1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Introducing my future kids to Pokemon

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by FifiandFurrball4ever, Apr 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. FifiandFurrball4ever

Legendary Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽167.7
    Ok so I don't have kids yet, and it's probably a long way down the road, but I like to plan ahead for when I do. One thing I've been thinking of is when I'm going to introduce them to Pokémon (what age) and how I'm going to do it. What do you guys think? When and how would you do it?

2. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    Huh, I've never thought about this before. To be honest I'd probably just give them a Pokémon game at the ripe old age of 10 and see if they like it. I wouldn't want to force something they don't have an interest in onto them, but come on, who wouldn't like Pokémon?! :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    Ah, introducing the next generation to Pokémon. A vital task we must all take up. Yeah, I don't want to force it on my (non-existent, because I'm not getting married/having kids) kids if they don't like it, but I got introduced quite early and I think I'd just slap a DS in their hands and let nature take it's course. As long as they don't lay claim to MissingNo (cuz dat Glitch is MINE) I'll be fine with whatever they do!
    #MissingNo

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ClefairyKid

ClefairyKid (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    Psychium Z ★★★★Poké Doll ★★Waterium Z ★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★
    I agree, I plan not to have kids but if I did have them around I wouldn't want to start tooo early, or too late, and I wouldn't want to be too forceful about it. I think if you already have the kid though you'd know them well enough to know if they are interested in videogames at all or not first.

Kimochiru likes this.
  5. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    Like what most people have said, I'll most likely not have kids, but I would probably give them a game around 10 (and give me Platinum. That one's amazing). And then see if they like it. If not, oh well, I guess... :cry:

6. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    Future ki-kids? Well, the thought made me blush a little... But, yeah, I'd introduce Pokémon to them when they're about 10-12 years old, something like that. I'll show them the very first episode of Pokémon. And, after that, it's up to them if they like it or not...?

7. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    I'm not planning kids, buuuuuut
    If I did, they'd probably find out about it at a young age due to the fact that I'd still be playing/watching it! X'D

8. Wings

Static
    (Shinx)
    Level 100
    PokéPoints:
    ₽677.2
    I'm not interesting in having kids either, but I'd probably hand them a Pokémon plushie (something like a starter) and if they really liked that toy, then at the age of 9 I'd buy them a DS and see how they liked the games. I might also let them watch the anime first just to let them test the waters.

9. Anubis the Lucario

Robert
    (Nidorino)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽44.7
    Crown of Valor
    It's a popular franchise, I'm probably just gonna let mine discover it for themselves.

10. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    I mean, everybody here doesn't seem to be planning in having kids, and I'm just going to say the same thing. Although I don't think there should be a set age for them to discover it. I think they'd discover Pokémon at a pretty young age like I did, perhaps even younger due to the fact that I play Pokémon games, watch the anime, and create fake cards for TCG.

I wouldn't want to force them to like it though, so it's going to be up to them on whether or not they're going to like it or not. Not like I'm planning on having multiple kids, but you never know

11. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I'm, uh, ha ha, n-not having kids any time soon... or ever... but if I were to try and introduce them to the series, It would be introduced fairly early. I'd give them a 3DS with a fresh copy of the newest game in the series and see where it takes them.

12. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I started at age 5, so I don't think there is a real set age for them to start with. Maybe it would be good if they can read first though.