1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Indigo Plateau

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Wizard, Feb 26, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Pansage
    (Pansage)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,754.5
    Generations 1 and 2 did something with their Pokémon League that is unique in mainstream games to this day: both Kanto and Johto share the same Pokémon League. Indigo Plateau lies in-between the two regions, giving it convenient geographical access. Although the Indigo League can be challenged in G/S & HG/SS, the Elite Four and champion are different, with the original four being Lorelei, Bruno, Agatha, and Lance with the R/G/B/Y rival as the champion. In G/S, only Bruno is still a part of the Elite Four, and he is joined by Will, Karen, and Koga (former Kanto gym leader).

Do you think Pokémon will ever have two regions with the same Pokémon League again? When making Generation One, do you think GameFreak intended to use the same Pokémon League again? Do you think they considered using the Indigo League for R/S/E as well? Which of the two Elite Four groups did you like more? What do you think of the "new" Elite Four in G/S & HG/SS? Do you like them better of worse than the original group?

I think that when Generation Two rolled around, GameFreak wanted to give people some fanservice, so they included the old Pokémon League from the Generation One games, put in Koga for nostalgia's sake, and made Lance the Champion because it made sense. I doubt that they considered using the same Pokémon League in the 3rd Generation games for long, because they needed more original material. I like the personalities and types of the Elite Four in the Generation Two games, with Karen, Will, Koga, and Bruno. Karen is the first dark-type specializing trainer in the games, Will is a typical psychic, Koga was a former gym leader who happens to be a B.A. ninja, and Bruno was the awesome buff guy who was already in the Elite Four.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Maantijger

PokéPoints:
    ₽268.5
    Gen 2 was actually supposed to be the last Generation, that's why they put in Kanto with all its Gym Leaders and Red as the final boss as a conclusion to the Gen 1 games too. The only region I could see a shared Pokémon League in would be Kalos, as there's more land around it very clearly. Sinnoh seems to be an island and Unova and Hoenn already got featured in two main series games and most can agree Kalos feel kinda unfinished as is. I'm not hoping they'll make the new region be connected to Kalos, because I'd personally like to see an entirely different region based on an irl location that's not Europe, Japan or NA.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Pitmore

Pitmore Mild Internal Pain

PokéPoints:
    ₽84.0
    I liked Indigo Plateau because it felt like a connection between my old one, I got that nostagic thrill and finally realized how big the game was, I really started to look forward to it then! So yeah. the fact that you can see all characters leave, maybe die or retire or grow, come straight out of the blue or remain, its a great feeling when you realize that you get to see them again, and maybe there is a whole new kanto to explore, shown by the familiar faces including Lance, Bruno and Koga.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.