1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Portfolio *insert clever title here* Portfolio

Discussion in 'Art Corner' started by DiancieIsBae, May 24, 2017.

1. DiancieIsBae

Merio12
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽187.0
    Yache Berry ★★Amulet Coin ★★★Skull Fossil ★★★
    Hello everyone. DiancieIsBae AKA Baku reporting here. Since I have a fair amount of art under my name in other places, I figured that I would start up my own portfolio here to showcase to you all. Do keep in mind that since I have been drawing for over 2 and a half years now on and off at the time of posting this, most of my older art won't really be considered up to par with the rest of my drawings. Nevertheless, they will be posted here for your viewing pleasure. Enjoy. ^.^

[​IMG]

So I guess this is a good place to start with my portfolio, as it is probably the very first drawing I uploaded on the internet ever. As such, this drawing is rather...dated for me. And that's because I made this drawing, and a few more of the later ones I'll be uploading, around mid-October of 2014 and uploaded it late the month after. Yeah. That old. But it does bring back a good amount of memories in uploading this; it reminds me of when I fully started picking up drawing as a hobby. At least, until I took up writing as another hobby.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    I like the Meowstic! It's really nice for a first real drawing! Excited to see more of your stuffs!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Your drawing is very cute, the little floofs are nice and you costume a Pokémon well :P

4. DiancieIsBae

Merio12
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽187.0
    Thanks everyone your your positive feedback. ^.^

Also one thing I should mention. The previous drawing I posted, this one, and the next 4 I all drew in one sitting on one piece of paper. The 8 I have planned to upload afterwards were also done the same - all in one sitting, on one singular piece of paper. This should hopefully explain some of these drawings' borders having a different color than the rest of the background, as well as why these colored drawings all look blurry compared to the rest of the drawings. All the future drawings I did were all done on separate pieces of paper. With that out of the way...

[​IMG]

I guess I should explain what Hackers are, since pretty much my entire early gallery is all these Hackers. Hackers are essentially Pokémon that have had their genes/data altered in a way that gives them abnormal or even supernatural abilities that their own species normally wouldn't have. This usually also results in their physical appearance being altered, usually in minor ways but sometimes . Some can even wield special Hacker Weapons, much like humans can. A Hacker's most distinguishable feature is the permanent white circular scar around their left or right eye.

As for the design, while I am very proud of Igor's design and will definitely keep it in the long run, Marye's on the other hand...Yeah, definitely thinking about redoing the design. See, I had a different personality in mind for this character when initially designing her hacked form. A more fun-loving girl rather than the "take no s***" kind of attitude that she has now. For the record, Marye is the only member of the Ghost Hackers clan whose personality I changed. (Also for the record, I didn't have the concept of PAC in my mind when creating any of these characters. I just did it for the fun of it. Which is why Marye's personality was what it was back then.)

5. ClefairyKid

ClefairyKid (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    Psychium Z ★★★★Poké Doll ★★Waterium Z ★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★
    Nice work, the colours are good :D

6. DiancieIsBae

Merio12
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽187.0
    As always, thanks to all of you who left positive feedback. ^.^

[​IMG]

And this is a prime example of what I meant in my previous comment about the borders. You can see a tiny bit of Marye's background color on the top left corner. Anyway, when I initially made this group of drawings, this was my favorite design. The whole "Lilly trying to hide her Leaf Scythe as best she could while looking innocent AKA YANDERE (which isn't what i was going for at all actually; I drew this before knowing what yandere actually means)" thing was something I was extremely proud of...at the time. Nowadays...yeah. I think I waaay overdesigned her hacked form a bit. Probably gonna redesign her as well, now that I think about it. (They're all due for a redraw imo since they're so old and a good amount of their characters have been changed.) Also looking at it now, it...wasn't colored the best. There're small uncolored lines I see all around the drawing. But ehh, 2014 me. What're you gonna do?

7. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    I like it! you've got the shape down very well!

8. DiancieIsBae

Merio12
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽187.0
    As always, thanks for the positive feedback. ^.^

[​IMG]

Hmm...Can't really tell what I was going for back then with this one honestly. Guess that enough is warranting of a redesign. In my opinion, it's probably my weakest of the six original Ghost Hackers (there's technically a seventh, but I didn't really think up that one until much later) designs. I guess back then, the concept of hacked Pokémon was fresh in my mind, and I wanted to take it as far as I could with my art skills. Trust me, the concept as a whole was a good amount different back then than I have it today. More on that later, I guess.

