1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Group RP Iris-shi High School Talent (Idol) Club! (IC)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by 122 Generation, Jul 14, 2022.

1. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 74
    PokéPoints:
    ₽14,182.0
    (We're on the same mindset, Choco!)

@SAF @WavePearl @ChocoChicken @PirateCaptain

Robyn smiled at the amused looks she was getting from playing her improv. Who would ever think of writing a song about café au lait, apples, tomatoes, and steaks? Only Robyn (and maybe Robin). This would probably be a good song, as Alex would think of it, as something to wind down after the show.

Plus, the mention of Robin's name by Alexa, which also reminded that Kai also mentioned it, snapped Robyn back to reality. "Oh! Right right right. Robin... Robin... He can play guitar too, just like me. I'm pretty sure (that is, I can't confirm) if he can sing or has interests in dancing too. I mean, I have an interest in dancing. So therefore maybe he might - uh - never mind!" Robyn quickly added, wondering if she was saying too much. Maybe I should ask him if he can do piano."

Then she wrote out a summary of the plans, lines, and roles. Turning her attention to Kai and Maya, she said, "Hopefully it'll be a smooth transition between Kai-kun, Maya-chan, and the rest of us. I mean, I do have a song in mind that all of us could play a part too. But I'll show it to you after you've gotten the drama worked out.

"Now, what is this demo?"

What Kai wrote Maya: "Kai! Are you okay?"
    Kai: "Gosh, I don't want my teacher to see this..."

What Robyn wrote 1. Maya - solo - red/gold?
    2. Nora - with Kai and Tala? - lime green with blue (6890F0) and black/pink
    3. Alexa - with Robyn? - cyan (with electric yellow?)
    4. Robyn - solo with Robin - electric yellow with purple
    5. Robin? - solo
    6. Kai - solo - blue (6890F0)
    7. Group

Robyn - guitar, vocals, dance(?)
    Kai - piano, vocals(?), drama
    Nora - violin
    Alexa - dance, vocals
    Maya - guitar, vocals, drama
    Tala - vocals
    Robin - guitar, vocals(?), dance(?)

WavePearl likes this.
  2. PirateCaptain

PirateCaptain Nightmare Tala

Zigzagoon
    (Zigzagoon)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,459.6
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    Tala smiled but at the same time she felt scared. The thought of going on stage feels like doing something new for the first time.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ghosty Plush
    (Shuppet)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,743.3
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    @WavePearl @122 Generation @PirateCaptain @ChocoChicken

As soon as he got Maya's approval, Kai swiftly set his keyboard set up (he forgot to do so when the siblings first arrived), then started playing it after everything was ready.

(I'll put the timestamps and the quotes from the video in here for the notable moments.)

Throughout the "piece", Kai tried to reenact that one time when his much younger self practiced his piano for a recital. The play started off relatively smoothly as if it was the actual Für Elise until the first "wrong note" ("let's pretend that never happened" at 0 : 14) which he immediately shrugged off. He then kept playing but had to pause out of doubt ("I knew it" at 0 : 29). Played that one part slowly, then a little quicker, paused as he took a deep breath (0 : 35), then played again only to get it wrong again that he just had to slam the keys (0 : 39) out of annoyance. Repeated it again and finally got it right ("let's goo I did it" at 0 : 43) only to get another "wrong note" on the next part ("F%@K" at 0 : 44) and everything went downhill from there until the second key slam ("I'm gonna commit suici--" at 0 : 49). Tried again, paused again ("huge brain fart" at 0 : 52), tried again, paused again, tried again with only his right hand ("OK, right hand only" at 0 : 55), paused again, then back to both hands with the "hard" part skipped ("OK, we're skipping this part" at 1 : 02). And then he paused again after the quick notes ("I'M DONE WITH LIFE" at 1 : 08) before going back on track with several "randomly wrong notes" ensuing. It then ended with a final key slam out of frustration (1 : 23 to end) and Kai's head on the keyboard, all shaky as if he was about to cry. Overall, the act was so convincing that even Nora had to remind herself that her brother was acting.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Dorelune
    (Jirachi)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽29,168.6
    @SAF

The more Kai's "frustrating" performance progressed, the more Maya found it hilarious. By the time the final frustrated key slam echoed through the room, she was shedding tears of laughter. "This is hilarious!" Her mind was spinning with ideas as to what kind of role she could play in this performance.

5. PirateCaptain

Zigzagoon
    (Zigzagoon)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,459.6
    Tala blinked at confusing. Was he acting or was this real. She understood how annoying it could be to get wrong notes. And this was truly the same as her usual reactions

6. ChocoChicken

SHINY DEOXYS EGG 2
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,621.4
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    If she didn't know this was an act, Alex would have been genuinely concerned for Kai's mental health. She almost felt taken aback by Maya's laughter in the scene - perhaps that was a theater thing. Yeah, that was probably it. The most she knew about that was the various musicals she'd listen to.

7. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ghosty Plush
    (Shuppet)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,743.3
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    @122 Generation @WavePearl @PirateCaptain @ChocoChicken

It took Kai about a minute or so until he finally recovered from his shakiness and raised his head with a smile. "Whew..." he was filled with satisfaction at this point, hopefully clearing up Tala's confusion of whether it was real or an act (spoiler: it was the latter). "That was a rough act, by the way. I've yet to refine it," the young man mused -- mainly because he'd been partially sight-reading the music. "Could it be..." that's all Nora could utter out of indescribable emotion. "Yeah, kiddie me didn't find it fun at all," her brother said. And yes, she used to hear random key slams during Kai's practice sessions when they were younger, so Tala's reaction was understandable. Well, at least Maya got the gist, and that's all Kai hoped for now.

