1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Ignorancy.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Sonic Ramon, Jan 15, 2018.

Tags:
?

Are you afraid of the dark?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    83.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sonic Ramon

PokéPoints:
    ₽10.6
    The title is as blunt as it can get. lol

But anyway, ignorancy. Or the proper term: Ignorance. It's something we'll have to deal with in life because it's apart of it, apparently. It doesn't happen more often...at least as far as I know of. But it does happen at random. The time where you wouldn't expect it to happen. Ignorance is an annoying thing to bare it. It can sometimes be a short and sour. Or long and sour.

So I hear by to ask you all: Have you dealt with ignorance before? If so, was it long term or short term? Or maybe both? If you have multiple encounters of ignorance, tell it all if you wished. I'm currently dealing with an long and sour ignorance myself, my cousin. Due to something personal dealing with my aunt, my cousin would have to live with me for a long while. Meaning sharing rooms with him...and it sucks. The unnecessary drama, playfulness and illogical thinking that he spew are constantly shooting out of his body like a rapid gunfire. It's insane. I mean, not saying that he's a bad apple in my life. In fact, the moments where he doesn't do those things, I actually cherished it before he tried to ruin it a mere stupidity later. Honestly, just take my word for it that he is an ignorance I'm dealing with atm.

Again, ignorance doesn't have to be just a person. It could be other things in life, too. Such as randomly missing your 3DS or something like that.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    I'm trying to find my PO Box key and cannot find it for the life of me, and I know I'm gonna headdesk when I DO find it because it's gonna be in a place that it was supposed to be easy for me to find - because it was where I put it so I WOULDN'T have this problem when I went on break. T_T

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    I suppose ignorance IS a part of life when you think about it, because our entire existence is built upon loosely shared beliefs and concepts which may not have any basis in what we think of as reality - depending on how philosophical you want to get about it and your personal beliefs about the nature of reality - and even assuming our thoughts and understanding of the world is valid, knowledge on a more detailed level isn't something that we're born with. It's inevitable you'll find people who are unaware of things, and be unaware of things yourself.

...yes, I know that isn't necessarily the context in which the word is being used here, but I'm tired of people using "ignorance" as a dirty word with universally negative connotations...you might say that, ironically, a lot of people are ignorant about the true meaning of ignorance. Mix ignorance with arrogance, or egotism, or a deliberate denial of anything other than one's own perspective, and THEN things become irritating. Ignorance by itself is not especially troublesome though. You might even say that it is the natue of humankind to be ignorant.

4. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    The first thing I should point out is that 'ignorancy' is not a word; it's just 'ignorance'.
    The second thing is that the meaning of ignorance is very simple: it's "the state of not knowing something". That's all it means. It's not the same as stupidity; it's not the same as abrasion; it's not even the same as aggravation - it's just not knowing.

If you as a person do not know of or about something, that means by definition you're ignorant of it. This is, of course, totally natural, since we spend our whole lives just trying to learn new things. You can deal with people who are 'ignorant' all the time - and that's to be expected, because not everyone knows the same things you do. That goes both ways; you don't always know the same things other people do.

We spend our whole lives learning about things, gathering information, processing phrases, drawing connections between them, and so on. As we do, we become gradually less ignorant about things. No one will ever become fully nonignorant, and that's why we have things like books, research materials, and dictionaries on hand. Life is a big journey, and a lot about that journey is learning. Of course, with that journey comes making mistakes, as experience is also a fantastic teacher.

One thing that has become important for me in my pursuit of knowledge is "how will I use that information?" I love learning things and hate being ignorant, so I love to amass more knowledge about pretty much anything I don't know. However, I need to be constructive in that pursuit. If I learn something, my follow-up question is "now what will I do with this information?" for if I just learn something and I have no chance to use that information for myself or for someone else, it's not edifying. Information, like anything else, is a tool, and its efficacy depends on the hands of its wielder. This can apply equally well whether you know something or not - you can know something and yet use it in a horrible way, or you can not know but try your best to put the pieces together based on your limited information.

Knowledge is a neutral property. How you choose to use that is up to you, and there are good and bad ways to use it alike.

awney likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.