1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

If you could live anywhere, where would you live?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Eclipse, Dec 17, 2017.

1. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I'm sorry, Sheep. I had to.

Anyway, going off our lovely friend Sheep's current topic about living places, it's evident that, apparently, a fair handful of us would rather live somewhere else different than we do right now.

So, if you could move somewhere else (assuming time and money aren't factors), such that you would like where you live, where would you move to, and why? (The 'why' I believe is the most important - there are a lot of places in the world with similar things, but what sets your dream destination apart?)

Discuss!

Sheep likes this.
  2. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    Probably Portland, Oregon... it’s a very pleasant, kind of hip place where all the young’uns be. My brother lives there, living expenses aren’t bad, it overall seems like a very pleasant place. Either there, or Scotland.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    France, it's near many countries and has a rich culture and it would be nice to experience living there. It also has a ton of nice scenery and the food would actually have taste.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    Somewhere in Canada! I'd be interested in Vancouver if it weren't so expensive, since insane prices are something I'm trying to escape as someone who currently lives in NYC. I'm also extremely interested in Montreal and Quebec City... The former is especially affordable for a big city. I know salaries are generally lower and taxes are higher in Canada though, but even so, it seems much less stressful for a professional to survive in Montreal living alone than in NYC.

Also France. lol you can tell I love all things French. <3 As long as it's outside of Paris =p I love the country and culture, so I'd love to live in a French city that isn't as overwhelming as Paris. Maybe Toulouse or Montpellier or something? Germany also sounds awesome.

As far as the US goes, I like rural mountainous areas. I know it wouldn't work long term since I'm not interested in driving, but there's something so charming about the woods and towns in Pennsylvania (and New York state).

gah this makes me wanna pack up my stuff and go on an adventure

5. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    I said this in Sheep's thread, but I think it would be cool to move to a big city! Specifically Chicago or Kansas City, they're still in the Midwestern US and less than a day's drive to Iowa so I would be able to visit family. Big cities seem fun as last summer I visited Chicago for the first time and was blown away by how much there was to do. And they both have fairly good baseball teams, haha.

6. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Germany. I have a fair amount of close friends there and I can speak the language to an extent. But I would also love to live somewhere that is on the colder side. I am very intolerant to heat.

7. Furie

Furie Black Belt

Slagros
    (Umbreon)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽60.9
    I'd love the chance to live anywhere in Japan for awhile. But no matter what I think I'd like to end up in a cozy mountain or forest home. Something not too big but with beautiful views of nature.

8. dangokura

dangokura what is happening ;w;

Mythical eggo
    (Celebi Egg)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.2
    as i said in sheep’s thread, i’m content with where i live now! but if i had to live somewhere else, japan, maybe? good food and really pretty :”)

9. Tepig

Tepig The Talking Tepig

Fire Nation
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽595.9
    Assault Vest ★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★
    Japan. The motherland of videogames! And I've also been inteigued by their culture and history for a long time.

10. Rezna

Rezna Every Day's Great at Your Junes!

Why do eggs break ffree
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽35.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Water Stone ★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I’d like to live in P.E.I., a place in Canada. If not Canada I’d like to live somewhere close to it like NYC or Washington, or stay here where I live.

11. DemonicKraken

KIRA
    (Clamperl)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.6
    Legendary Triforce ★★Star Piece ★★★★
    Japan if it has an area where a lot of people speak English. Cant be bothered to learn Japenese. If not, I dunno.

12. Owly

Owly Friend of the Eco, Foe of the System

Torako
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,981.7
    I wrote this in Sheep's thread, but if I could live anywhere I'd want to be in Scotland, the Borderlands specifically. It is absolutely gorgeous there. When I went this summer, it was less than an hour's train ride from Edinborough; then it's all long rolling plains and acres of land with small towns scattered between. I love the suburbs, even though I'm a city girl, and I'd like a little place walking distance from a town, train distance from Edinborough. That means there's plenty to do and plenty of places to go!

13. Hikari

Hikari Poké Maniac

Ryu
    (Trapinch)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽450.7
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Honestly, I am not sure. I think a cool place would be Japan (although I only know a little bit of Japanese).

To be honest, I think a place with a lot of nature would be really nice and a good change of scenery. I would like to live in a place like that. I just don’t know exactly where, haha.

14. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    Back in Ontario where I made $900 on dsp as opposed to a measly 500 here

15. Pokémist

Pokémist Trashcan

smol heart
    (Luvdisc)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,860.3
    Tapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    If time and money aren't the factors I'll travel the world around lol. But really if am asked to live somewhere I'd live in New Zealand or Netherlands or Denmark. New Zealand because of scenery and environment. Denmark 'cause I read a lot about that place and I really like it. Netherlands because I have somewhere 16 friends there lolol. And plus its really a nice place with so many nice people~

16. SawstheSawsbuck

SawstheSawsbuck Sir Sawsbuck

Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽560.5
    Master BallLegendary Triforce ★★
    Canada where it's legal to own a pet deer :D

17. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    Scotland, where it is cold, wet, and miserable all year round...with breathtaking scenery, delightful accents, and the possibility of not being totally screwed over in March 2019 when the UK is due to leave the EU. Scotland is looking very promising right now and if my health ever permits it I will be looking into moving there as soon as possible.

18. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    Canada! It's always been a far off dream of mine to one day live in Canada for so many years, and it's more for the nature/weather/cultural aspect than anything else.