1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Group RP Iris-shi High School Talent (Idol) Club! (IC)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by 122 Generation, Jul 14, 2022.

1. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,634.7
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    (Hadn't touched this RP for a good while because I've been out of town right now and motion sickness hit me like a truck. Apologies. :()

Now that most of the planning was out of the way, Kai started packing his keyboard up with a lot of things in his mind: when Tala would be open for a practice session or two with the siblings and where (preferably somewhere private enough to not trigger the second-year's stage fright), his own stage outfits (maybe a casual one should do for his solo part), and not to mention his immediate work of splitting the lyrics for the classical parody collab thing (I mean, the transitions to and from Mozart's part would be too awkward if sung alone).

"Yes?" Nora turned to Alex upon hearing her name being called. Unlike Kai, she didn't even get her violin out during the whole meeting. She'd surely have more than enough time for whatever Alex had in mind, right?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    122 Generation likes this.
  2. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,262.1
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    Alex, too, swung her bag over one shoulder as she rifled for something inside. Good, it was still there. "Right, uh..."
    She quickly pulled Nora aside, dropping her voice low so not to disturb the others. "I know I'm three weeks late, but I got this for you." She pulled out a small Pokétto charm of a little electric mouse - at least, she knew this was Pokétto, she wasn't too familiar with the franchise - and extended it to Nora with both hands. "Sorry about the lateness."
    In the back of her head a bit of weight lifted. If she'd gone another meeting forgetting, she probably would have disintegrated into thin air from the shame.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,438.5
    @PirateCaptain @WavePearl

"We just might end up crossing into Parthia Plaza if we can't find what we want," Robyn said. "Then again, Anna's feels like a mall on its own with its many mini stores and shops inside it." She said this as she was packing up her guitar.

@ChocoChicken @SAF

(Still modifying the next chapter...)

For Robyn, after she had packed up her guitar, the temptation was too great for her to resist writing in her support log. Tuning her focus so that she could be within earshot of Alex, she took her support log out and started writing. From the sound of it, Alex was giving Nora something. Robyn had a habit of tracking the interactions she had with the Shepherds last year (and did her very best to keep that secret). It wouldn't hurt to add one more, right? And possibly more OTPs? Wait... was this what she would call obsession? Nah. It couldn't be.

Of course, she also made an effort to be less conspicuous too.

WavePearl likes this.
  4. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,926.7
  5. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,438.5
    @WavePearl

(Until Alex and Nora have finished up their business, we can't move on yet. However, the session has ended, so everyone is free to go. Also! I have uploaded the next chapter within twelve hours as promised, featuring Xander and Ryoma)

"Oh, that said," Robyn added, addressing Maya and Tala. "We're done for today! I hope you enjoy the rest of your week! I'll get updates for you all later. Make sure you have your fashion sense ready."

WavePearl likes this.
  6. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,634.7
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    If Alexa's eyes hadn't deceived her, she could've seen stars in Nora's eyes. I mean, the little charm was of Pikachu, the freakin' mascot of Poketto everyone knew and loved. "Aww, thank you~" Nora thanked Alex as she gratefully took the charm, never mind that it was three weeks late.

7. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,926.7
    @122 Generation

After packing away her guitar, Maya waved goodbye as she departed for the trip home. The evening would involve dinner, a little homework (finishing off the last few math problems and the last little bit of an essay for English), TV, and Phoenix Quest VIII.

#447 Sep 25, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2022
  8. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,057.9
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    Tala nodded. As her friends were already waiting for her. One of them carried her bag and the other her coat as they laughed walking out of the hall towards outside. After going home, and getting back changed and all they went tot the mall, there usual hang space.
    After that she went home, ate dinner and doing some vocals for her own, while recording this song

Sending it to her friends and without her noticing she also send it to everyone in the club

SAF and 122 Generation like this.
  9. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,262.1
    "You're welcome," Alex smiled back, relieved that Nora seemed to be happy about her belated gift. "See you next meeting!" she added as she made her way out the room and started on the route home.

