1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

I'm Dying

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BZRich64, Jun 6, 2021.

1. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Slime
    (Sliggoo)
    Level 47
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,389.7
    As the title of the thread says, I don't have much time left in this world. I just got the results back from the doctor the other day and have been contemplating how best to break the news to all of you. I only have a few weeks left at most, and I want to make sure that I spend what's left of my time here to its fullest.

...okay, not really. But the fact is that is that all of us are (presumably) mortal and we'll all die one day. It may not be a pleasant idea, but sadly it's true. Have you ever considered what you would want to do if you found out that you only had a week/month/year to live? How would you act differently if you knew that you weren't long for this world? Have you ever had to deal with anyone close to you passing away unexpectedly?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Gazi

Edgelord
    (Honedge)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.4
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    An interesting thought exercise. I think if I found out that I had only a limited time left I would arrange for me and my immediate family to all get together and do something really fun together. I would want to visit another country to experience the culture. But other than that I think I'd continue doing what I do anyways. Writing, drawing, playing video games and watching movies with my siblings. Those are the things that I enjoy. Besides, it's through my writing and drawing that I leave my legacy, in a way.

3. Barandofl

Barandofl The eyeless user

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,474.8
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    I've already given this idea some thought, and my thoughts are as followed:

I have already come to terms with my own mortality. I, like many others, will eventually die. With this thought in my head, I've stopped caring about over complicating things in my life. I see an item at the store that looks interesting? I buy it. I wish to buy some very expensive PC set up? I begin saving up money to buy it. I just came across a hobby that looks fun, I mess around with it for a bit, and see if I'd stick with it.

What I'm trying to get at, is that I'm just some guy living his life; not caring whether if I'll perish today, or live to see tomorrow. Sure, facing death can be a scary thought, but you gotta accept the fact that none of us will live forever.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon Empress of Randomness

Grimoire
    (Pawniard)
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,548.5
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    They had us in the first half, not gonna lie

But for real though, I feel like I've been lying/keeping secrets about myself from a lot of people, so in my last days/weeks/whatever, I hope I can tell them the truth and who I really am. And if they don't like me, well I'll be dead soon lol

5. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 39
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,530.3
    I've thought about this a lot.
    Am I afraid of my own death? Yes, I think there would be very few people who wouldn't be afraid, but I have come to terms with it. Even though I am quite young, I have strived to live my life to the fullest and I have always been content. If I was to die tomorrow, yes I would have regrets, like not going out and experiencing more of the world or completing my education, but I wouldn't mind much. I would just continue doing what I have been doing, living my life the way I want to and continuing to experience the world that I have had the pleasure to be born into.