1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

If you had the chance to develop the 'next big thing'

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Reckless, Mar 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reckless

Reckless Won't take the easy road

PokéPoints:
    ₽666.6
    (Pretty sure this was around before but shhh)

Now is the age of technology. We can't ignore it if we live an urban lifestyle, it's simply everywhere. In less than two decades we've seen the launch of smart watches, 4K flatscreen tvs, 3D printers and a plane powered only by solar energy.

Now put that aside for a minute and turn the spotlight on yourself!

Imagine you found yourself in a position to develop the 'next big thing'; that is, a gadget, gizmo, or piece of machinery so brilliant, it would revolutionise the way we do certain things on a scale of what the humble wheel did for humans so, so long ago. You don't have to worry about incurring any costs, have infinite resources at your disposal, and as many top professionals in their domain of expertise to turn to for assistance and guidance as you see fit.

So then, what sort of brand-new invention would you like to develop?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    I would probably attempt to develop a web school that would interactively teach programming for a flat rate per month.

This way, a person could learn at their own pace, ask others for help and for tutoring, and learn as much or as little as they need. I know there's code.org, codecademy, and several others like this, but I never felt genuinely happy with my experience in those sites. The interactive learning base in codecademy are pretty ideal, but the site doesn't go very far into what languages can actually do--which upsets me.

It'd be a pretty cool way to get things started for some that are interested in a career in a computerized field, I think.

3. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 37
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,687.2
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    An anti gravity bed. That's what I want. so instead of resting on the mattress, You simply float suspended in the air. Maybe add in optional heating and cooling elements. I've had so many times though where the mattress makes me super hot. It'd be cool not to have a mattress (no pun intended) I'm sure there are flaws but I'm chosing to ignore them for now

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Nator

Nator Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    Wireless charging for devices such as phones, tablets, laptops etc. on the go, anywhere you go. All you would need is your 4G (probably 5G by then) connection with an option in your device to enable/disable wireless charging. Ideally, I'd like to make this possible without the use of solar power, and with a very low frequency of radiation, if possible.

5. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    That's actually a pretty cool idea, but I'm not sure how comfortable that would be XD

@[member="Nator"] why not use solar power? Solar power would seem to be one of the best solutions (not to mention green) for that sort of idea.

6. Nator

Nator Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    The sun isn't always out, especially where I live, which would result in potential interferences and malfunctions.

7. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    Do you think there could be a possible alternative? Maybe a dual sort of deal with both Solar and sometype of other alternative?

8. Nator

Nator Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    Perhaps high-powered wireless connections to other states or areas that produce sunshine that can somehow retransmission the energy to the area(s) that don't see much daylight. The level of technology I'm speaking of is far, far away from where humans currently stand as an intellectual whole. If we're lucky, we might see it played out in our lifetime.

9. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    I've always wanted to develop something big that would blow people away. One day I'm going to do something like this for LV, and I think it will be pretty amazing. Just gonna take me quite a few years, haha.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.