---

Her chat was filled up with new messages when she checked. It seemed like the other three had a lot of questions to ask about the Iris-Shi club - and Tamal and Sonali had started bickering in the middle of it too, because of course they did.

Alexa sighed as she looked over all 143 messages - but deep down she knew it wasn't from frustration. The Talent-Idol Club was great, but these guys were irreplaceable. She looked towards her homework, and paused again before quickly typing something out.

Gotta get my homework first! I'll get to your freakin' chat flood later, LMAOOOO

Even after she put her phone down and opened up her textbooks, the buzzing of the messages doubling in number resonated through the table. She carefully lobbed it onto her bed before turning back to her chemistry, chuckling to herself with a smirk. Miss you guys.

SAF, 122 Generation and WavePearl like this.
  10. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,438.5
    @ChocoChicken ('the other three'?)

@PirateCaptain @WavePearl @SAF

After Robyn waved everyone goodbye and dismissed the club, she finished writing in her support log about today's interactions. The conversation between Alex and Nora was just simply adorable! Nora must have loved the gift she got. And then she recorded her conversation with Tala about Tala's brother. Then she packed up her belongings and left the conference room. She found Robin waiting for her with a bottle of milk tea for her and one for himself. Initially, she was in the mood to scold him, then she changed her mind ("Robin! Perfect timing! What song are you playing?") and they walked home together.

It was only Monday today, but with midterms having passed, it was now time to consider the other half of the school term. Finals would be around the corner in due time. When Robyn and Robin got home, Robyn spent the time studying, starting on her English essays and biology research, plus review of history materials, and begin preparing the logistics for getting the right lighting for the upcoming performance. After she wrapped up her study session, she went to practicing her song and pressed Robin to share his. Robin was more than happy to, and he admitted it would take time to get it done right.

Then they got the notification that Tala had recorded a song which the pair listened to.

"Oh? She does have a nice voice, that's for sure!" Robyn said to Robin. As she thought about it, Robyn wondered if Tala would ever meet her brother again. That would be for another time.

By the end of the week, Robyn sent out the email advising the club to pick out outfits together at Anna's. That would come on the following Tuesday.

So the weekend came. Robyn check out the Ebuto video for more updates and comments and found there were more views. She also spent some of the weekend filming a promotional video for Robin, and then they were off playing Luigi Kart. This time, they played as their other OTP in Luigi and Daisy. They decided to play for the same team. As well, Robyn got to practice a little dancing too.

As a reward, Morgan - Robin's younger sister - made them delicious lemon puffs after they had practiced their tunes and moves.

(Cuing the week and the weekend... Wow, I've been away from this RP for too long :sweat:
    Also, I must confess that I made an error with the midterms. I made it occur a week too early, but no matter. Things shall proceed as usual)

11. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,634.7
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    With everything out of the way (for real), the siblings waved everyone goodbye and departed for the trip home with their instruments in tow. The two had their dinners as soon as they got home, then caught up with homework, and finally worked on their personal (?) projects. Nora rearranged the music for violin and piano while Kai worked on splitting up the lyrics with Tala's voice range in mind (the siblings got her recording too, though Naga knew where she got their numbers from). And with so much considerations, he sent this to Tala in a document file along with the song's link on Ebuto:

What Kai sent to Tala N: B to the S M
    In your era
    Eins, zwei, drei, vier

T: Guten Morgen
    Don’t touch my organ
    My brain so huge
    That’s how you get the art of fugue
    Complex polyphony
    Master of tonality
    They call me the real OG
    That’s why y’all keep coming Bach to me

K: I’m a prodigy kid
    Hear the bops that I did
    First in class, lick my Arsch
    And attend my greatest mass
    Let me blow my magic flute
    All-time great, that’s absolute
    I’m the king, make you sick
    When you play my Nachtmusik

T: Opera and ballet
    Carry you away by night and day
    Your mind has gone astray

