1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Event Invaders from Another Dimension!

Discussion in 'Valor Archive' started by Vigilance, Jun 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    INVADERS FROM ANOTHER DIMENSION!
    News Update

In the early hours of this morning, an explosion destroyed ULTRA Laboratories, a privately-owned research institution located in Sinnoh close to Lake Valor. All 3058 active staff members are confirmed dead, with the devastation leaving a crater nearly as wide as Lake Valor itself.

The institution had been researching the extra-dimension entity “Cosmog” since its arrival on our plane of existence. A being that arrived suddenly from Ultra Space, scientists believed that Cosmog might hold the key to opening up new worlds, and unlimited free, clean energy. Cosmog has since been recovered and is now being kept in a secure, government-owned facility, with investigations being conducted as to how it has caused this devastation.

Reports of massive tears in sky, known as Ultra Wormholes, are being reported around Lake Valor. Strange creatures that appear to resemble Pokémon but are of a type never seen before are coming in. These creatures, which are being referred to as “Ultra Beasts” are extremely violent, and have already caused millions in damages, including an estimated 372 fatalities. Efforts to evacuate Lake Valor and the surrounding area has already begun, with Elite Pokémon Trainers being requested to aid in the containment efforts.

Opinions on how to handle this crisis are divided, and with the government unwilling or unable to react, three new organizations have appeared in the wake of this disaster, each claiming that they will resolve the current crisis. They are calling upon all able-bodied individuals to join their cause.

We hope to have more news regarding this in the coming days, as investigations are conducted. Please stay tuned for further announcements.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Vigilance

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Excerpt from a Book of Legends
    The Legend of the Radiant Sun, the Full Moon and the Blinding One

From beyond the veil came a creature of the stars,
    and it cried in joy, for it had found ----- once again.

From the creature of the stars came the Sun and the Moon,
    The Radiant Sun, which burned the ----- to Ash
    The Full Moon, which drowned the ----- in Sorrow
    The Blinding One, eclipsing both the Sun and the Moon,
    ----- both with its ----

And thus did the World know ------ once again
    And did the creature from the stars
    Scatter to the winds
    To become ------- once more

Until the Blinding One would rise again,
    Beyond the Veil.

Airsetla, Sethal and RadEmpoleon like this.
  3. Vigilance

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Journal Entry 1 [November 23rd, 2017]

Dear Journal,

I have been hired by ULTRA Laboratories to babysit the new Pokémon - codename “Cosmog”, and no, I have no idea if that is another ridiculous acronym for something - that arrived through the wormhole to Ultra Space some weeks past.

“Ultra Space” indeed. Whoever came up with that name deserves to be fired. It sounds like something from a children's cartoon! Although considering this is “ULTRA” labs perhaps it's just the higher-ups wanting to stroke their collective ego. Whatever.

Over the next few weeks/months/years/however long this takes I will be documenting my observations of the Pokémon, as well as the blundering idiocy of these fools in white coats I am surrounded by. A Pokémon belongs in a Pokémon Laboratory or out in the wild, not in a scientific research institute owned by the government and about fifty different corporations interested only in lining their own pockets.

The question of WHY Cosmog crossed over into our dimension in the first place doesn't appear to be on the minds of many of the research team, and this is something that I find troubling – surely there is more than one Cosmog, and perhaps even other forms of life from wherever it came from? What if it was trying to escape from something bigger and nastier? And we're trying to open up a wormhole to this place? I suppose we'll worry about the world being conquered by invaders from another dimension when we're all being killed.

We're off to a fantastic start.

