1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Insults

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Azazel, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    How well can you handle being insulted?

2. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I tend to take a lot of things as insults - even if they aren't intended as such (like ninety percent of all compliments I receive). I therefore have to respond to them calmly so I do not lose myself. For me, an insult is anything that offends or stands against either something I stand for, or my sense of personal pride in certain of my accomplishments. Going off that, an insult for me would be towards what I do, more so than who I am. People may believe what they wish about me, so comments directed at my person tend to be rebuffed without much thought, or perhaps just outright ignored. For something to be taken as an insult, it would have to do with either what I stand for or what actions I perform.

Furie likes this.
  3. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I am kinda a jumpy person with insults, where either I just accept it or reuse the comments made as best I can. I can be kinda aggressive randomly against insults, as many people may be, just trying to be defensive against the little dignity I have XD

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    I recognize it as an insecurity on the insulter's part and simply ignore them.

If on the Internet, I also report them.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    It depends on the insult. Saying, "You hit like a girl", I will take as a simple compliment. Saying, "You're just like your grandmother", I will get upset, might get triggered, and will work on my issue. If I hear the phrase, "cursing like a sailor with Tourrette's", congratulations! I consider that to be the equivalent of a racial slur to me and I will become so ticked off that I won't be able to think straight for a bit. I'm already dealing with someone using that phrasing at this current moment and that gets under my skin.

Now as far as general insults go, to me it can be a game of one-upmanship, like a yo mamma fight for example. As long as no one gets hurt it's fine. I've been known to take insults and fling them right back at people. How serious I take insults just depends on the content and the context.

6. DeleteAbsol

DeleteAbsol Absol-utely Bad

Pichu
    (Pichu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20.9
    Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    If someone insults me I simply just accept what they say with a joking attitude and just make a mental note that they are not worth my full attention and to take what they say to me with a grain of salt.

7. Auric

Auric Platinum Addict

Another one!!??!
    (Azelf)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽35.6
    Black Glasses ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Soda Pop ★Oran Berry ★★
    *I usually just ignore it.
    *But if they insult the people i love, they're going to experience a world of pain.

DeleteAbsol likes this.
  8. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    Because I tend to keep to myself, I don't really have any experiences with being insulted outside of ones from my sisters. It's usually playful and I've built up a healthy tolerance to most of the things they say. If we're arguing though, insults affect me much more. A thing about me is that if I'm angry for whatever reason, that anger quickly turns into sadness. I prefer it that way though cause it's less damaging. So yeah, if an insult really hurts I'll probably just go cry it off and I'll be as good as new!

9. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    Insults? Pffffft... I pity those who waste their time and effort trying to bring other people down.
    People's words don't really hurt me because at the end of the day I know no one truly hates me more than I do myself :wooper:

DeleteAbsol likes this.
  10. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    I have an unfortunate bit of experience with jerks who think that they can walk all over me because I appear quiet.
    Mistake.
    I absolutely refuse to make the first move in a fight. I feel no need to attack someone who hasn't attacked me first. I find it ridiculous. What kind of person just stalks and tries to annoy someone else?
    But if anyone makes a move against me, I will cut them down.
    #MissingNo

11. Critical Sass

Critical Sass Slippery when wet

eg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽319.0
    oh nooo someone i dont care about is being mean and saying mean things whatever will i doooooooooooo

Furie likes this.
  12. POKE

POKE Ace Trainer

Johnny Waffles
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.3
    Premier Ball ★
    For me I just ignore it most of the time, I am not emotionally fragile as I believe that insult is what the person thinks, if they think I'm stupid I might probably go a bit on the defense but I will take it

13. Beffie

Beffie clear your cache

beautiful and perfect
    (Feebas)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,170.2
    Crown of ValorDawn Stone ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    I simply don't care about what people say about me because 95% of the time these insults come from people I hate. Keep on hating, see if I care.

If it's an honest to god insult by a friend, you can bet I'm not talking to you for a while. I've been lied to and my friends have been insulted by bad people, so I don't even want to associate with a friend who thinks it's fun to talk down to me.

DeleteAbsol likes this.
  14. Barandofl

Barandofl The eyeless user

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    Well, I used to be that one middle school regect. Every day was a bunch of physical and verbal abuse from the mayority of the school. I didn't have many friends, since most people were scared of being bullied if they hung out with me. From 6th grade to 9th grade, my life was a living hell. Once i got to highschool, things got better. After all that experience, I learned that insults are the least of my issues. So yeah, insults dont bother me anymore.

15. nduns

nduns Banned

Legendary Egg
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽296.5
    Crown of ValorStaff of Verity
    I used to have a horrible temper when it came to that. However, something I've learned over the years is that in order to truly succeed at life, you need a good enough sense of humor to laugh at yourself. Especially in the work place. People WILL take playful jabs at you, so my recommendation is to prepare yourself mentally for that. Now, I can insult myself and get a good laugh out of it, so I can handle insults better than I used to.

16. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    Not more than 5/10 minutes. My volcano errupts after that. I'm a funny person but when angry, I almost can't control my lips.

17. Owly

Owly Friend of the Eco, Foe of the System

Torako
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,981.7
    I'm not insulted often, but when I am, I don't take it to mean much. I admit I do have a temper, but petty insults aren't what triggers it. Sometimes I'll correct it, mostly I ignore it. I've found, however, that I tend to forgive easily; I can't "not talk" to someone. If they're my friend, they're my friend, and if they insulted me, I'll have them know it. If they regret it, everything's good. If they don't, I should find myself some new friends. I generally don't get hung up on it. Other things bother me, yes, but not that.

18. Teddybear2345

Teddybear2345 Which is cooler, to be cool, or uncool?

PokéPoints:
    ₽529.7
    Rage Candy Bar ★★★Bicycle ★★Razz Berry ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★Slowpoke Tail ★★★★
    I usually fire back with a witty line, or just simply ignore the person and their remark.
    Nothing makes someone hurt deeper, than letting them know you aren't phased.

19. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I take petty/witty banter pretty well. It's just people talking trash 90% of the time, and they probably don't really, really mean it. (They're mostly just caught in the heat of the moment and will cool down soon enough)

In that 10% time where they're actually being a jerk, I won't hesitate to tell them that. I'm very upfront if something is legitimately bothering and I WILL call them out. Be loud and catch other people's attention; the other person will get nervous and back down.

20. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    It depends on who it's from. Nothing really bothers me much anymore. I guess it's because I majored in sociology, but for the past couple of years anytime someone insults me, I just think "what has happened in their life," or "what has happened to them recently to make them act in that way?"