T+K: Gone is my Juliet
    I won’t forget the night that I

K: Hit you with that
    T+K: Duh duh duh dum
    Hit you with that
    Duh duh duh dum

K: Stop telling me what to say what to write
    Writing music for the brainless out of spite
    Sick of writing for the Stalin government while I
    Shh, be quiet
    I’m scared, I’m terrified
    They gonna take me in the middle of the night
    They’re trying to censor me, take away my rights
    But against oppression, I shall fight

T: Hear, my last premiere
    Full of despair
    No need to shed a tear

Hit you with that
    Duh duh duh dum

N: Classical, Romantic, got them both
    Expressive play is my forte
    T: All them haters calling out my name
    Call me insane
    Deaf to the hate

K: Can’t hear you, what?
    What did you say?

PS: Just sing the pink parts, okay?

Unbeknownst to Tala, the siblings had its complete version:
    (Intro: Bach's Toccatta and Fugue in D minor on piano)
    N: B to the S M
    In your era
    Eins, zwei, drei, vier

T: Guten Morgen
    Don’t touch my organ
    My brain so huge
    Complex polyphony
    Master of tonality
    They call me the real OG

(Mozart's Symphony No. 40 in G minor on violin)
    Hear the bops that I did

(Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake on violin & piano)
    T: Opera and ballet

(Beethoven's Symphony No. 5 in C minor on violin)
    Hit you with that
    Duh duh duh dum

(Shostakovich's DSCH Motif on violin & piano)
    Shh, be quiet

T: Hear, my last premiere
    Full of despair
    No need to shed a tear

(Beethoven's Symphony No. 5 in C minor on violin + Bach's Toccatta and Fugue in D minor on piano)
    Hit you with that
    Duh duh duh dum

(Beethoven's Für Elise on piano)

T: All them haters calling out my name
    Call me insane
    Deaf to the hate

What did you say?

(Solo: Paganini's Caprice No. 5 in A minor on violin + Beethoven's Symphony No. 5 in C minor on piano)
    (End: Beethoven's Symphony No. 5 in C minor on violin & piano)
    Plus a backup plan just in case:
    (Intro: Bach's Toccatta and Fugue in D minor on piano)
    N: B to the S M
    In your era
    Eins, zwei, drei, vier

Guten Morgen
    Don’t touch my organ
    My brain so huge
    Complex polyphony
    Master of tonality
    They call me the real OG

(Mozart's Symphony No. 40 in G minor on violin)
    Hear the bops that I did

N: Opera and ballet

K: Gone is my Juliet

Hit you with that

(Beethoven's Symphony No. 5 in C minor on violin)
    K: Duh duh duh dum
    Hit you with that
    Duh duh duh dum

(Shostakovich's DSCH Motif on violin & piano)
    Shh, be quiet

N: Hear, my last premiere
    Full of despair
    No need to shed a tear

K: Gone is my Juliet

Hit you with that

(Beethoven's Symphony No. 5 in C minor on violin + Bach's Toccatta and Fugue in D minor on piano)
    K: Duh duh duh dum
    Hit you with that
    Duh duh duh dum

(Beethoven's Für Elise on piano)
    All them haters calling out my name
    Call me insane
    Deaf to the hate

What did you say?

(Solo: Paganini's Caprice No. 5 in A minor on violin + Beethoven's Symphony No. 5 in C minor on piano)
    (End: Beethoven's Symphony No. 5 in C minor on violin & piano)

Kai also contemplated to ask if Tala would be up for a practice session or two between the three -- both of them plus Nora. But on the second thought, it could wait until next week's Tuesday at Anna's. Tala should've got plenty of time to practice until then.

(@PirateCaptain In case you forgot the song)

#451 Sep 26, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2022
  12. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,926.7
    @122 Generation

Homework was manageable at this stage--which made trying to complete Phoenix Quest VIII before IX's release just a little more manageable. In between guitar practice, homework, brushing up on all the Vivid Angel Squad songs she knew, walks around town (including making a note to shop for coords), and a few soap deliveries and Phoenix Quest IX trailers, Maya had a very productive few days.

13. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,057.9
    Thanks choco. Also funny that only 122 reacts to my last part)

Tala checked her mail and looked at the lyrics. "Alright. This week will be a lot of practicing" she said herself.
    As the week continued she indeed practiced a lot. Noticable by her friends that she hardly spend it time with them. However if a less good frienr would get mad. They all stayed and cheered her on. A few even helped her with the parts that was harder to pronounce.
    By the weekend she saw that they would meet up on tuesday at Anna. Been awhile since going there she thought

14. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,634.7
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    While Tala was busy practicing her singing, Nora and Kai also took their time to polish their violin and piano skills respectively. The two also got a vocalist's crash course from Kai's friends in the choir club -- the fourth-year Haku and the third-year Meru -- every other day after school throughout the week.

(Excuse my old OC cameos btw. In this universe, Haku and Meru are transfer students from Shirasagi High (since his second year for Haku and recently for Meru) but wear Ylisstol High uniforms because their old ones from Shirasagi High don't fit them anymore.)

122 Generation and WavePearl like this.
  15. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,262.1
    Outside of homework, Alex too had to figure out the routine for Bad Apple - the movements weren't too extreme, mostly mimicking the animation with simple movements and gestures and the occasional turn - she made sure any spins were slow enough that it wouldn't take the wind out of them. The non-lead part was a little bit more difficult to imagine for, needing plenty of mirroring positions and poses that kept at least one hand close enough for a microphone but also not distract from the main poses.

Most of the transitions, particularly during the beginning, were just rotations of the two singers, switching who was in the spotlight. During the more abstract or still sections where the animation was a little more difficult to match, she would let the two of them move further apart on stage, one mostly remaining still while the other took the spotlight.

Aside from that, she'd found ways to learn the harmony of the song by ear, just in case Robyn would prefer to sing the lead. She hoped her stick figures and positioning diagrams would be enough to communicate but flexible enough to allow for some leeway - Robyn probably had some thoughts about what she'd want to add for choreography, maybe.

16. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,438.5
    Over the weekend, Robyn happily read the entries in her support log, enjoying the interactions that had occurred throughout club time. There was that adorable exchange between Nora and Alexa; Tala sharing something very personal to Robyn herself (which Robyn thought, 'why me?'); the friendly banter between Kai and Nora; and also the group as a whole when Lissa and Robin burst into the club meetings on different occasions. Why, Robyn even wrote down the part where Nora startled her into dropping her support log! (She hoped no one saw the doodles in her notebook). Apart from that, she also spent time reviewing her song (CHASE!) and Alex's song.

Then she went about reviewing the logistics issues. So there were different lights for each performer. The performance would begin with Maya's performance, followed by Nora, Kai, and Tala who would do a very interesting cover, for lack of better word. Tala wouldn't star in any of the performances, but hopefully she would be able to when she had the confidence.

Alexa would come next which Robyn promised she'd do a duet in. That said, she was expecting Alexa to send out some choreography out soon. That seemed like a proper cue for the lighting too! When Alex was done, that could easily transition to Robyn's performance with Robin's support (which made Robyn roll her eyes seeing she intended to do this on her own, but she didn't mind Robin's company either). Robin would get his own performance after, followed by Kai's, with a little drama to the ending. Wow, this was a lot to take in, Robyn thought.
    What Robyn wrote 1. Maya - solo - red/gold?
    2. Nora - with Kai and Tala? - lime green with blue (6890F0) and black/pink
    3. Alexa - with Robyn? - cyan (with electric yellow?)
    4. Robyn - solo with Robin - electric yellow with purple
    5. Robin? - solo
    6. Kai - solo - blue (6890F0)
    7. Group

Robyn - guitar, vocals, dance(?) - electric yellow
    Kai - piano, vocals(?), drama - blue
    Nora - violin - lime green
    Alexa - dance, vocals - cyan
    Maya - guitar, vocals, drama - red/gold
    Tala - vocals - black gray/pink
    Robin - guitar, vocals(?), dance(?) - purple

Meanwhile, Robin went to practise his performance. He picked out a song which he elected to dance to, and he also practice the guitar part for Robyn's song too, to give her some support.

