1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

I'll see ya when I see ya

Discussion in 'News Desk' started by Vigilance, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    Dear Lake Valor,

It feels like just yesterday that someone DMed me to join this cool community they knew called “Lake Valor.” Funny how 3+ years later I can say that listening to a complete stranger online was the best decision of my life (don't try this at home kids!). Since then, I’ve been very lucky to call LV my home and meet all you fantastic people. I made some of my closest friends here and met so many amazing people that have taught me so many great life lessons. I hope you guys can understand how truly grateful I am.

I’m saying all this now because it’s time for me to move on. Real life is calling (no…this is Patrick!) and unfortunately I can't branch out and explore new stuff while also serving LV. This means I will no longer be an administrator for the site and will be stepping down from the staff team (I will continue to pay the site's costs however). I’ve been fortunate enough to serve on many iterations of LV’s staff and can say with the utmost confidence that LV is in fantastic hands with our current team.

I will also be leaving both the site and Discord indefinitely. This was a very tough decision to make but I realize that I won’t be able to switch off “helping LV” and I need to focus on a variety of other things that I won’t be able to properly do if I’m constantly around trying to be a helping hand. It wasn’t an easy decision to make but I hope you all will respect it.

I notified the staff team about my departure at the beginning of August and have worked hard to help teach the various stuff I did behind the scenes so I trust there will be nothing to worry about. However, I do plan on sticking around for 24 hours from this post if anyone wants to just have a chat! My Q&A is linked here in case you guys would like to stop by and ask me anything (literally anything unless it could lead to doxxing) and it’d be nice to go out answering questions as Q&A was the first thing that kept me around the site. You guys are welcome to add me on Discord if you’d like and maybe someday I’ll be back around LV :D

Thanks for everything; the memories, the laughs, the good, the bad…oh and the pineapple on pizza.

PS-something for you guys to to remember me by

I’ll see ya when I see ya
    Vig

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. DuoM2

Groudon Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,398.7
    Well, Vig, it's been a pleasure knowing you. Thank you for contributing to this great community. I hope that life ends up good for you wherever you end up!

Vigilance likes this.
  3. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,355.7
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Today I say goodbye to one of my biggest motivators on LV and in general honestly. Thank you for believing in me all this time and helping me learn so much.

I hope that when you inevitably come back to take a peek at the site you are happy with what we have done after you leave. Best of luck in your new endeavors and feel free to drop me a line whenever if you want to chat!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Vigilance likes this.
  4. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,138.7
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    8FDD2850-C20C-473C-9B3D-D451E9B40E0C.jpeg
    I said it once and I’ll say it again... it’s been an honor serving alongside you. Thank you for everything you’ve done for the site and take care Vig.

Vigilance likes this.
  5. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,446.0
    I'm gonna miss having you around, man. You've been such a great friend to me since I have returned and I've enjoyed our long and meaningful DM conversations. Dont be a stranger!

You have been an inspiration to me and so many others and I admire your perseverance, diversity in skill, and awesome personality. You're going to do amazing things in life. I wish you all the best

Love you, bro

Vigilance and Jeydis like this.
  6. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Saying goodbye to the one that invited me to this wonderful place is hard. I'll try not to break anything while you're gone, but if I do, I'll try to fix it.

I wish you luck with whatever you do in life. But you'll always have a place here and anyone who says otherwise is wrong and will be dealt with accordingly.

Vigilance and Jeydis like this.
  7. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,010.7
    You will be missed by just about everyone, myself included. I hope that one day you reach a point where you feel that you can return, but even if you don't that's still alright. You need to put you first. Farewell, oh vigilant one.

Vigilance likes this.
  8. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,338.0
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    Vig, you have been SUCH a massive help on this site. We wouldn't be where we are without you. That being said, you moving on with life is a completely fair decision, and we'll always be cheering you on in the back of your head with whatever you do. I wish you the best of luck in future endeavors. Godspeed, Vig.

Vigilance likes this.
  9. Riddles

Riddles Extra Spooky

Grimm
    (Duskull)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,645.4
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    We'll all miss you, Vig. You're the one who first brought me here, and honestly, I don't know what it'll be like without you. You've done a lot for this site, and I'm really sad to see you go. It's been a pleasure working with you.

Vigilance likes this.
  10. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    Thank you all for the amazingly kind messages =] When I look back at it all, I'm so happy to have met everyone and played a part in your LV journey!

SAF, Shadria, Jeydis and 2 others like this.
  11. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,007.6
    Thank you so much for all you've done--we hope to see you again soon. Arceus-speed on the next leg of your quest.

12. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Gonna miss you, Vig. Godspeed, and thank you for everything you've done, especially when you were there just to talk.