1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

introducing myself??

Discussion in 'Intro Lobby' started by dangokura, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Kura-chan it is, then! A pleasure to meet you, Kura-chan.
    Ah, that would be your signature. It appears underneath every post you make, and is a nice little way to sign off on your posts - or include a bit of info or two.

To access it, which is in your User Control Panel, look for your name and avatar in the top right of the screen. (It might be on the top left in a different theme.) When you mouse over your name/avatar, you'll see a lot of options, like 'Personal Details', 'Preferences', and so on. Click the one that says 'Signature' to change your signature.

And while you're at it, you might as well poke around the rest of the options as well, see how much you can customise your experience. There's a lot of switches there, so if they confuse you, ask.

2. dangokura

dangokura what is happening ;w;

Mythical eggo
    (Celebi Egg)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.2
    yay, thanks @Eclipse !! i just did the signature thing :P
    and a pleasure to meet you too~!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    Welcome!
    Enjoy your time here and be sure to contribute in the Time Capsule!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. dangokura

Mythical eggo
    (Celebi Egg)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.2
    @Cherry3Fairy yaay thank you! i'm definitely enjoying myself here and i'm still considering how i should contribute to the time capsule~ (maybe i should do some writing? it's my passion after all :D)
    also!!!! while i'm typing this let me take the time to be mad at the eevee which just took all the pokéballs i had on hand!!!!!! and in the end i didn't catch it TTwTT

#24 Nov 7, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  5. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Hey there kura-chan! :D Welcome to the Lake! I'd love to see some of your writing stuff soon! ^^

Like Vigilance said, join us in the Discord chat when you have the chance to if you haven't already! It's a fun place to hang out with other members of the community! :)

Little ice breaker questions here to get to know you! ;) What are some of your favorite Pokémon? First starter ever? Annnd, hmm let's see... What's your favorite part about writing, seeing as you came from fanfiction.net? *_*

6. dangokura

Mythical eggo
    (Celebi Egg)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.2
    ahhh hello + thanks!!
    yep, i'm in the discord chat (i'm kura-chan on there, even though i don't talk too much on discord :3)
    let's see, for the ice breakers...
    i love grass types! (probably because of my love for nature and all hahah) i consider leafeon to be one of my favourites :D
    uhhh, favourite part of writing?? i love all parts of writing but i like writing romance and (this may be weird but) i like putting characters into emotional turmoil. that's probably because i've experienced too much emotional problems in my life and also because i'm a weirdo owo
    you can go look at my stories on ff.net (as mentioned earlier, my account name is candescentstars ;))
    i still don't know if i should post my writing on lv, but if i do, that'll be after i finish writing the multi-chapter work i'm currently working on :D

7. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    You can submit your drawing related to LV or any letters of appreciation, etc. So far, I submitted only a wallpaper. But, the capsule will be sealed after November so you have a good time to think, create and submit.
    And yes, eevees are pretty hard to catch.
    Well, to be honest only 2 or 3 eevees escaped me till date. It doesn't matter much, okay?
    I suggest you buy a good number of Ultra Balls from the Shop. I throw Ultra balls most times and eevee is caught.
    Bye~ ^●^ Take care.

8. dangokura

Mythical eggo
    (Celebi Egg)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.2
    @Cherry3Fairy yep! i might submit some writing or edits or maaaybe drawings :)
    yeap it's time to stock up on ultra balls~
    you take care too!! (btw your avatar is really really cute :D)

9. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Kurt Vonnegut (an extremely prolific fiction writer) once said that "No matter how sweet and innocent your leading characters [may be], make awful things happen to them — in order that the reader may see what they are made of." In writing, conflict is the primary tool; without conflict, there's no growth, there's no movement, and there's no incentive to change. The conflict may be something subtle or it can be massive, but if nothing bad ever happens to your characters, you fall short.

So that's not weird. That's normal. So is writing from experience. I don't think there's anything strange about your approach.

10. dangokura

Mythical eggo
    (Celebi Egg)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.2
    h—holy mcshizzle
    thank you~! ((time to go read some books written by kurt vonnegut :P))

11. VictoryStar34

SS Egg #1
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,103.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★
    Oh hello there! Welcome to THE LAKE hope you enjoy it!

12. dangokura

Mythical eggo
    (Celebi Egg)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.2
    ahhhhh thank you~! @VictoryStar34 i really love lv already xD (and on an unrelated note, i hope we can start writing that collab thingy soon!)

13. VictoryStar34

SS Egg #1
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,103.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★
    Yeah, it would be fun @dangokura if we actually started...instead of messing around.

BUT I DON'T CARE!

14. dangokura

Mythical eggo
    (Celebi Egg)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.2
    same here :P it's fun to just chat, though i suppose we could also work on it and chat at the same time. but still!

15. VictoryStar34

SS Egg #1
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,103.5
    That is true!

But consider..that...messing around is more fun...

16. dangokura

Mythical eggo
    (Celebi Egg)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.2
  17. VictoryStar34

SS Egg #1
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,103.5
    @dangokura That is right... *contemplates my existence*

18. Dodger

Dodger Youngster

Charmander
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6.8
    Welcome To Lake Valor !

19. dangokura

Mythical eggo
    (Celebi Egg)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.2
    thank you! you joined earlier than me, but you're still relatively new here :3 so should i say welcome to you too? xD @Dodger