Then Robyn sent out the email reminding everyone to go to the main entrance of Anna's next Tuesday, just a week before their first performance at the end of the month on May 31. Robyn expected everyone to spend more time than usual shopping for clothes, so it was best to minimise spending too much time there. With the remaining time she had, she practiced dancing for her performance. That, and the group song too, which would have to be coordinated with everyone else later.

After that, the pair decided that with the remaining hours of the weekend, they brought Morgan out to Parthia Plaza to have dinner at the very popular ramen shop that took forever to get a seat in. They elected to study a little bit too, but also keep Morgan entertained with chatting, catch-up, and a card game.

5/21 Tuesday: After School; Anna's

Robin needed to head out to the Hee Ho Mart to get things for Morgan but he promised he would get his outfit worked out later. As a result, Robyn was on her own when she walked the length of road from Ylisstol High School to the heart of Iris-shi, which was the hypermarket that was Anna's.

Anna's was enormous. It was a department store that basically functioned as a shopping mall. It had two levels and although the 'stores' within had the appearance of individual businesses, they were all in fact owned by Anna's. The grocery department made up half of Anna's, with other areas for fashion, electronics, video games, furniture, and almost everything a daily consumer needed. It did not, however, have a food court, unlike Parthia Plaza (among other things in Parthia Plaza that Anna's didn't have). Neither could it have music products that compared to those at Yuka Music. As it happened, the owner was also called Anna.

Robyn made herself comfortable at a park bench just outside the store entrance. She had her schoolbag with her and placed it on the bench too. That said, she really did look like the typical schoolgirl who had just had a long day at school (when really her mind was on the club meeting).

(Okay. Now wondering what a Shirasagi High and a Krakenburg High uniform might look like)

#456 Sep 26, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2022
  17. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,057.9
    After school on tuesday Tala quickly went home to change and went back to Anna. She wore her usual clothes her black and white dress and her black long boots. Usually have her hair on a ponytail at school she wore it now down with some clips in it.
    "Heyyy" as she waved towards she hoped was her club members.

18. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,634.7
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    (Can't really promise anything, but I'll see what I can do.)

Fast forward to the club's meeting day, the Hansen siblings met up with each other after school at the school store (they were lucky enough to get a melon pan for each this time) and made their way to Anna's. However, unlike the previous meetings, Nora didn't have her violin with her this time considering they're gonna go shopping for clothes. It was at the park bench just outside Anna's where the two met a certain pair of white-haired and black-haired girls waiting for them. Why, the black-haired one had already changed out from her uniform.

In response to the latter's cheerful wave, Nora waved back at her and Kai just smiled.

(The "certain pair of white-haired and black-haired girls" would be Robyn and Tala, respectively.)

19. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,926.7
    @122 Generation @SAF @ChocoChicken @PirateCaptain

Tuesday finally arrived, and Maya stepped off the bus before the Anna's front entrance. While her main reason for the trip was coord shopping, her mom had asked her to pick up a few groceries on the way. She could do that once she picked out a coord, though.

20. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,262.1
    Alex wanted to say that she arrived early, as usual. She didn't. She was very much the last one there. Anna's was a place she wasn't that familiar with, since she'd moved a few months ago, and even if it was, she hadn't completely accounted for traffic that day. So for her, it was a mad-dash scramble off the bus to where Robyn and the others were sitting.

"Sorry- sorry guys, am I late?" she panted a little bit as she caught up to the rest of the group, hands on her knees. She'd thrown her windbreaker over her school shirt and pants, but otherwise remained unchanged from her uniform. "Don't worry, I didn't forget my wallet-"