1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Group RP Iris-shi High School Talent (Idol) Club! (IC)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by 122 Generation, Jul 14, 2022.

1. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    The sign up/discussion thread shall remain open for anyone who wants to apply to join.

Also, apologies for the lengthy introduction, but it's the first post! And needs to set the premise.

@PirateCaptain @WavePearl @ChocoChicken @SAF

4/12 Friday: After School, Ylisstol High School

The school bell rang signaling the end of the day and the end of the first school week at Ylisstol High School, in the city of Iris-shi. That was good enough for Robyn, a third-year student attending the school. "Finally! Looking forward to the weekend!" Robyn said.

"You're in a good mood today, Robyn," Robin said to her, his bag packed up in the same manner as Robyn did. He would have thought he would have had the same energy as Robyn did today, since their trains of thought were very similar.

Yeah, shocking that they shared the same name but with one small letter change. It was hard for Robyn at first, since Robyn was a total stranger to everyone, but with Robin's support (who seemed to empathise with her most), she gradually got accustomed to this world here. And the Shepherds accepted her as a friend. In fact, Robin became the one she was most comfortable to talk to. Though it helped they lived in the same place with Robin's eight year-old sister, just further up the hill from the school.
    It had been a year since she started going to this school... At least in this universe. That fact was that Robyn hailed from a different world, but that world had fallen to chaos and was no more. In this world, everything was nearly identical to hers, with the only difference being a male version of herself existed, whose name was Robin.

Using the Fire Emblem, Robyn, Robin, and the Shepherds school club (supported by Prince Chrom himself) prevented the chaos that had nearly fallen on the world last year, at the risk of their lives. But of course, that was a secret between them that they wouldn't tell anyone. Now, it was just carrying on with life as normal, after all that had happened just a few months ago.
    Today was the school Clubs Day, when clubs would set up booths in the school hallways hoping to sign up interested students.

Robyn and Robin went downstairs to buy two pieces of melonpan from the school shop. The melon-flavoured bread was a popular one and sold out quickly. Thankfully, there were some in stock!

"Why am I in a good mood, you ask? I saw this really really awesome flash mob near Anna's while walking from the station," Robyn said, with stars in her eyes. "It was a group of them singing and dancing to one song. Turns out they were promoting the Summer Scramble Festival in Aritia at the end of summer! Then I had an idea: why can't Ylisstol High showcase its talent too?"

Just like that, Robin knew exactly what Robyn was thinking about. No surprise there, since they were of similar minds. "It totally can! If you can get the right people to join you, you could be the talk of the school!" Then he became sheepish. "Uh... I do need to buy dinner for Morgan, so I'll head home first. If you ever need help with your club, let me know.."

"I have your number, after all," Robyn said with a smile. "I'll see you at home."

Robyn found her booth, located near the school foyer, and began decorating it with a tablecloth, a signup sheet, posters of the Summer Scramble Festival (occurring in August), a Poketto doll of Meloetta, and speakers playing music from her playlist. Plus an enormous banner that read: "Ylisstol High School Talent/Idol Club!" It could basically function as a school idol club on its own, but Robyn wasn't envisioning anyone to become idols only. They could though.

She also hoped the club would turn out as successful as she envisioned, but it was dependent on people signing up. Even a small group would be good enough! And worst-case scenario, she would drag Robin into it. So she sat at her booth and waited, watching students pass by.

2. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,993.4
    @122 Generation

(If we're promoting school clubs to start the story, Maya would likely spot the club while helping promote the drama club...)

A few booths over, a few of the drama club members were gauging interest in the club in general, and the first play of the year. But in between answering questions about acting, the different plays the club did, and acting experience, a deep brown haired girl noticed one sign: "Ylisstol High School Talent/Idol Club!" Wonder what that's all about?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,074.6
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    Tala gazed from a distance at the booths. None of her pulled on her interest even though her friends quickly made there choice. Even though she had many friends in class. She herself was more of a loner, she didn't get why people actually liked her. But she also knew she shouldn't question it to much. She decided to walk past the different stands when one of them actually peaked her interest. Looking at the banner and all, it wasn't one she knew was in there school. She also didn't recognize the girl standing behind her. It was weird though, she knew most people.

Slowly she walked up to her and as soon as she stood before the stand, she started smiling and her whole demeanor changed. ''This sounds interesting. What is it?'' she asked

(Sorry I forgot to add it onthe profile. She is kinda like me, a s soon as I am surrounded by other people, I change myself in a more extrovert person)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,696.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    The school bell rang signifying the classes' end of the day. Nora and Kai, a pair of brown-haired siblings in their first and third years respectively, came out from their respective classes.

