1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

In what Pokémon game did you get your first shiny?

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Sheep, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    Yep! What Pokémon game did you get your first shiny in and what was it? ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Vaquero

Vaquero Member of the Charicific Valley

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    I got a shiny ditto in soul silver

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Riddles

Riddles Extra Spooky

Grimm
    (Duskull)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,645.4
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I didn't get a single shiny until Gen 6. It was a shiny Gulpin in X, and I wasn't even actively searching for one, either. I just happened to stumble upon it in a horde battle.

4. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,434.8
    I got a shiny Swanna in Ultra Moon. That's how bad my luck is. It was even through the Ultra Wormhole

5. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    My first shiny was in Pearl! It was either a Golbat or Clefairy in Mt. Coronet. It was so long ago I don't remember which one came first, though I'm inclined to believe it was Clefairy.

6. Moonstruck-Mist

HoverBoots
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 35
    PokéPoints:
    ₽544.9
    Shiny Eevee, X. Yeah, I played from SoulSilver all the way to Ultra Sun, and the first shiny I got was in a game I had many more compliments in than anything else (besides SoulSilver cause it's still my favorite). And I think the best part was that it wasn't hacked in either. It was just a lucky chance to get it. And I didn't even try to get one.

7. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    My first randomly encountered shiny was a Roselia in Pearl version, all the way back since high school about a month after the game was first released. I didn't know if it was some sort of glitch or an actual thing at the time, and thought it was just something exclusive to Gyarados. So I caught it, showed my friends at anime club, and all of them were extremely jealous.

As of today, my dark-petaled timid Roserade sits comfortably on my Ultra Moon file.

8. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    My first shiny encounter was a Electrike in Sapphire. Didn't catch it though because my sister snatched my GBA from my hands and ended up fainting it while attempting to catch it.
    My first captured shiny was a Minun in Emerald. I no longer have it due to the save file corrupting.

9. Nova Ozuka

Nova Ozuka Hex Maniac

Joy
    (Togepi)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.3
    Mine was a Marill in Emerald, which was fitting as it was green. It fell victim to my restartitus, as did my second Shiny, a Numel.

10. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeRocky Helmet ★★★★★Staff of VerityExp. Share ★★
    Pokémon y and it was a Krokorok

11. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,138.7
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    My first not-hacked, not-giveaway shiny was a shiny Foongus in Y on route 15, randomly walking around.

12. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,996.0
    My first shiny was a male Nidoran that I hatched while breeding Nidoran to trade on the GTS to fill up my Pokédex in OmegaRuby.

13. Poffin

Poffin King of Destruction

Alolan Meowth
    (Alolan Meowth)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,384.2
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    My first shiny was a Geodude in Diamond.

14. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,993.4
    It was a Spinda, on Sapphire, just wandering the ash fields near Fallarbor Town.

Then a few days later, I ran into a shiny Onix in LG (that one I managed to film the capture)

15. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    Ignoring the Gyarados in GSC, my first shiny was a Whismur in Ruby. I eventually levelled it up to Level 100 as an Exploud - something I kinda regret because minty green ears are awesome - and then I lost it when my X corrupted ;w;

16. PoserPanda

SS EGG 2
    (Giratina Egg (Altered))
    Level 74
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,173.3
    Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    My first shiny was a Gastly from Pokémon Moon. I had been walking around the cemetery to grind some experience points for my team, when a shiny Gastly jumped me. While I wish Gengar would show that he is also noticeably shiny, without need to Mega Evolve him to see a difference.

17. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    Excluding the Gyarados and 50% shiny rate eggs in Crystal, my first was a Whismur in Sapphire! Wish I still had her but alas, decided to restart Platinum as a kid since I desperately wanted a new file. :<

18. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    Aside from the Red Gyrados, my first shiny was a Rattata in White 2. Still have it.

19. Saraceaser

Elfea
    (Honedge)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽48.0
    Not counting Red Gyarados, my first shiny was in Y, a shiny Flabebe, since I've always had horrible luck with shiny Pokémon. Not going to lie, I wasn't paying attention at the time and accidentally knocked it out before I realized my mistake, whoops.

And of course, the second shiny I came across was a horde encounter shiny Mareep, and I accidentally clicked Razor Leaf in my moment of excitements, whoops x2.

20. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    My first shiny was a while ago in my emerald game. I went back to play emerald to complete my white Pokédex and I wanted a Trapinch so I could have a Flygon in my game. So I went to the desert and started looking. I was getting a bit frustrated when I kept getting Baltoy, but then the first Trapinch I found was shiny. I captured that Pokémon and transferred it over immediately. Now I have a shiny Flygon sitting safely next to a regular flygon in my white game.