WavePearl likes this.
  8. WavePearl

Dorelune
    (Jirachi)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽29,168.6
    @SAF

Maya composed herself before addressing Kai. "So, what role do I play in this?"

9. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ghosty Plush
    (Shuppet)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,743.3
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Turned to Maya, the pianist guy explained, "After I finish that, wait for a bit, like, a minute or two, then you enter and ask if I'm okay." The rest, well... maybe they needed to do the improv next meeting and write down whatever they said for the D-day?

WavePearl likes this.
  10. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 74
    PokéPoints:
    ₽14,182.0
    @SAF @PirateCaptain @WavePearl @ChocoChicken

Robyn had to sweatdrop at the performance that Kai had put on just now. Did it really have to sound like this? Thankfully, she could count on that it was an act and that Maya would probably have the other part of the act covered. Like Alex and Tala, Robyn would have been just as concerned had she not known this was an act.

“After Maya-chan comes on and plays her part, that should cue the rest of us to do the group song,” Robyn said. “The transition shouldn’t be too hard.”

She pulled out the group song that she had in mind. At least, it was the short version of it. There was a full version but that could probably wait until the performance itself.

“Do you think you could all sing, dance, or play to this?” she asked.

WavePearl likes this.
  11. WavePearl

Dorelune
    (Jirachi)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽29,168.6
    @122 Generation

Maya listened to the song for the moment. "I think my main site for chord charts has that song. If they don't have it, I can ask for a chart and tab--they are great about fulfilling people's requests for charts and tabs."

12. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ghosty Plush
    (Shuppet)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,743.3
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Like Maya, the siblings listened to the song Robyn had proposed for the finale. "I think I need to play this by ear..." the younger brunette mused with her brother nodding in agreement. The thing is, unlike the guitar part, the pianist would need to play more than just chords -- he might want to add some flair on his part too. And the violin part might be even harder to find without having to "translate" the music into the musical notes, hence Nora's need to play it by ear.

13. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 74
    PokéPoints:
    ₽14,182.0
    @SAF @WavePearl @ChocoChicken @PirateCaptain

Like Nora and Kai, Robyn wondered if there were certain parts that could only be played by ear and others if there was an existing tab or chord chart. That said, Robyn wouldn’t mind playing tabs to this song too… but if she was singing (which she probably will), chords would do. There was also the tricky part of the song in that there would be key changes back and forth, which may make playing by ear slightly harder.

“If we can get the right resources, I’m certain we can play this! That includes practicing together,” Robyn said enthusiastically. “Here’s hoping we’ll get all this done together from start to finish - that is, every performance and so on. We will need to meet up to practice together at least once. Probably a day or two before the performance.”

(Not cuing yet, but I’m going to assume the rehearsal will have happened during a future cue and jump to the performance right away. That is, maybe after the club has gone shopping for clothes)

WavePearl likes this.
  14. ChocoChicken

SHINY DEOXYS EGG 2
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,621.4
    "All right, I think I can do this - doubly so if there's sheet music, so long as we can agree on who's singing at what points," Alex said, noting the multiple singers. "I'm also happy to figure out a harmony line if you'd want that. Oh, and Robyn, I'll email you once I've got a good vision on how exactly the choreography for Bad Apple might work, and we can set up some times to practice that, see how it might look, get it in our muscle memory, and so on."

122 Generation and WavePearl like this.
  15. PirateCaptain

Zigzagoon
    (Zigzagoon)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,459.6
    Tala listened 5o the song. "I guess I can do it" as she closed her eyes. "Shouldnt be too hard" while humming and moving a long with the song

16. WavePearl

Dorelune
    (Jirachi)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽29,168.6
    @122 Generation

"I'd need to track down a chord chart..." Maya admitted. "But I'll have plenty of time to track down a chart and learn this song."

17. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 74
    PokéPoints:
    ₽14,182.0
    “Ooh. Looking forward to seeing that! That said, I should prepare some choreography for the group song too, for those of us who want to dance. When you have it ready, send it to me, and I’ll send them out by next meeting, hopefully. Some of us can do harmony… as it always sounds good.”

@SAF @WavePearl @PirateCaptain

“Okay! Looks like we have a plan for now. We’ll need to prepare and practice - probably on our own time - and update each other over the month,” Robyn said.

Then she turned to Tala. “No worries! Maybe you could sing the little support parts and then join when me, Alexa-chan, and Maya-chan sing together. If the boys want to sing or just play, that’s cool too.”

Finally, Robyn said to everyone, “Okay, I think we have a good idea of what we’re doing for the show. Now, I hope someone will take pictures or video too so we can post this. Then the festival might be interested in us!”

She made sure she had everything written down. Like the order of performances, the lighting, and instruments. She also had to remind herself to ask Robin what he would play.

“Without further, our next meetup will be stage outfits! I haven’t decided on where, but it’ll likely be at Anna’s. I’ll let you all know where we’ll be in my next email!”

(Spent a couple hours last trying to write the next the chapter in the fanfic… and writing a hard part. Also! I mentioned Phoenix Quest in the latest update)

WavePearl likes this.
  18. WavePearl

Dorelune
    (Jirachi)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽29,168.6
  19. PirateCaptain

Zigzagoon
    (Zigzagoon)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,459.6
    Tala gave a small smile to Robyn. Hoping someday to get it over.
    "Also for outfits. I do not mind going to the mall. I usually meet up with friends there anyway" she said clapping her hands

20. ChocoChicken

SHINY DEOXYS EGG 2
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,621.4
    "Anna's..." Alex made a mental note of that - and a digital one on her phone while she was there. That reminded her. "Oh, by the way, Nora, just before you go - can I talk to you for a minute?"