1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Let's Go Introducing Melmetal!

Discussion in 'Switch Pokémon Games' started by Achromatic, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    flareon71 likes this.
  2. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    Looks like Registeel and Magnemite had a baby....I kinda like it, in a weird way. It certainly isn't lacking for creativity, and I think the official artwork will look a lot better...moving from sprites to polygonal models was the worst thing to ever happen to Pokémon.

Could be worse. At least it's not another anthro Pokémon.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    PoserPanda likes this.
  3. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,338.0
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    I... is it...
    NOOO! REGIROCK HAS CORRUPTED THE POOR CREATURE! NOOOOOOOOO

4. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I'm not sure why, it doesn't look anything like it, but it kind of reminds me of the robots from Castle in the Sky.

5. PoserPanda

SS EGG 2
    (Giratina Egg (Altered))
    Level 74
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,173.3
    Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I didn't like how Willow was saying, "Meltan has a tendancy to try and merge with other Meltan." And then when they start doing just that, he becomes surprised. To me this doesn't make much sense, as he knew they already want to do it. So he shouldn't be shocked when they do. It makes the video feel like a poorly written kid's show.

A few of their lines don't sit well with me either. There are awkward pauses between some sentences, and a few are more like the other person was meant to interject, but they ended up getting rid of some lines, and keeping the pauses anyways. Like how Willow wanted to get back on the subject of his theory, and then started his next sentence oddly.

Finally, I don't like either name given to the Pokémon. Meltan and Mel-meltan. That's just...Metagross.

Sethal likes this.
  6. Sethal

Sethal Vibing to OST

Aurile
    (Alolan Vulpix)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,428.1
    Comet Shard ★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    Idk why, but this thing always reminds me of the 100% Zygarde.

PoserPanda likes this.
  7. PoserPanda

SS EGG 2
    (Giratina Egg (Altered))
    Level 74
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,173.3
    It very much feels like a carbon copy. Just a re-skinned version of Zygarde. But no dog-meltan form.

8. Sethal

Sethal Vibing to OST

Aurile
    (Alolan Vulpix)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,428.1
    Comet Shard ★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    Yep, I think the same. I mean, they both have to fuse Cells/Meltan's, so it's just literally the same, I guess.

PoserPanda likes this.
  9. Haunted Ditto

Ditto
    (Ditto)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽775.5
    Oran Berry ★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    I don't really like this thing
    Meltan looks so cute, but Melmeltan looks like Meltan on steroids.

10. Aalacer

Moonwalk
    (Lunatone)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽484.7
    Yeah, that's pretty much it. At least the cell form isn't an item this time around.

I... I know it could be worse, but Melmetal doesn't look good. It is cute in its own way, tho.
    (I still think that red cable is what disturbs their designs)

PoserPanda likes this.
  11. PoserPanda

SS EGG 2
    (Giratina Egg (Altered))
    Level 74
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,173.3
    Exactly! It's like the Pokémon couldn't be cute by itself, so they had to add a tail. Or this is the scrapped design for Zygarde. Plus you cannot get this Pokémon in Let's Go, you absolutely must catch it in Pokémon Go.

Does anyone else see an issue wit this?

12. Aalacer

Moonwalk
    (Lunatone)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽484.7
    The issue will come when they reveal that you have to transfer Meltan from Go to LGPE, and then from LGPE to 2019.

PoserPanda likes this.
  13. Sethal

Sethal Vibing to OST

Aurile
    (Alolan Vulpix)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,428.1
    Yeah. I don't have Pokémon Go. But I'm not really interested in it anyway.

PoserPanda likes this.
  14. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    It looks okay... I guess? Something about it's design though doesn't sit quite right with me. I had the same feeling with Meltan but to a lesser extent.
    Reminds me of the Regis quite a bit, Regirock and Regigigas in particular.

Sethal likes this.
  15. Skullbash

Skullbash I will become the Pirate King

Ralts ♂
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,895.3
    GS Ball ★★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    oof the meltan line is definitely gonna be top 5 for me

16. Geroniny

Geroniny The Spacecraft Of Miracle

Azure
    (Kyogre)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽771.9
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Blue Orb ★★★★★Charizardite X ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    OMG...

(*Immediately Fainted With Cassini Spacecraft As Like Cassini Just Got Safing*)

17. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,446.0
    I actually like Melmetal! It's a shame that I'm not planning on getting Let's Go, but I hope that the people who do will enjoy it! Looks like a fun mon.

18. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,046.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    My first thought when I saw it was, liquid Regigigas, I guess it doesn't look bad but I'm not really sure if I like it or not.

19. Aalacer

Moonwalk
    (Lunatone)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽484.7
    Now that I've been looking at Melmetal's art (the one at the end of the trailer) I noticed that it looks slightly better there than ingame. That's not new, as gen6 models are very stiff and plain-looking ones. I wish they changed their posses to make them look more dynamic in future generations, but I don't see GF doing that, tho.

20. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    Heh, this guy's adorable! Hopefully we've got another pure-Steel type on our hands. I wonder what the evolution method will be like? Probably something like Pancham (hopefully without consuming a party member) or another location-exclusive like the magnetic area evolutions.