1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gameplay Journal IllusionFox's Emerald Nuzlocke

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by JadeFox, Apr 23, 2017.

1. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I remembered that. I didn't say anything about those heals, so I'll be good to go. Now, I should probably look at her team for that battle on Bulbapedia and figure out what I should do... XD

Wait. Never mind, she'll be easy. Two grass types and a fire, yep she will get demolished-!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Syaoron the Fox likes this.
  2. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    CHAPTER SIX: Its working!

So after I figured out Shadow for Sparkles pregnant in the Day Care, I moved on from Mauville. I battled all of the Trainers without difficulty. I got a lot of new Pokémon in this chapter, so I'm happy for some type diversity!

First one was a Geodude I found while Rock Smashing my way to the next part of the route. Named it "Pet Rock". In the box ya go (actually, all of these Pokémon went into the box).

Next was Marill on Route 112. Wtf, Game Freak. Why did you place a Water type near a volcano...? Nicknamed it "Azure".

Scorched Cave: Koffing. My first Poison Type yaaaaay. Named it "James", cuz he owned one in the original anime Im starting to run out of nickname ideas XD

Route 113: Spinda. I kinda overthought about this Pokémon, but it's moveset is rather interesting. Named it "Skullspin", after the Spinda that belonged to Team Skull in the Po Town PokeCenter.

FALLABOR TOWN! I totally dissed this place and kept on going with the plot.

Route 114: Swablu! YES! I really wanted one of these! Named it "Cottonwings".

Meteor Falls: Zubat. I'm not as excited for this guy, but hey, Crobat's cool. Named it "Achrobatic", after @[member="Achromatic"]'s Zubats of past nuzlockes.

Did the Meteor Falls stuff, and headed over to Mt. Chimney. But first, some highlights of the grinding!

1. Guts is now a Hariyama, a 'big' help for the Teams and Norman.
    2. A Koffing used Selfdestruct and I got really scared that Guts would die.
    3. It didn't.
    4. Indigo is now above Level 30, YAAAAY!

Okay, Mt. Chimney! I battled through the easy Magma Grunts and Admin, and battled Maxie! With ease, of course. The only Pokémon I seemed to have a hard time with was his Mightyena, but the others I was able to OHKO them.

So onward to Lavaridge Town! Jagged Pass Pokémon: Numel, a Fire Type! I've been waiting for it! Named it "Flamel". Flame Camel.

And now I'm in Lavaridge, where in the next chapter I'll take on Flannery's Gym! See you guys next time!

(One thing! About Plant. What should I evolve it into, Vileplume or Bellosom? If you could help make a difference between their stats, that would help clear up some stuff XD)

Pokémon:

[3d='marshtomp']
    Fin
    Male
    Relaxed
    Lvl 28

[3d='swellow']
    Indigo
    Female
    Impish
    Lvl 31

[3d='hariyama']
    Guts
    Male
    Lax
    Lvl 28

[3d='zigzagoon']
    Rocket
    Male
    Hardy
    Lvl 7

[3d='shedinja']
    Shedinja
    Genderless
    Bold
    Lvl 20

[3d='oddish']
    Plant
    Male
    Docile
    Lvl 19

BOXED Pokémon:

[3d='wurmple'][3d='slakoth'][3d='geodude'][3d='ninjask'][3d='marill'][3d='koffing'][3d='spinda'][3d='swablu'][3d='zubat'][3d='numel']

DED Pokémon:

None! I wonder how long it's gonna be this way... :thonkang:

BADGES (3/8)

3. Syaoron the Fox

Skittles
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽339.0
    Poké Ball ★Dawn Stone ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    Other than its defense, Bellosom is a significantly more inferior Pokémon all around. Sure, the poison typing on Vileplume will be detrimental during the psychic fight, but its high special attack makes up for that, along with the chance of having effect spores, one of the best abilities a Pokémon can have.

That said, Bellossom does have higher defenses, both physical and special, but that doesn't mean Vileplume is fragile. Vileplume can take some hits, and with access to healing abilities and items likes moonlight, Giga drain, and black sludge, and access to moves like sleep powder and sludge bomb give it powerful advantages over its foes.

Bellossom simply doesn't have access to that kind of powerful move set, and is more at home on a sun sweep team.

To sum it up: get Vuleplume. ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    JadeFox likes this.
  4. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    CHAPTER SEVEN: Burn, baby burn!

It's time to fight Flannery and receive her badge! Let's goooooooooo!

