1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Group RP Iris-shi High School Talent (Idol) Club! (IC)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by 122 Generation, Jul 14, 2022.

1. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,357.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    And then Maya and Alex came. The latter, for one, looked like she was in panic upon seeing (almost) everyone else there. "Nah, you're just in time..." Kai assured Alex with a hand on her shoulder. Looking around upon noticing someone missing, he added, "...'cause I haven't seen Robin yet. The guy, I mean."

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,332.2
    (Hey, no need to feel obligated. Just treat it like something for your downtime - just like me and my fic)

@PirateCaptain @SAF @WavePearl @ChocoChicken

As it happened, the bus that Maya and Alex took was the one that passed by Anna’s on its way to Iris-shi Station, so that worked out fine! However, traffic did tend to pick up when people were trying to get home.

Even from this distance, Robyn could recognise her fellow club mates given how dynamic their appearances were. Who else wore a windbreaker and glasses over the school uniform like that? Or had black and pink hair (which Robyn thought looked good in a ponytail)? Let alone the colours of the summer Ylisstol High School uniforms.
    “Hey!” Robyn waved at Alexa once she joined the rest of the club, shortly after Nora and Kai had arrived. Once everyone had gathered, she tried getting everyone's attention. “Looks like we’re all here, minus Robin. He’s off shopping for his younger sister," she added, to answer Kai's question.

Then the Ylisstol High School Talent/Idol Club entered the sliding doors of Anna’s. They walked into the concourse which served as the main space to reach other departments. Evidently, the grocery department was the largest, taking up half the space and even has its own entrance in addition to the main one.

Robyn led the club past the grocery store to the Anna’s fashion section. There, they were met by a large display of clothes, shoes, accessories, and other fashion needs. Just outside the entrance to the fashion section, Robyn called everyone to order. "Today, we're going to be picking what outfits to perform on stage. I'm sure we'll find something for each of us that will look good. And bear in mind, you're each responsible for your budget - the school isn't paying for this. So yes, let's take a look!"

(For us players, the objective is to think of what your stage outfits will actually be like. Feel free to write about the characters trying or buying what they need, but there's no need to drag on thread if you've already decided... Even I haven't thought of a clear idea for Robyn and Robin myself)

3. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    @PirateCaptain @SAF @122 Generation @ChocoChicken

(here is the brand list so far:

Cute/Dreamy

Blooming Dream (a brand that focuses on flower motifs)
    Candy Party (a brand that focuses on colorful food motifs)
    Happy Rose (a brand that focuses on fairy tale motifs)

Cool/Heartthrob

Beat Holic (a brand that focuses on 90's street culture)
    Pixel Dreams (a brand that draws on iconic Koppai series for its motifs)
    Cyber Glamour (a brand that draws on futuristic motifs)

Beautiful/Charming

Music Crystal (a brand with jewel and musical motifs)
    Royal Memory (a brand that evokes royal and noble designs)
    Moonlight Waltz (a brand that focuses on elegant outfits that evoke a starry night)

Exotic/Rugged

Sakura Spring (a brand inspired by traditional (Japan counterpart) clothing)
    Lilly Beach (a brand inspired by tropical motifs and (Hawaii counterpart) clothing)
    Clover Dream (a brand inspired by (Ireland counterpart) clothing

Passion/Power

Twinkle Rock (a brand that focuses on bright and glittering designs)
    Heavenly Phoenix (a brand that focuses on fire and phoenix motifs)
    Stardust Neo (a brand that is inspired by kaleidoscopes and fractals)
    Prism Laser (a brand that evokes lightsticks and lasers)

Angelic/Heroic

Sunrise Angel (a brand that focuses on warm colors and angelic motifs)
    Butterfly Crown (a brand that focuses on butterfly patterns)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #463 Sep 27, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2022
  4. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,357.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Yeah, all of your fashion needs were available in the fashion section of Anna's. Would be hard to decide without any slightest imagination on what to wear on the D-day. In Nora's case, she would love to wear her school blazer over... a sundress or something? Either way, evening gowns would be less appropriate in the idol-styled performance she's about to do in about a week or so.

