as it would be a huge drain in resources, take up a lot of space, and be several times larger than Alola, the main area of the game. Between the two, Kanto seems more likely, since it would tie into the characters and story more and because of Gen 1 appeal.
    But fear not, people who think Gen 1 is already overrated. Even if Kanto makes it in, it's still an opportunity to make something new. Judhing from Red and Blue's designes in Sun and Moon, it looks like roughly 8~10 years have passed since Red and Blue take place, and a lot would change in that time. Cities could be larger or smaller, new routes could be made while old ones fall into disrepair, characters move on with their lives and may not be in the same positions as they were before. If two Gym leaders got replaced in the three years between Gen 1 and Gen 2, then imagine how many would change in the ~7 years since then. People from the other regions could even have moved to Kanto or be visiting, letting us catch up on a lot of old fan favorites from other games. The possibilities are endless.

Short Version: Kanto is the most likely region to be included, but it could be very different from the Kanto we know.

17. GoddessDiancie

Sleep Inducer
    (Jigglypuff)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11.7
    Johto. I loved playing the games and the Pokémon are great! One of my favorite regions, it would be awesome to go back.