Professor Augustus Wood

#3 Jun 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
  4. Vigilance

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Journal Entry 2 [December 15th, 2017]

Dear Journal,

My preliminary investigation suggests that Cosmog has actually visited this plane of existence before. Several references to a gaseous entity are made in ancient texts, and whilst this could be a colourful description of a Gastly, I have yet to see a Gastly that could become “a mighty beast whose roar blazes with the strength of the Sun” or “winged brilliance that delivers justice by the light of the Full Moon”

I'm paraphrasing, of course. The descriptions are quite colourful, and very fragmented, making them painfully incomprehensible and open to interpretation at the best of times, and a child's scribblings at the worst of times. But they appear to suggest that Cosmog has two distinct evolutions, and both seem to be quite powerful – perhaps even Legendary. Further research is required.

I will keep you updated soon.

Professor Augustus Wood

#4 Jun 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
    Laserdragon14, Flumph, Gwoomy and 4 others like this.
  5. Vigilance

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Journal Entry 3 [January 12th, 2018]

Dear Journal,

Further research suggests that Cosmog may in fact be quite dangerous. SOMETHING destroyed an entire civilisation in a single night, and I am uncertain whether it is one of these evolutions of Cosmog, or something called “The Blinding One”.

Legends speak of a clash, yet they do not specify the cause, or the winner. Extremely helpful. It is unsurprising, as “destroyed” generally means just that, and I suspect these legends were passed down by word of mouth from the few survivors of that calamity before someone thought of writing them down.

Needless to say, I am the only one who cares about this. Dead civilisations are not reliable, credible sources of “scientific fact” and they don't make for good business either. There is little I can do but watch the experiments continue at this point.

Professor Augustus Wood

RadEmpoleon, Gwoomy and Laserdragon14 like this.
  6. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Journal entry 4 [April 8th, 2018]

Dear Journal,

Cosmog appears to react positively to extra-terrestrial matter. I'm going to call it Dust for the sake of simplicity, although I'm sure it will have another ridiculously long-winded scientific name and an equally stupid acronym. Just call it what it is, we're a secret laboratory, we don't need fancy words none of us understand to confuse the ignorant masses, a.k.a. me, the crazy man who spends all his time talking to the chirping cloud.

But I digress. Whilst Cosmog has been nothing but cheerful since its arrival, and seems content with its captivity, this was the first time I had seen it genuinely animated. It expanded in size, and the energy readings were identical to those observed the day the wormhole opened, albeit on a much smaller scale.

The new working theory is that with enough energy, we may be able to use Cosmog to open a new wormhole to Ultra Space. Today has confirmed that the anomaly was caused by the Pokémon, rather than an external factor that it simply took advantage of to wander through.

Professor Augustus Wood

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Vigilance

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Journal Entry 5 [August 12th, 2018]

Dear Journal,

I have news for you!

Success! By feeding Cosmog enough Dust, we were able to open a portal to Ultra Space! It was about the diameter of a tennis ball, and lasted for a mere 4.6 seconds, but it was enough to get some solid readings...and secure our funding for the rest of the year, no doubt. I expect my salary will remain the same, even though I am the only one making sure that Cosmog doesn't teleport away or go on a rampage. I must admit, I have become quite fond of it.

Finally, our research is beginning to pay off, and our goals of exploring Ultra Space are one step closer to being realised. With this we can revolutionise the world! Free, clean energy in an unlimited supply! A whole new dimension to explore! New opportunities for weapons of mass destruction, and outrageously priced corporate products! Funny, how they never mention the latter two, but those are the two that society at large is most often exposed to.

Professor Augustus Wood

8. Vigilance

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Journal Entry 6 [October 29th, 2018]

Dear Journal,

Work on a device to artificially generate the electromagnetic properties of Dust has begun. Working theory is that we might be able to “supercharge” Cosmog and open a larger, more stable portal to Ultra Space with enough energy. Because that always works in the movies, I suppose. I'm not paid enough to understand how this works. I just watch the sentient cloud of gases eat tiny fragments of whatever, day in, day out. One of us has to have a conscience and remember that the research subject is in fact a sentient creature with thoughts and feelings of its own.

More news to come from my desk...

Professor Augustus Wood

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.