However, since her show was a three-persons one, Nora had to ask Kai and Tala about their costume. "Nii-chan, Tala-senpai," she turned to them both. "Can we at least wear the school blazer on stage, please?" she asked, though it sounded more like a request than a question.

(For the "Duh Duh Duh Dum" (a.k.a. famous composers reimagined as a boyband) cover, I'd imagine the siblings' and Tala's stage outfits would be their school blazer over whatever they're comfy with. That is, if @PirateCaptain is cool with it.)

5. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽16,899.3
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    Tala looked around and just started to grab random items and walked to the dressing rooms.
    Trying all kinds of stuff, she eventually went out again, did the clothes away, to get new other clothes and gave it another try
    This continued like 10 times and when finally she walked out with this

upload_2022-9-28_16-24-3.png

Tala looked up while walking out of the dressing room. ''O. ummm, I guess so we could do that.'' as she blinked at the sudden idea

(Ignore the hair, I need the hair for the hat. Also took awhile but found a dollz site to create this for me.)
    @SAF I see, well I created this out fit and than at the same time ya post it. So I do not know for sure, maybe she can wear mine in another time

#465 Sep 28, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2022
    122 Generation likes this.
  6. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
  7. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,990.4
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    Well, it looked like everyone else had a plan. Alex wasn't sure if they wanted to sync their outfits with everyone else, but for now she just turned to Robyn. "Since you're doing two duo performances, do you think we should sync up our uniform styles, or do you think dressing independently might be a better idea?"

Of course, given the choreography she'd have to do, Alex knew the kind of wear she was looking for - something at least a little bit athletic, with long pants and the most "glamour" being on a jacket itself - not a huge detour from her usual style, if she was being completely honest. It was just a matter of getting the small details and finding something with a reasonable price tag. And if Robyn wanted to sync in some way - maybe black and white, given their performance song - she could figure that out as well. Worst come to worst, she and her parents could just alter one of her existing jackets and grab some loose dress pants.

8. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,357.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Seeing the other girls already trying everything out and with both Tala and Kai agreeing with her proposal, Nora went on to try stuff herself. She tried various dresses here and there with a single important feature in mind: said dresses must not obstruct her left shoulder because it's where the violin rests while performing. And eventually, she settled with a yellow checkered sundress, a white hair ribbon, and a pair of black wedges. Ain't gonna risk the unnecessary burden on her feet from the high heels, after all.
    [​IMG]

Kai, meanwhile, was busy looking for a Bach wig. Y'know, a white wig resembling Bach's hairstyle.
    [​IMG]
    That, and clothing was much easier for him as a guy. He could just wear a random undershirt for this performance. Despite that, he also made a mental note to seek out some proper stage outfits for future use.

#468 Sep 28, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2022
    122 Generation and WavePearl like this.
  9. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽16,899.3
    Despite everything. Tala still decided to get her clothesx with a you never know. As she paid her stuff

10. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽16,899.3
    Despite everything. Tala still decided to get her clothesx with a you never know. As she paid her stuff

11. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,332.2
    @ChocoChicken

“Uh…” Robyn never actually thought about that. “I suppose that so long as it’s not radically different, we can wear what we want to express our styles.” What Robyn had in mind was to modify her school uniform to it was more stage-like. She even thought about wearing headphones. “I might need to wear leggings or shorts if I’m dancing in the school skirt though.”

As an answer to Alexa’s thought (but not spoken yet), Robyn’s school uniform from Plegia City was black, which might help with integrating with the others. That would come if Alex brought it up with Robyn, of course.

Robyn examined the leggings and shorts, wondering if she she buy some of these.

@WavePearl @SAF @PirateCaptain

(Man… now I really want to draw out Robyn’s stage dress - but I obviously can’t do that while at work! :sweat:)

Meanwhile, in a different part of Anna’s, Robin was in the electronics section to browse headphones. Besides the hardware, television screens, and other accessories lined up the shelves, there was also a very attractive display of video games too - but he knew he didn’t have the money for that. No, he needed to focus on the headphones. Would ones with LEDs look better? It was possible.