Kai Hansen
    (Thanks for the help, though. Kai is a member of the drama club, so you made the setup easier for me.)

Well well well, it's that season again~ Kai thought as he made his way to the drama club booth. That's right, it's the Clubs Day and he had to be in the booth early to help with the preps and promotion. While his fellow club members were gauging interest in the club in general, Kai himself was busy handing flyers out to whoever would take them. All while wondering what his sister might be doing right now...

Nora Hansen Nora, meanwhile, decided to make her way to the school shop. But alas, seems like her luck was running out because they ran out of both the melon pan and the curry pan by the time she'd arrived (though to be fair, those two were the most popular stuff in Ylisstol High), so she had to settle with some strawberry-flavored Pocki instead. The brunette then wandered around the hallways (now littered with various club booths, what with the seniors handing out flyers and all) on her quest to find an orchestra club or something similar. There had to be at least one, right?

Wrong. Very wrong. No orchestra clubs in sight, apparently. Not sure if it was good or bad though, considering her need to move on from that previous failure.

Feeling dejected, Nora opted to just look over at the flyers she just got. Book, photography, band, taekwondo, football, baseball, archery, the Shepherd (whatever the heck it was), etc., etc., none of which piqued her interest. She absentmindedly walked around... eventually noticing this one sign: "Ylisstol High School Talent/Idol Club!"

Well, that's new, she thought. Curiosity ensued, the brunette went to that particular booth with that Meloetta plush as her additional incentive.

And no, neither siblings had bumped into each other yet since the lunch break.

#4 Jul 15, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2022
    122 Generation likes this.
  5. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,993.4
    @SAF

Maya noticed Kai had arrived, and waved to get his attention. "Hey...wonder what that talent club is all about?" It was possible he would know something, but it was also possible he would know no more than she did.

(Would it help if I brainstormed a few plays the drama club has put on before?)

6. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,696.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    (Actually, Kai came a bit earlier than Maya to help with setting up the booth. Or hadn't she noticed him until you said she did and/or when he came to restock his flyers supply?
    And about that, sure. Knock yourself out. ;))

Turning to the brunette who was not his sister (that is, Maya), Kai couldn't help but to wonder about the same thing. "Huh? Talent club?" He then peered over to see a banner with "Ylisstol High School Talent/Idol Club!" several booths over and his sister checking it out. "It wasn't there last year tho. A new club, maybe?"

#6 Jul 15, 2022
  7. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,338.0
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    "Sorry! Coming through! Thank- excuse me!"

Struggling to make her way through, second-year student Alexa pushed against the flow of much of the student body of Ylisstol High. This being her first Clubs Day, she hadn't expected so many people to be rushing towards the booths - right in the middle of her usual path to her locker. The folder and notebook she hadn't quite had the time to stash in her bag threatened to slip out her arms any moment as she ducked and weaved around the students' hyped milling about, which didn't exactly help her agitation.

Even so, she couldn't entirely blame everyone for the craze around this day. Alex's fondest memories of her middle school years did revolve around a club after all. She of anyone would know how valuable they could be as a path to friendship, passion, and most of all, good extracurriculars. So as she desperately darted to and fro from within the crowd, she kept one eye on her destination and one on the booths around her.

Through all the hubbub associated with large groups of teenagers she spotted a few names she kept in the back of her head. Of course, deep down she was hoping for a certain type of group performance club, but she knew better than to get her hopes too far up, and simply kept her eyes and mind on picking one of the options that was already around her. Chemistry was on-brand for her at least. Debate could work as well, though it might not be as much her style. There was a group of students playing trading card games - not exactly her style, but if she was desperate...

Out of the corner of her eye she caught a stand advertising itself as recruitment for the "Ylisstol High School Talent/Idol Club". That made her pause. From what she knew, she could only get a vague idea of what the club was. This club was for idols of what exactly? Still, singing was a talent she wanted to pursue, and she hadn't seen any other music-related club pop up at all. Maybe this was worth a shot?

First things first, she needed more information. Besides, it wasn't like she'd be getting to her locker anytime soon. Changing the direction of her frantic crowd-weaving, Alexa started to make her way over towards the talent club booth, formulating a few questions in her mind.