9. DiancieIsBae

Merio12
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽187.0
    [​IMG]

Yeah, 2014 me's mind went places my present self fails to comprehend. This drawing and my previous one proves it thus. I guess the hands I designed with his ability in mind, but pretty much everything else I guess I changed for the sake of changing it. For the record, the only one not getting a full redesign is Igor since I haven't changed much about him over the past two and a half years, and as such don't see much of a reason to change him. Everyone else is getting one.

10. DiancieIsBae

Merio12
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽187.0
    [​IMG]

Ok this one I can actually kinda see where I was going for. The claw gauntlets were probably my main focus in terms of his enhanced strength and power, the armor was...uhh...I don't remember. Still wanna redesign him, but maybe I'll keep part of the gauntlets and just remove the giant claws.

Either way, that's it for the original 6 Ghost Hackers.

11. DiancieIsBae

Merio12
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽187.0
    [​IMG]

So next are the Phase Hackers, which are actually a direct reference to the 8 Phases of Morganna from Project .hack//. The 1st phase is the Terror of Death, named Skeith in the .hack// games. Thsoe of you who have played those games are probably having bad flashbacks of that fight. Anyway, I thought Absol would be a good pick for the first phase since it's super powerful offensively. Base 130 Attack is nothing to sneeze at.

Also for reference, all of these with the exception of three of them are small partial body portraits. Once again, all 8 were drawn on a single piece of paper.

12. DiancieIsBae

Merio12
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽187.0
    [​IMG]

Part of the reason why I stopped using colored pencils for my drawings. It's difficult to correct a mistake if you use them. Coloring isn't bad...for digital art. But traditional art...yeah, have fun. Anyway, The second phase is the Mirage of Deceit. I figured Stantler would be a good pick for this one, simply because of that one episode of the DPP anime where Ash gets turned around because of a Stantler.

13. DiancieIsBae

Merio12
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽187.0
    Actually for the essence of time (and also the fact that I really don't wanna just be uploading these colored drawings over the next week), I'm just gonna lightning round the rest of the Phase Hackers. *inhales*

[​IMG]

Alright, so the third phase is the Propogation. The reason I went with Sceptile for this one is because I wanted to use a Grass-type. (Magus' signature attack in the .hack// games is Death and Rebirth, which deals damage based on how many of his leaves are alive upon casting.) That's about it really. Also this phase will be getting a redesign, simply because he is now a major character in one of my series.

[​IMG]

Fourth phase is the Prophet. Now when you think a prophet, you think a wise or intelligent being. Thats' why I decided to go with Alakazam for this one. In PMD1, it's stated that Alakazam has an IQ of 5,000. His personality in that game also oozed wisdom to me. Probably not redesigning him as I like this design honestly...Ok maybe a small one.

[​IMG]

Can't you tell that my 2014 self really enjoyed overdesigning some of these? Anyway, the fifth phase is the Machinator or Schemer. Went with Aegislash because of its Ability...and that's...kinda it. (Good thing I'm lightning rounding these, otherwise, you'd be reading boring commentary for the week.)

[​IMG]

Gonna be honest with you guys here. I cheated with this one. I used references for basically every one of these, but this is really the only one where I took literally the entire reference and drew it with hacked modifications. (Most of the future hacked designs are this way actually. Not kidding.) Anyway, the sixth phase is the Temptress. Now I won't say why I chose Mismagius, since it's a MAJOR spoiler for the final game of project .hack//.

[​IMG]

This is easily my weakest drawing. Not just of the Phase hackers, but of all my colored Pokémon drawings. Like, Mightyena's legs are just...small and thin. Moving on. The seventh phase is the Avenger. And no, that doesn't mean it's a good guy. (No prize for guessing that reference.) I chose Mightyena because...uhh...Why did I choose Mightyena? Might rethink this phase entirely.

[​IMG]

This one is getting a slight redesign, because I changed two things about it. One is her entire personality. This hacker's not sinister and evil anymore; rather, I turned her into a more compassionate and slightly pacifistic hacker. Second is her gender. I initially made her male. So the eighth and final phase is the Rebirth. I renamed it to the Executioner because of the hacker weapon I gave her, the Ghost Claw. I actually made a Pokefusion for this one, I fused Phione and Manaphy together to create Manaphione.

And that's all of them out of the way.

