1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

If you were to remove one pokemon.

Discussion in 'Festival Plaza' started by IvarZeNorwegian, Sep 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IvarZeNorwegian

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Wich one would it be?

Volcarona here, I just dislike it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Deltheor

Deltheor The Demon of Shikoku

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    I respect your opinion, but you are wrong. Volcarona is a beast and a force to be reckoned with- its special offenses are horrifyingly strong, its speed is great, and its special defense is fairly solid. Its only true weak point is its low defense (which is covered by Flame Body) and 4x Stealth Rock weakness, but that can be worked around with some support. It is scary as hell in sun teams, surprisingly useful on rain teams, and a complete monster on its own.

It gets access to many very good moves, the staple of which is Quiver Dance. It's a great move and it's horrifying on Volcarona, boosting its already high special attack, special defense, and speed. It also gets moves like Fiery Dance, Psychic, Solar Beam, Heat Wave, Hurricane, Bug Buzz, and even Giga Drain as a tutor move in BW2.

While it is somewhat predictable in the fact that a Volcarona will 9 times out of 10 be running Quiver Dance, its actual moveset can be quite varied. You can run a set that works in the sun with Solar Beam and fire-type moves, you can run a coverage set that hits most Pokémon for at least neutral damage, or even a rain set that runs Hurricane. Its stupidly high special attack coupled with Quiver Dance makes it incredibly versatile and a very hard Pokémon to take down, especially once it sets up. You can even boost its power even more by giving it Life Orb, or helping its recovery by giving it Leftovers.

Volcarona has lots of Pokémon that can counter it, but it is still a very, very powerful Pokémon. Many Pokémon risk getting KO'd if they switch in on the wrong move. Attack with a Physical move and you risk a crippling Flame Body burn. Try to attack with a Special move and you might not break through Volcarona's special bulk (especially after Quiver Dance). The only way to properly cripple it is to set up Stealth Rocks ASAP, which can be countered with a Rapid Spinner/Defogger on your team.

Again, opinions are opinions, but Volcarona is overall a very solid and scary Pokémon. It is also one of my top three favorite Pokémon of all time, so I may be slightly biased.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. IvarZeNorwegian

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Let me specify, that is JUST why, I dislike it, because it`s so OverUsed. I get it, it`s a great Pokémon, I do alot of battling after all, I just dislike how, IMO, easy it is to use, Then again that at this point might be Instinct. I dunno.

But Yeah, I dislike it, not for being "OP HURR DURR" BUT because I feel like every noob can slap a volcarona on a team and make it work. Wich is Nice for the guy using it I Guess.

Otherwise, I LOVE it`s design and have nothing else against it. But it`s enough.

4. Sachi-Shimazu

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.8
    A few months ago I would have said Muk, but this one Nuzlocke that I've been watching has made me like Muk.

If I had had a choice, I think removing the Eletrode line would be better than one or the other. They have a stupid design and they are just annoying because Explosion/Seldestruct.

5. IvarZeNorwegian

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    I actually kinda agree, but there is something about that smug-ass smile of Electrode that just makes me like him a little bit better than Volcarona. Just a little.

6. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    Smoochum.

It's so... Pointless. Honestly I don't even see the point of any Pokémon that were introduced as a pre-evo of a preexisting one, in any generation.

7. Pyramid King

Pyramid King Just checking on things

Egg
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽66.6
    I see no point in Jinx. Probably the only use for it is to ruin someone's day.

8. IvarZeNorwegian

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Hm..True, it really is pointless. I don`t see any reason for it, if Jynx didn`t get a middle evo, wich IMO would be...stupid. Just stupid, for eviolite would be the ONLY good reason I could think off, but even then.

9. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    Bronzong, please take this thing to hell together with Bouffalant.

10. Fantasma

Fantasma ♃☿♄

(Cubone (Alolan))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽185.1
    Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    but Bronzong isnt that bad kk
    i say chansey god i hate that fat bitch is a useless Pokémon whose only purpose is to stall everything to death

11. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,983.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Stunfisk, I never liked it even if it got an interesting typing. And I'll agree with KK here, take Bouffalant too while you're at it.

12. Northwind's Call

PokéPoints:
    ₽91.5
    One Pokémon that just shouldn't exist?

All Pokémon are created equal, all should have the same amount of lo--

Grimer and Muk. Get them out. At least Trubbish and Garbodor have the decency to cover themselves.

And suddenly, Talonflame.

13. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    If we could get rid of Klefki, I would never complain again!
    Or maybe Mr. Mime. We could give Mime Jr. a new chance, give it a new evolution that doesn't look like your worst nightmare in 3D...

Aurelia likes this.
  14. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I'd be so happy to get rid of Unown. I mean it was great in the Pokémon movie, I thought they were so powerful. And then I got one. It's pretty useless. I mean, it only learns one move. Hidden Power. Out with it. It didn't deserve a movie or to exist.

15. Wedrestamos

Wedrestamos School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    Hm...removing one Pokémon...that's tough. I'm gonna have to go with Tyrannitar, mostly because it seems to be way overpowered and overrated.

16. 8-Bit-Eevee

8-Bit-Eevee Crow of the Tempest

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.0
    Bye Mr. Mime
    You look too creepy.

17. Totalheartsboy

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.3
    Gulpin and its evolutionary line.

It looks like "Duh" and also creepy the appearance it has.

18. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    Talonflame. I hate it in competitive with a burning passion. Unless I'm using it. ;)

19. PijiWiji

PijiWiji Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Any OU legendary. They tend to be incredibly overused. I prefer all-legendary teams to stay in Uber, thank you very much.

20. Rafael

Rafael Math Geek

Odd Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,073.8
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★
    Talonflame. It's so ugly I cry every time I battle it. And I have to cry almost every single match because I always see that stupid looking bird on my opponents' teams. Greninja comes at a close second.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.