WavePearl likes this.
  12. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    @122 Generation

After paying for her coord, Maya made her way towards the grocery area of the store. Let's see...Mom asked me to pick up some chicken and some veggies for tempura tonight...

A poster advertising Coming Soon! Phoenix Quest IX! Pre-orders available now in the electronics department! got her attention. Not today... she reminded herself. My coord and food come first.

13. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,357.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    (@PirateCaptain Is that an accidental double post?)

On the second thought, the Bach wig was way too pricey. Kai had to put it back and ultimately went for a red scarf instead. Yes, a red scarf, like the one Beethoven had worn long ago.
    [​IMG]

The siblings also bought two sets of <Happy Rose / Royal Memory> proper stage outfit, one for each. They could've saved them for their future shows if not worn right now.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

(I still can't decide on the brand yet. :sweat:)

#473 Sep 28, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2022
  14. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,990.4
    @122 Generation

"All right. In that case..." Alex tried to narrow down her options, looking around some of the stores - that was definitely too frilly, that one maybe a bit too loud for her... wait, did Robyn say something about her school skirt? "Wait, just to clarify - what are you planning on wearing, anyway? Your uniform?"

15. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,332.2
    (I also forgot to add that Anna's, as per my fanfic, also sells school supplies)

@ChocoChicken @WavePearl @SAF @PirateCaptain

Robyn jolted. Wait. Did she just say part of her thoughts out loud to the club without realising it? She laughed nervously at Alex. "Uh..." As if she was anything but nervous, Robyn twisted her fingers in one of her twintails. "Kind... of? I'm going to wear my blazer-" (she tugged on the sleeve of her Plegia City blazer) "-and my skirt here. I'll need a looser shirt underneath so I can move around more freely..."

She spotted an Ylisstol High sailor uniform that Anna's sold to students under a not-for-profit banner, as the sole purpose was to supply students who needed them while not allowing businesses to profit from the education system. Proof of school ID was required when purchasing these from Anna's, as the sale of these was also regulated by the government. Would this look good with her blazer? Robyn figured it might.

Then again, since she was here, Robyn purchased a second outfit for good measure. So she would have two outfits! And one not so obvious as her school uniform. It had involved a vest, gloves, boots, and certainly anything but a school uniform.

Then she picked up purple shoes from the Beat Holic mini-shop that would be comfortable enough to run around and possibly dance in and went back to Alexa. "Um... has anyone seen Tala-chan? Or Maya-chan?"

(Robyn's basic outfit has her respective blazer, skirt, and shoes instead of red)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    In the electronics section, Robin had purchased a set of headphones with LED lights that he figured might look good. Would Robyn agree? He would think so.

#475 Sep 29, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2022
  16. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    @122 Generation

Maya froze when she realized she had left her club mates behind by accident At least I should tell them I got a coord before I do my grocery run...

She weaved her way back near the Beat Holic mini-shop, where she recalled seeing some of her club mates...

17. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,990.4
    "I think Tala's still changing," Alex responded, though in her head she was mulling over Robyn's idea. If Robyn was planning on wearing black, then it would potentially be a good idea to pick up something in white. It had to remain flexible and lightweight considering the choreo, but considering her own personal tastes...

She then looked up and saw Robyn had two packages in her arms. "Wait, are we purchasing outfits just for this performance, or for multiple?"

#477 Sep 29, 2022
  18. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽16,899.3
    Tala turned around as she got the recipt from the lady behind the counter. "I am just here. Just bought an outfit. I am sure I can do something with Nora idea." She smiled

(@SAF Yes. No idea how it happened)

19. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    @SAF

"I'm here--I've gotten a coord myself." Maya interjected as she approached the others. "If we have our coord, what should we do?"

20. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,357.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Having managed to tread her way to the Beat Holic mini-shop, Nora caught up with the other girls. "Senpai?" she called out to her clubmates -- who were all upperclassmen to Nora. "Nii-chan's still paying over there..." she turned to the cashier counter where Kai was. Apparently there was quite a line over there (after Tala had done with her payment) and he was several people away from the cashier.

#480 Sep 29, 2022
    WavePearl likes this.