I hate her Gym. Not that it's hard, but the way it's laid out. It's probably my least favorite of the gyms here, except maybe Juan's (it's been a while since I last played Emerald)...?

After several frustration-causing moments, I FINALLY see Flannery.

[​IMG]
    [3d='numel'][3d='slugma'][3d='camerupt'][3d='torkoal']

Such an easy battle with Fin. All OHKOs (except for Torkoal, who was a pain in the ass) with Mud Shot and Water Gun, and the only one who I didn't really like was her Torkoal and it's Attract. I hated it so much. But luckily none of my Pokémon fainted to it! So now I (still legally) earned the Heat Badge!

[​IMG]

So now I'm gonna have to take a break for now. One other thing though; Plant evolved into a Gloom! And until I get Surf, I can't get the Leaf Stone needed to evolve it into Vileplume...:tear: but it shouldn't be too long now!

Pokémon:

[3d='marshtomp']
    Fin
    Male
    Relaxed
    Lvl 30

[3d='swellow']
    Indigo
    Female
    Impish
    Lvl 31

[3d='hariyama']
    Guts
    Male
    Lax
    Lvl 28

[3d='zigzagoon']
    Rocket
    Male
    Hardy
    Lvl 7

[3d='shedinja']
    Shedinja
    Genderless
    Bold
    Lvl 20

[3d='gloom']
    Plant
    Male
    Docile
    Lvl 22

BOXED Pokémon:

[3d='wurmple'][3d='slakoth'][3d='geodude'][3d='ninjask'][3d='marill'][3d='koffing'][3d='spinda'][3d='swablu'][3d='zubat'][3d='numel']

DED Pokémon:

Still none!

BADGES (4/8)

5. Syaoron the Fox

Skittles
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽339.0
    Neato! Watching your nuzlocke has been super inspirational. I'm thinking of running one of my own, once I find my game cartridge... and find the time. XD

I thought there were earlier leaf stones. Are there not?

6. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    I'm not really sure. All I know is that you can get one on Route 119 when you Surf downwards at that spot right after the Weather Institute.

And I would really like to see you do a nuzlocke! You give out a lot of tips, and I'm sure that you'd do well on it!

Oh, and I forgot to say one more thing about Fin. I taught him Rock Tomb, so he should do good in the battle against Winona (the Gym Leader that I hate so much). I'm so excited to get Fly! I BELIEVE I CAN HM02!!!

7. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    CHAPTER EIGHT: You your Daddy's son! (Literally, I am.)

So after Lavaridge, I went ahead and went to the desert area. I caught a Trapinch and nicknamed it "Ackbar", like the Star Wars character. I also battled some Trainers for grinding, and got the Claw Fossil from the Mirage Tower, but then I felt like I was ready for Norman.

So I went to Petalburg, Guts at the front of my team, ready to Arm Thrust my way through this. And I did. So time for Norman!

His first three Pokémon, a Spinda, Vigoroth, and Linoone were super easy. OHKO. Then there was his infamous Slaking, whom I was not wanting to see. One Vital Throw, which surprisingly went first, and then

it happened.

Slaking used Counter, instantly killing Guts. Then I sent out Indigo, who died a few turns after that. Shedinja was next with a Faint Attack. Even Fin fell from a Facade. Plant was close to killing it after poisoning it, but died by Facade. And all that was left was Rocket.

Poor little Level 7 Rocket.

So this ends my Emerald nuzlocke. I had a lot of fun doing this, even though I lost at the fifth gym. BUT FEAR NOT! I plan on trying out something I call a "Speedlocke" (crappy name), and I will probably start that soon (I just have to figure out what game I should do it on XD)!

Thanks for the support guys, and I hope that you guys see me again in the Pokémon Journals section!

8. Syaoron the Fox

Skittles
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽339.0
    Oh nooooo, RIP the run. Norman, the one thing I thought you'd breeze right through, ended your reign of terror. And to think, before this you had a solid 0 deaths. T_T It was a good run while it lasted, Fox. And you did awesome. (way better than Sycho in his Nuzlocke). I hope to see more from you though! There will be another day, with more Pokémon to brutally slay.

JadeFox likes this.
  9. ClefairyKid

ClefairyKid (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    Psychium Z ★★★★Poké Doll ★★Waterium Z ★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★
    I like how you include the pictures of the leaders and the badges, it breaks up the text nicely. Also stalking wally HUHUHU