122 Generation likes this.
  8. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,993.4
    @SAF

(clarifying--this is the first time she's noticed Kai--in between rounds of student questions)

"It's gotta be new..." Maya mused. "Part of me wants to check it out, and see if I can juggle that and our plays. Who knows, it might spur student demand for us to do a musical!"

The drama club had tried to do musicals before, but they had gotten nowhere fast due to lack of interest. Plays based on folklore and mythology, and classic tales from literature were very popular--but they had gotten more demand to do lesser known fairy tales outside of the "Cinderella" and "Snow White" box. Someone had suggested "The Three Musketeers", and that was getting an enthusiastic response at the table. I really hope we get to do "The Three Musketeers" this year...maybe, just maybe, I can finally play a lead role!

#8 Jul 15, 2022
  9. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,696.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    @WavePearl

"That, I dunno," Kai merely shrugged. He wasn't that sure if he would even join that club in the first place. Plus, "talent" counts for pretty much anything, right? Even if he joined, the young man doubted if his penchant for acting and occasional piano skills as Nora's accompanist could mesh well with whatever might be lumped together in that club...

(Sorry not sorry, I had to do that narration because iirc Maya is in her first year unless you forgot your own sign-up form somehow. That, or would you like to age her up a little instead? I'll match my narrations accordingly either way.)
    (Done editing.)

#9 Jul 15, 2022
  10. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,993.4
    @SAF

(I'll level her up into a second year so this makes sense--off to edit the signup accordingly)

11. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,696.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    (Aighty. As promised, I changed my previous narration, so now Kai's wondering if his skills can mesh well with whatever talents the new club might end up with.)

Turning to Maya with some drama club flyers still in a hand, Kai offered his free hand and asked, "Well? Wanna check it out?"

12. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,074.6
    While waiting for an answer and dancing a little on her feet she noticed more girls checking it out.
    "Hey. Seems I havent met everyone after all" Tala said with a grin on her face. "Also here because you are curious"

13. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,696.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    "Uh, yeah..." Nora sheepishly rubbed the back of her head at the black-haired girl who (she thought) was talking to her. Judging from the lone girl minding the booth, this club was, without a doubt, a brand new one. Plus, without any orchestra clubs available, this might as well worth checking out -- or so Nora hoped.

14. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    @WavePearl @PirateCaptain @ChocoChicken

(Loved the use of the Pocki sticks, by the way, @SAF! )

Robyn was almost ready to be disappointed given the number of students who came and passed by her booth. Did no one have an interest in the Summer Scramble Festival? If only she could do a performance here and now, but someone had to man the booth. And so far, it was just Robyn herself and the Meloetta doll.

Then she thought, was the name “Ylisstol High School Talent/Idol Club” too long? The thought of her club not being a success caused her to shiver. Saving the world with the Shepherds was one thing, as she had only one expectation after hours of planning and strategizing. This was different!

She didn’t even realise that four girls had showed up to her booth in front of her. It was as if they appeared before her in an instant and Robyn was momentarily blinded. There was a brown-haired girl with twin tails shorter than her own; a dark-haired girl whose hair fell down her backside and appeared dark blue in a certain light; another brown-haired girl whose eyes were green while the first girl's was brown, and a girl with long black hair. "Ah! I'm so sorry!" Robyn said. She stood up straight on her feet and bowed apologetically. "Are you here to join the club? It's..." she trailed off, wondering if she was making a scene of herself. In fact, it was the black-haired girl and the brown-haired girl with twintails who snapped Robyn to her senses. Wait, there was also a brown-haired boy here too. Wasn't he at the drama club booth earlier...?

"Right, uh..." Robyn's face was flush. "This is the Ylisstol High School Idol... I mean, Talent Club! It's a place showcase your talents in mainly music and dance. I hope to harness our school's talents and maybe even make it to the Summer Scramble Festival in Aritia." Robyn pointed at the festival posters behind her. "We'll be meeting up once or twice a week after school, and we'll have outings outside the school! Perfect place to perform." She pointed to the clipboard on the table beside the Meloetta doll. "There's the signup sheet there. Just fill in your name, email, maybe your phone number, and we'll start meeting next week!"

What Robyn didn't mention was that she was the only member of the club. Hence why it was brand new and no one knew about it. She just hoped that they would sign up. She was so nervous, that she didn't notice a Poketto key chain on one of the girls' bags, which she would have loved to talk about.

15. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,338.0
    It looked like there were several others checking out the Talent/Idol Club as well. Alexa faced the white-haired representative in front of her, listening intently to her explanation. Seeing how nervous the other girl was, at points she turned her gaze to the posters nearby, skimming over their contents just so she wasn't staring.

Music and dance performances, huh? And Aritia was the neighboring town, wasn't it? Performing there for what seemed like an annual festival looked about right up her alley. As far as Alex was concerned, she'd found the nigh-perfect club. Before she could quite put her name down on the chart, though, she still had a few enquiries to sort out.

Turning back to the representative girl, she formulated her first question. "Sorry, I'd just like to ask - will performances be as a group, solo, or a mixture of both? And will there be a dress code for practice and performance?" Neither of those requirements were deal breakers as far as Alexa was concerned. Still, it was a good idea to know exactly what she was getting into before sealing the deal. She would've also asked about a set schedule, but given that the rep had been a little bit vague about that, that could probably be decided later.

16. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    Now that Robyn was able to calm down a little though her voice was still nervous, she replied to the dark-haired girl, "Um... It will probably be a mixture of both. I'm sure everyone who joins the School Talent/Idol club has something they can showcase. Better yet, I hope there's something we could do together." Robyn's thoughts went back to what she saw at Anna's. That group that was able to perform as one. "I can guess we'll have solo and group performances!

"Now for dress code... well, you're free to bring whatever you want, but meetings will happen after school, and I'm not changing out of my uniform." Robyn straightened the sides of her school blazer. "On the stage, maybe you could have a costume, but that's a question for the road. I don't know if I also want to stick with my uniform onstage, actually."

Another thought struck Robyn. "Oh! By the way, do you think the club name is too long? I'm thinking of dropping either the word 'talent' or 'idol' from it."

17. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,074.6
    Tala blinked at the sudden amount of information she heard and the question seemed like a normal one. "Sounds amazing" she called out. As she walked to the place where the sheets where.
    "Alright lets see here." While checking the paper she noticed she missed a pen. So she turned around and just called out. "I need a pen" quickly at least 10 to 15 other students rushed to her to give a pen. "Aww thanks. I hope all of you can find good clubs" as she said every student name who stood before her.

Tala turned again and put the sheet on the booth to start writing.
    Lets see
    Name. Tala Asakura
    Email. Tala. Y.k. asakura @ letsgomoons . Bq
    And phone number. 6277383839393939

"There you go. So when is our first meeting?"

18. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,696.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    (So I was waiting for @WavePearl to say something before moving on with Kai's part but the plot had already moved on. Oh, well. Might as well dance with both his and Nora's parts this time.)

You know what, screw it, Kai put the flyers he'd been holding back to the table on the drama club's booth and went to check this "talent club" out. He was about to ask whatever's going on only to find the club's representative explaining about what this particular club entails. He also could find Nora taking one of the posters and skimming over its contents. And one moment later, the big brother thought he could see stars in Nora's eyes.

"You sure you're up for this?" a pat on her shoulder and a way too familiar male voice snapped Nora back to reality. "Kai-niichan!" the little sister yelped. "This sounds fun, actually," she passed the Summer Scramble Festival poster to her brother. That said, while Kai was reading the poster, Nora went ahead and signed up for the club after the black-haired girl was done. And unlike her, the first-year kid already had her own pen ready.

Name: Nora Hansen
    E-mail: noracchi @ blablah . eee
    Phone number: <insert Nora's phone number here>

With everything out of the way, the younger brunette gave the completed sign-up form to the white-haired rep.

19. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,993.4
    @SAF @122 Generation @PirateCaptain

Maya, meanwhile, was already filling in her info. Since the club only met once or twice a week, that would easily work around her commitments with the drama club. That, and she could potentially play her guitar for the club.

20. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,338.0
    "Well, I do think it might be easier to pronounce if you were to remove one word, but I think I'll leave the specifics up to you." Alexa shrugged - before nearly being knocked over by the wave of students passing a pen to the dark-haired girl next to her. After a moment of silent mental grumbling to herself, she took it as her cue to sign up. Carefully swinging her bag in front of her, she quickly produced a pen of her own and placed down her information on the form, right after the several other girls had finished.

Alexa Ying - alexying @ insertplaceholderemailhere. end - 31415926535897932

"Thanks for your time!" With a wave, Alex continued back on her path towards her locker. As she darted away, she only then realized she hadn't asked about the audition process, or if there even was one. She shook that thought off. It would be too awkward to go back now, and whatever audition came her way she could probably survive. Hopefully.