14. DiancieIsBae

Merio12
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽187.0
    [​IMG]

Hooray, we're on to my better works. (In my opinion, at least.) I dunno, I just don't like the idea of coloring traditional art because of how easy it is to make a mistake. Nevertheless, here is my third full Hacker clan I have made, and the last one that isn't completely evil. The Chaos Hackers. Some of the Phase Hackers are good, but the rest are evil. Starting with their leader, Burning Ashe. Now in hindsight, I probably should've shaded in more of the overall design instead of leaving it blank. Granted, this was my transition from colored traditional to just using pen and pencil. But still. Anyway, I tried making her pose look more like Demi-fiend's in this one.

Also another thing to note about the Chaos Hackers. All of the members, with the exception of one, have their real name as part of their codename. Burning Ashe's real name is of course Ashe.

15. DiancieIsBae

Merio12
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽187.0
    [​IMG]

This one is getting a redesign because of slight change in personality, but I am really proud of this piece. It has its own level of cool factor to it that I don't think a lot of my previous ones had imo. So Illusive Shadow's name comes from both its ability Illusion and Zoroark's color scheme reminding me of Shadow the Hedgehog. She's also the right hand of Burning Ashe within the Chaos hackers clan.

16. DiancieIsBae

Merio12
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽187.0
    [​IMG]

Nathan Soaker is his name. he is a hacked Floatzel whom I initially gave the ability to create solid water string from his arm fins, which were hacked into blades. Probably gonna remove that ability from him in the future though, we'll see. Anyway, he is the (kinda) love interest of Burning Ashe.

17. DiancieIsBae

Merio12
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽187.0
    Apologies for not uploading anything here the past couple days. Just haven't been feeling up for doing it.

[​IMG]

I don't think I've ever mentioned this on here, but I freaking love Mega Ampharos' hair. It's just so...majestic. Anyway, this drawing is another one I am proud of, primarily because of my concept for him. His ability was me taking two elements - ice and electricity - and meshing them together. Hence the name Iced Gemini (Gemini being a reference to Gemini Spark, an Elec FM-ian in Megaman Starforce 1.) Now long story short, I...don't exactly know why I didn't shade in anything here except for the black areas. Also his ice Blades are actually supposed to be actual blades, not arm blades. His overall design is getting changed in the future, for the record. Lastly, Illusive Shadow has a crush on him.

18. DiancieIsBae

Merio12
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽187.0
    Wow, I haven't uploaded on here in a WHILE. Uhh anyway...

[​IMG]

Skipping over four deviations after the previous one and before this one since they are completely unrelated to Pokémon. I freaking like this design. And minus her spiky tail, I'm keepnig this one. Giving her wings and the ability to create Leaf Blades attached to her arms was probably the only real changes that I could think of for a hacked Serperior. Anyway. Queen Slitheren, or just Slitheren in a lot of instances, created her own kingdom alongside her husband. King Samurott. I haven't actually thought up the name for said kingdom yet, I'm not that far into drafting my series just yet. Anyway, she is rather tomboyish even as queen, which has never changed since she was a Snivy.

19. DiancieIsBae

Merio12
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽187.0
    [​IMG]

Three more irrelevant deviations being skipped. At the time, this was my toughest challenge. Drawing an Armaldo. A hacked one. I wanted to make him look somewhat terrifyingly fierce, as his Codename is the Armored Terror. Truth be told, I...will be redesigning him later. I just think I overdesigned him as a whole, and with me not really thinking up a long-term personality for this Hacker at the time, now this design just doesn't really fit him all that well. Either way, this is the final member of the Chaos Hackers clan.

20. DiancieIsBae

Merio12
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽187.0
    [​IMG]

Not quite done with Hackers just yet. There's still one more major clan I made. And this one is 100% an evil Hacker clan. They're called Hell Verse, and they consist only of Demon Hackers - Hackers that came to be via their selection by the Hell Virus.

Anyway, onto this Hacker. This is easily one of my favorite designs, and despite this Hacker getting a redesign, I'm definitely using this type of outfit on someone else. So her name is Elizabeth. Well, Dark Elizabeth anyway. She stands as the leader of the Hell Verse clan, and the current harbinger of the Hell Virus. Her codename is Hell's Servant. Her ability is within her right arm, allowing her to use demonic energy and form solid magical hands. These hands can extend outward quite a fair distance, and their fingers are quite sharp as well.